Chapter 25

Accustomed to Fame

Jinyoung smiled at the thought of you and wondered if you were there. He told the guys that he would just explore the house some more to see if he could gain back anymore memories, but of course, that was an excuse to go look for you. He sneaked upstairs and opened countless doors. You were nowhere to be found. Just as he was about to give up, he heard some music. He heard ballads. He remembered, *oh yeah, she likes ballads*

You were, indeed, playing ballads as you looked through a box of your things.

Your door suddenly opened, startling you and making you drop the box. All of its contents were now scattered on the floor. You looked up to see Jinyoung with a guilty expression on his face.

"Ah.. Sorry, did I frighten you..?"

You couldn't bear to see him, especially after looking through that box. You felt like crying. It was your fault that he was like this now.

"N-no, it's okay, I just.." you said, trailing off, while you picked up all the things that fell, in an attempt for him not to see any of it.

"Oh, let me help you with that," he said sweetly.

"NO! I can do it, so just please, leave me alone now," you shouted. Unknowingly, you started crying.

Jinyoung reached out to wipe the tears off your face, but you shoved his hand away. 

"J-jinyoung, what are you doing right now?" you said.

"Well I was going to.." he began, but his voice trailed away after he saw what was on the ground. Countless pictures of you and him, gifts he gave you, movie tickets of movies you went to together, pressed flowers you received from him, and so much more.

You tried to gather them all and take it away from his sight, but it was too late. He had already seen most of them. He picked up pictures and looked at them, and smiled. He was just about to say something, but then his smile faded and he lost consciousness. He fell to the ground, and you started to panic. 

You called 119 and had an ambulance come. Within minutes, they picked him up, and you went into the ambulance with him. The others immediately followed in their cars. He was rushed to the emergency room, and a little while later, you were informed that he had to go through another operation, but very minor. Even so, you were overwhelmingly worried. As usual, the guys told you not to worry, and that everything would be fine. Of course, they were right. Jinyoung's surgery was successful and he was now recovering. 

You waited for some while for him to wake up. In that time, the boys told you all about what had happened with Jinyoung. You were glad to know that he was starting to remember you. He wasn't in a coma, but just sleeping. It was night time after all, and they had been working very hard lately for their new comeback. After realizing this, you decided to just sleep there, since the boys were going to as well. You woke up to Jinyoung shaking you all up and asking you to come outside with him because he had a weird dream and he needed fresh air. You did as he said. You went to the rooftop and he suddenly hugged you.

"Please listen. I know you're mad at me for assuming that you and Mir were dating, but I just had this weird dream that I lost my memory of you and it really freaked me out because I want you to always be in my life and I just.." he said while holding onto your shoulders. Then he hugged you again.

Your were shocked by everything he was saying.

"J-jinyoung.."

"Just please let hug you.. I've missed you so much. Sorry for not trusting you."

"Y-you remember now?!"

"Remember what?"

"Jinyoung, that wasn't a dream, you really lost your memory.. Tell me right now, who am I and your last memory of us."

"What? Why are you asking me stuff like that? You know I know you.. What's going on?"

"Just answer my questions!"

"Whoa, okay. Well you're Lee Mi Hyun, the love of my life. And the last time we spoke was when I accused you of dating Mir. You barged out of the hospital and I ran after you, and I guess that's why I'm here now. But did I really lose my memory of you..?"

"Yeah, you did."

"I-I'm so sorry.."

"What are you sorry for? I'm the reason why you ended up like that."

"I don't care about that. All I care about now is that I have you."

"Yeah, yeah. Save all of that for later, let's go back in. The boys might already be awake and super worried.

"Okay, but watch this sunset with me first."

And so you did.

"Ah, so pretty," he said.

"It sure is," you responded, while looking out into the horizon.

"I meant you," he said.

You blushed but smacked him on the arm. "Hey, we're not young anymore. Stop being so cheesy."

"Oh come on, you know you like it," he said.

"Whatever, let's go back. Now."

He pointed to his cheek as an ultimatum for going back in. 

You gave him the "are-you-serious?" look.

He continued to do it, so you just gave in. You leaned in to kiss his cheek. Jinyoung being the trickster that he is, turned, cupped your face, and kissed you.

You were blushing. "Hey..."

Jinyoung just laughed and took your hand. You guys walked back to his room.

When you guys got there, you were hand in hand, laughing. You both stopped laughing after you realized five pairs of eyes were staring at you. 

"Hyo Jin, you're here already?" you asked, to break the silence.

"Oh, yeah, but you guys..?"

"Good news, Jinyoung's regained his memory!" you said with a cheeky smile.

"Whaaaat?" they all said, shocked.

"It's true," Jinyoung said. "I don't even know how, but I'm very happy about it. And now we won't have to hide because we can date now," Jinyoung said, with a proud smile.

"R-really..?" you said, almost tearing up.

"It's true. We did a contract renewal last month and that was one of the amendments," he said to you.

"Jinyoung.." you said, and hugged him, crying tears of joy.