Start Of A Friendship (Pear Blossom)

The Empty Garden

January 26, 2009

           When Hyun Ae finished fixing up my scratches, we sat their by the river in silence. She then gasped a bit before offering her earplug to me, which I took hesitantly. She was playing a soft ballad, it was then I noticed how surreal everything felt...

It was if we were in some scene in a movie, her music played softly as the wind blew pear blossoms around; some landing on the water, following the currents of the water. Click. I heard as I turned to Hyun Ae confused, she was holding up a polaroid camera with a red face.

"A-ah! M-mian, I j-just thought that y-you looked very handsome," Hyun Ae stuttered shyly, mumbling the last word quietly but unfortunately for her, I heard her. I chuckled, patting her on the head with a smile.

"It's okay," She nodded, as we picked up our stuff. She invited me to come with her to her bakery, I decided to come with her, since I did come out because of her and I as curious as to how she works. Fine, I do want to see how she'll look as a baker...

              We walked at a normal pace so the earplugs wouldn't fall out of one's ears in case one of us walked faster. I ended up carrying her bag because I felt that it wasn't right that she'd carry one when I'm a guy, hard to explain. Finally, we arrived at some small town where everyone greeted us with bright smiles which Hyun Ae returned happily, and me nonchalantly. Stopping in front of Hyun Ae's bakery, she unlocked it as she headed in first, I stood outside for a while letting my eyes explore the small bakery with interest. It was small but still big enough, it had a cream colored scheme with a home sort of feel. I entered the bakery with small steps, my eyes sweeping across the place, comfy couches situated at the ends with chairs and tables placed neatly around, pictures of different food aroudn the walls, there was even a little bulletin board where people had put their photos and little notes and lastly, there was Hyun Ae who came out of the changing room... She looked absolutely adorable. I shifted my head to look at the bulletin board, to hide the visible blush that was on my cheeks. 

"Eunhyuk-ssi? Gwenchana?" Hyun Ae asked me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded covering my face with my hand, as I mumbled that I was fine. She then headed to her work, her hand leaving my shoulder; though I still had that lingering feeling of it...

    Soon enough, Kyong Jun came with a few other workers, as they both greeted me which I returned. Customers came pouring in as soon as they opened, seeing as they seemed to be troubled I offered to help Hyun Ae out which she accepted gratefully. I don't know why I offered to help out, when I never experienced this but luckily, Hyun Ae was able to guide me through the things and they only gave me the small yet simple things to do.

     Here and there, I'd glance at Hyun Ae from beside her as she focused on her work with concentration. I found it cute when she had flour stuck on her nose. Time went by slowly and tiredly as it reach lunched time, finally it was time for a break! We all sat at one of the tables, I was having a good time since everyone was joking and fooling around as we ate lunch.

    I went into the kitchen to look for some water, then suddenly I was handed a glass by Hyun Ae; I thanked her as I drank it. "Mianhe," She said softly. I blinked in confusion, placing the glass gently on the counter.

Oh! She meant for me helping her out. "Aigoo~ No need to apologize! I did volunteer." I said winking playfully at her, she blushed, laughing to hide it.

"A-ah, t-then thanks!" Hyun Ae said laughing softly; we talked a bit before getting back to work. Though it was a bit different now, as we worked we would put flour on each other's faces or shove one another playfully; the kitchen was full of laughs.

 

Though, I could feel pair of eyes glaring at me from behind...

 

 

Plum blossom symbolizes lasting friendship. . . . .