Chapter 24

Accustomed to Fame

"Really?!" Jinyoung exclaimed with much excitement.

Shinwoo nodded.

"Hyung.." Gongchan whispered, tugging at Shinwoo's shirt.

Shinwoo didn't say anything but gave him an assuring look.

The rest just shrugged it off and trusted their hyung's decision.

With that, they drove out to your parents' house. You were there but you thought it was best not to show yourself yet. The maids kindly let the five boys in and they walked around. They tried to remind him of what happened there.

"Hyung, a few years ago we performed here, for a girl's birthday. Do you remember who's birthday it was?" Baro said.

Jinyoung thought hard. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember. They explored the whole mansion, but he couldn't remember anything. Finally, they had just given up, except for Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung, let's just go home for today, hm? You'll remember sooner or later. Just be patient. We're all here for you, you know that right?" Shinwoo said.

"You're right, I know. But can we please just stay a little longer? I need to remember who owns this house, at least," he said.

"Alright, alright."

Then the doorbell rang.

They all turned to see who at was as the maid opened the door.

It was Hyo Jin. There was some awkwardness because she and Shinwoo had broken up as well, not too long after you and Jinyoung called it off. Neither of them were over each other. Circumstances also forced them to break up, but they still loved each other.

She stood exactly where she was and panicked a little.

"Uh, I think I got the wrong house.. Sorry." she lied and bowed. Before she could leave, Shinwoo called her name.

"Hyo Jin.."

The sound of his voice made all their memories come back rushing to her, and her eyes slowly started to fill up. She stayed in that spot, not facing them.

"Jin.." he called out again. She still didn't turn around, and by then, she was already shedding tears silently. She wanted to leave but her feet wouldn't let her.

Meanwhile, Jinyoung squinted at her figure. She seemeed familiar to him. He thought hard about it and paced around. As he paced, he saw a picture of you and Hyo Jin in a frame, as a decoration for the house. His head started to bang with pain once again. He clenched his teeth and held his head as he fell onto the ground.

Memory 2: First meeting (Jinyoung's POV)

We finally arrived at the venue that we had a private performance for. Gosh, this house is huge. The celebrant came down from the stairs, and no lie, she looked pretty good. She looked strangely familiar too.

We approached her to greet her.

"Hello," we said in unison.

She said hello back to us, but she didn't seem to acknowledge our presence too much. Tch, whatever.

Suddenly, her friend that worked for our manager said they needed to check on something upstairs and so they left us just standing there.

Did she really not know us? This is so irritating! We're really popular! Has she been living under a rock or something? 

"Damn it!" I said aloud, accidentally. Whoops.

"What the heck hyung, you made me drop my food!" Sandeul said, very upset.

Shinwoo continued to ask me what was wrong with me.

I told them about the girl and I realized that it was the same one from Serendipity. Wow, she must really not get out too often. How did she not recognize us? It didn't really bother the others too much, but to me it was a big deal. I have no idea why.

For the rest of the day, me and the celebrant were bickering like a cat and dog. The rest of the guys were enjoying themselves, and Shinwoo seems to have some interest in that Hyo Jin girl. Good for them. I was just irritated with this girl. I just don't know why I keep going back and talking to her, trying to start up more arguments when we just finished one. I just keep going back. I'm strangely attracted to her. I heard the guys talking about me earlier. They said that I look like I like her and I'm just bickering with her because I want her attention. Could it be that? Tch, nah, that's so childish.

Finally, we left, but then I realized I left my scarf at her place. I could've asked someone else to get it for my, but truthfully, I just used it as an excuse to go see her again. What is this feeling?

End of Memory

"Hyung, hyung?!" they all said, shaking Jinyoung.

Shinwoo was busy staring at Hyo Jin's back. All their memories also came back to him. He wanted her back, but he wondered if it was the same for her. So he just stood there again, like a coward.

"I'm okay. I just got another one of my memories back," Jinyoung said, smiling.

"Hyung how could you smile right now? You were just on the floor screaming out in pain earlier.." 

"Well, it just happened like that.. But hey, is Hyo Jin with Shinwoo? Are they okay? They seem tense."

"I actually don't know what's.. Hey! You remember Hyo Jin noona!" Gongchan exclaimed.

"Yeah, I do. I also remember Lee Mi Hyun. The one from the hospital. So that's why she brought me gifts.. But, you guys were saying she's my girlfriend. Is that true..?"

"Yup, I'm sure you remember now that you fell for her from the very first time you saw her, but that's not all there is to it. You guys have a complicated relationship. She means a lot to you and you guys have been through a lot together," Baro said.

"Are you serious?!" Jinyoung said, a little too excited.

"Hyung.. Why are you so excited? I would have expected you to be confused or something.."

"Could it be.. Did you fall for her again at the hospital?!" Baro asked.

"Well.. something like that," Jinyoung said, smiling.