Chapter 23

Accustomed to Fame

Since then, you didn't visit the hospital at all. Now that you were finally taking care of the company, you've been busy all the time. Of course the boys knew, except for Jinyoung. He hadn't regained any of his memories yet, so he still thought you were a fan. Two weeks had passed, which meant Jinyoung had already gotten discharged from the hospital.

You called the boys. They put you on speaker and you spoke to them as one unit. "So, um, I know I haven't been talking to you guys recently and I'm really sorry but I've just been busy but I was wondering if you guys could hel-"

"Of course we'll help you Mi Hyun! We want him to regain his memories as much as you do. You don't know has miserable he was without you," Shinwoo said.

"Thanks, Shinwoo oppa," you said. You weren't as bubbly anymore and your voice was more mature. "So.. How should we start?"

"Well the doctor did say to start from the beginning right? So let's do that. You guys first met at your parents' house when we performed right?" Sandeul asked.

"Oh, well technically yes, but the first time he ever saw me was when I bumped into him at Serendipity."

"Seren.. Oh! That cafe right?" Baro said.

"Yeah that one. I'm actually here right now. How do we do it?" you asked.

"Noona, I don't think we should plan it out. I think we should just let it flow naturally so that way we can let hyung act on his own. So it won't seem so fake, you know?" Gongchan said.

"You're right.. So maybe you guys can just bring him here and see if he remembers the place at least?"

"We'll do that. Okay, we'll see you in a bit."

Just a few minutes later, you saw them out the window. You sat at the same spot you did years ago. Thankfully there weren't many customers, just as it had always been.

You sat there with your coffee and didn't face them. You let them just carry on with their conversations. You sat there for about twenty minutes until you got a call from work saying they needed you right away. You got up and started to quickly walk out. On the way, you bumped into none other than Jinyoung. You didn't even look up because you were jumbling in your purse for your car keys. Instead, you apologized and bowed, but never glanced at him in the process. You proceeded to exit but he called after you.

You didn't hear him because you were in such a hurry. He just looked down and began to walk back to his table. He suddenly felt a jolt of pain in his head. He held his head in pain as a memory came back to him.

Memory 1: First Encounter (Omniscient POV)

"Hold on guys, I need to go grab an extra drink for the manager, wait here," Jinyoung said.

"Okay but hurry up, we really have to practice a little before we perform at that birthday party," Shinwoo said and shooed him away.

Jinyoung walked to the counter and put in his order. He waited for a while, and the drink was ready. He politely thanked the barista and gave her a wink. Of course, the young lady fawned over him. Jinyoung grabbed the drink and smirked when he was no longer facing her. He was so used to the idol life. He casually walked back until a girl bumped into him. It was you. 

You looked up at him, slightly bowed, and apologized. You exited the store and he just stood there and stared at you. He was so surprised that you didn't recognize him.

"Jinyoung hyung, what are you doing just standing there? Let's go!" Sandeul called out.

"What? N-nothing It's just that this girl bumped into me and looked right at me but didn't even recognize me. Weird right?" said Jinyoung.

"What the heck, everyone knows us!" Baro chimed in. 

End of Memory

Jinyoung let go of his head and opened his eyes, to find the boys surrounding him with worried faces on.

"Hyung, are you okay?" said Baro and Gongchan simultaneously.

"Actually, yes. I'm completely fine now, but earlier my head hurt a lot and I saw this scenario of us at this same cafe, and that girl was in it too. It felt like I was having a vision or something."

"Oh really? What happened in the scenario?"

Jinyoung told them.

"Hyung.." Sandeul said.

They all shared the same sympathetic look.

"..What's up with the weird atmosphere? Is there something you guys need to tell me?"

They all sat down.

"Jinyoung.. We were waiting to tell you this because we didn't want to confuse you, but um.. You lost some of your memory after the accident," Shinwoo said, patting Jinyoung's shoulder.

"Huh? How is that even possible? I.. I remember everything about the tour and what happened before that."

"You don't remember everything, hyung.. What you saw just now wasn't a "vision," it was a memory. The doctor said that you'll regain all your memories but very slowly, so you have to be patient. And unfortunately, we can't tell you anything because it'll overwhelm your brain. You'll have to remember on your own. We'll help you, though, okay?" Gongchan said.

Jinyoung had a hard time grasping the situation. "So.. You guys will help me? But how?"

"The doctor just said to slowly take you back and show you anything that could trigger memories. He said to go in chronological order we took you here. This is first memory that you lost."

Jinyoung was still dumbfounded so he just nodded. Just a few minutes later after deep thought, he suddenly said "So where's my next memory?" He was determined to get all of his memories back right away.

"Hyung I don't know if we should, you looked like you were in so much pain earlier. I think that's enough for today," Sandeul said.

"Sandeul.. Please. I can't just stop here. I have to know what happened next, and why Lee Mi Hyun was in my memory.. You guys aren't going to tell me so please just let me find out on my own. All you have to do is take me there. Please.."

"Shinwoo hyung, you handle this," Sandeul whined.
 
"Okay, we'll take you there," Shinwoo said, to everyone's surprise.