Smile Baby (Mint)

The Empty Garden

Author's Note;
I decided to change the font, and sorry for the late and short update. I'm trying to manage a lot of stories, which is my fault. TT TT
And I'd like to thank my close friend for the poster. It's really nice. :)


January 26, 2009

                        The day at the bakery went by smoothly, Hyun Ae kept a close eye on me to see if I made any mistakes; it seemed she was a perfectionist. People would occasionally call out for her, making her leave my side and talk to the customers. The usual customers would be middle-aged couples, children, families and some grandfathers and grandmothers. The aunties would cooed over her, complimenting on how well she grew up. How I knew they were talking about that? Easy, I'd pause in the middle of work here and there, and focus on listening to them. But, I couldn't help but notice how Kyong Jun would narrow his eyes at me when ever Hyun Ae returned to my side and when she'd go outside, he'd gaze at her with a smile upon his face.

                        It was then I realized that, Kyong Jun liked Hyun Ae. Why didn't I notice it before? At that thought, I felt a sudden pang in my heart. What is going on with me? It's just a small crush....Right?

"Eunhyuk-ssi, Eunhyuk-ssi--" Hyun Ae called out to me, waving her hand in front of my face as she pouted at me. 

"A-ah, neh? Sorry, I was thinking." I said, blinking as I snapped out of my thoughts. Hyun Ae shook her head with a small smile, going back to her work beside me. I glanced at Kyong Jun from the corner of my eye, and to my guess, he was staring intently at the two of us; as if he was observing us. 

"Hm, customers are pretty slow now. Do you want to head home?" Hyun Ae said, her eyes still focused on her work. I looked at the clock hung up on the wall to my right, it was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon. 


                        "Sure, are you going to head home as well?" I asked her as I finished up cleaning what I was doing earlier. I wanted her to head home with me for two reasons, the first, I honestly didn't know how to get back and the second, I wasn't comfortable with the idea of leaving Hyun Ae here with Kyong Jun. 

                       "E-eh? Oh, right. You don't know how to get back, well, looks like I am." She said with a laugh, taking off her apron as she announced that she'd be leaving with me, telling Kyong Jun that he'd be in charge. I inwardly smirked at his reaction, his fist clenched at his side as I took off my apron as well, following Hyun Ae out the door. The few customers here, bidding her farewell.

                        The walk back was silent, as no one knew what to say but both were comfortable in the silence. I peeked at her, she was staring at everything with a sort of twinkle in her eye, when ever her eyes landed on a tree or plant, a warm smile found it's way onto her face. My hand reached out for hers, as I softly enterwined my right hand with her left. Before she could ask, I turned my head the other way as I whistled a random tune; to avoid her asking me anything. 

This silence, was just comforting. Her hands were warm despite the cool autumn breeze, signalling that winter was soon to come. 

It felt like a picture perfect scene...

 

 

 

Mint symbolizes suspicion...