The mistake;

{ ✞ } Delusional screams.
The mistake;

Loud thumps attacked his ears every now and then, achieving what had seemed impossible to do before - they made his head hurt even more. Bang after bang, he felt his body tremble in pure fear that shoot through him in waves, capturing his body in a trap he couldn't escape. He couldn't even breathe right, there was this strange lump in his throat that stopped the air from actually reaching his lungs and made his vision go blurry, it felt as if he'd pass out right there and then but his tortures didn't want to end just yet, his escape would've been too easy. His heart was beating fast, so fast it became painful and made him clutch his chest as a loud groan full of torment fell from his lips, all he coud think of at that moment was how he could escape this hell he had managed to pull upon him. 

This wasn't what he had wanted, it was nothing like it at all. Of course the way he had acted was wrong and he knew it, he knew it right after the poisonous words left his mouth and made him regret his actions but yet he didn't know what to say or do to make it better. He wasn't even quite sure if he wanted to make it better. His life had completely fallen apart in just a few days and he couldn't do anything but just watching it happen, clueless of what he should do to stop it. And there he was now, bathing in his self pity, still clueless, helpless, vulnerable. 

And suddenly he felt anger boiling in the bottom of his stomache, slowly but steadily creeping to take over every single part of his body, catching him in yet another trap. That was the moment he realized he had to do something, he had to break out, he had to escape. A random moment of clearness it was, or so he thought, that abled an idea to pop into his mind and he followed the instructions of that 'moment of clearness' without doubting its reliability even once. It seemed a right thing to do, it seemed like the only logical action at that moment but what didn't really go through his mind was that there was nothing logical about his situation so there wasn't any logical ways out either, that was something that occurred to him when it was already too late. 

Small, shaky steps took him back to his bedroom and lead him to the small nightstand that was placed right next to his bed. He fell to kneel in front of the piece of furniture as soon as he reached his target and trembling hands rose to pull open one of the drawers, soon frantically rummaging through it and grasping some items every once in a while just to throw them behind his back, knowing it'd make it easier to examine the contents of the drawer. It didn't take him too long to find what he was searching for and soon enough he was already on his feet, not bothering to clean up the mess he had caused because he knew it was impossible for it to start bothering him anyway. 

It left Hyuna with no options but to follow the male who didn't really seem to be thinking straight, she knew well enough she couldn't stop him from doing anything stupid but she couldn't just stand still either and so she rushed her way to the bathroom right after Hyunseung and stared in awe at the male who was playing with the lid of a small white tub in his hands, flicking it open. She watched as he tilted the tub just enough so that the pills were about to fall into his hand and if she could have she would've gasped in shock before screaming on top of her lungs, begging him to stop. But it seemed she didn't even have to do that because Hyunseung stopped, took a deep breathe and gazed into the mirror for a while before setting the tiny container to rest on a shelf right under the mirror. That was where she would've sighed in relief and a happy smile would've spread over her lips and of course she would've been hugging Hyunseung soon after, mumbling how much he means to her and how he should never even think of trying to do something that stupid again but unfortunately there was no way she could do any of that.

And so she just had to be there and watch how the male washed his face which she thought was a rather odd thing to do. But Hyunseung on the other hand found it completely natural, he felt refreshed and relaxed which was exactly what he needed at that moment and after taking another deep breathe he grabbed the tub once again, this time pouring all of the pills in it right into his mouth before grabbing an empty glass from that same shelf, filling it with water and gulping some of it to help the medicine slide down his throat. Suddenly it seemed like the time stopped for both of them, the few seconds that came after felt like minutes, maybe even hours. To Hyuna they were torture, she wanted to scream and rush to the love of her life, she wanted to do something, she had to save him. But she couldn't. But Hyunseung thought they were some of the most peaceful moments of his life, he felt free, he felt happy because he knew he wouldn't have to suffer anymore. And with a loud thump he collapsed onto the floor, leaving Hyuna stare in awe at the lifeless body lying on the floor.