Chapter 41

Third Time Lucky? [EDITING]

Niya and Mandy met up with Ga Eul and Jan Di outside Shinhwa High School. On Niya’s request, Mandy Jan Di and Ga Eul were taking her on the Jun Pyo and Jan Di tour. They first went to Shinhwa high, then to Jan Di’s house, then to the Gu Mansion. They continued on towards Namsan Tower, the skating ring, F4 lounge and other areas of importance in the love story. The girls then grabbed a late lunch at an Italian restaurant and Niya requested that they move onto the places of Ga Eul and Yi Jung’s story.

 

“Unnie, there is not much to see” Ga Eul blushed and said to Niya

“Please, Ga Eul take me on that tour; your stories are just like the ones in movies. I’m feeling like I’m getting an exclusive tour of the studio” Niya insisted.

“Ok” Ga Eul said and led them to the porridge shop.

 

“This is where I and Yi Jung first met.” Ga Eul said as they entered the shop

“Oh, I should’ve known; we could’ve grabbed lunch here” Mandy said

“Well, there is only the porridge shop; Yi Jung’s workshop and that club we went to, to make Soo Pyo jealous. Others are New Caledonia and Jeju Island; I doubt we can go there today.” Ga Eul said

“Then shall we go to that club, to end the evening?” Mandy suggested

“You don’t drink” Niya stated

“Yeah, but I dance; come on, it’ll be fun” Mandy insisted

“But unnie, we are not dressed to party” Jan Di said referring to her clothes.

“No worries, we’ll go shopping first then” Mandy said and they all took a cab towards the luxury mall Mandy liked going to.

 

Mandy forcefully got the three girls into dresses and next they went to the nearest salon to get their hair done. After a touch of makeup, the girls were ready and got into another cab with 8 men following them in 4 cars.

“Why are there 4 cars?” Niya asked as she looked through the back window.

“Bhai must’ve put 2 men on you too” Mandy said

“Who the hell does he think he is?” Niya murmured

“Don’t worry, he does that to everybody” Mandy said

 

By the time they reached the club, the sun had set and it was starting to get dark.

They entered the club and settled into a booth. The four girls or the G4 as they had named themselves during the day, were the prettiest group in the club. Many guys tried to approach them, with offers of drinks, for a dance, but they refused them all. The G4 then moved to the dance floor and the four girls owned the stage. After a little while Niya went to the bar to get a drink. Mandy, Jan Di and Ga Eul kept on dancing. The floor area was filled with artificial fog and the dim lights gave them the much needed anonymity.

 

The girls were dancing in a closed circle, facing each other. Jan Di was also moving out of her inhibitions when suddenly a tall figure stood behind her and grabbed her from the waist. In not more than a second, Jan Di had decked the guy by bending down forward and pulling the guy’s feet. This made him fall back on his back and knocked the air out of him. He gave out a frustrated sound as he hit the floor and that made the girls stop and look at his face closely.

 

Turns out Jan Di had decked her husband.

“Yah! Guem Jan Di, is this the way to treat your husband?” Jun Pyo shouted as he stood up, taking Yi Jung’s and Ji Hoo’s support.

“Yah! What are you doing here?” Jan Di shouted back as they started moving towards a booth

“Aish! She has such a loving husband but shouts at him and attacks him” Jun Pyo said as he settled down on the seat.

“Jugnu, this was supposed to be girls’ day, what are you doing here?” Mandy asked. And no, that is not a spelling mistake, she did call him Jugnu. Like all others, Mandy had given the Shinhwa heir a nickname too; it means firefly in Hindi (Because he keeps buzzing about everywhere and his brain light goes on and off like a firefly; he doesn’t know the meaning though)

“I was missing my woman, is there a problem with that?” he asked

“No, but I guess you might have a problem now, your back is going to hurt for at least two days” Mandy stated

“How do you know?” Ji Hoo said

“I taught Jan Di and Ga Eul that maneuver, I know what effect it would have on the recipient” Mandy stated

“Then I guess I should be grateful that I didn’t hug Ga Eul from behind” Yi Jung smirked

“I would’ve known it was you” Ga Eul said and blushed as she said it.

“So I’m guessing your excuse is also the same, that you were missing your ‘woman’.” Mandy said to Yi Jung

He nodded

 

“So what’s your excuse?” she said looking at Ji Hoo

“I decided to join them” he said shrugging

“Didn’t Bhai want to come too?” Mandy asked

“Woo Bin was here only with us” Ji Hoo said scouring the whole premises “But I can’t see him now” but then he pointed out someone at the bar “There he is, at the bar, talking to someone”

“He’s talking to Niya” Mandy said “And where is she going now?” Mandy said as she saw Niya stand up from her place and go towards the restrooms, but saw her tumble a little. Mandy was about to go help her friend when she saw that Woo Bin ran to help her, so she settled down in her spot again.

 

Others had been busy chatting but Ji Hoo had also observed the Woo Bin – Niya dynamics and knew that there was some story there, but didn’t voice his thoughts yet.

 

“But why did you guys decide to come here of all places?” Yi Jung asked “There are so many better clubs around the city”

“Yeah but this place has a special meaning. It’s a part of the Ga Eul – Yi Jung story” Mandy said

“Huh?” the guys looked at her with confusion and she explained Niya’s wish and the tour they had been on.

“And as this was the only option left, because the other was your workshop” Mandy said gesturing to Yi Jung “so we decided to end the day here”

 

“But where is the birthday girl?” Yi Jung asked.

“I saw her going to the restrooms, but that was 10 minutes ago. I should go check” Mandy said and got up from her seat

“And where is Woo Bin sunbae?” Ga Eul said

“I’ll go look for him; he is probably with some girl” Ji Hoo said and everyone laughed lightly.

 

“They went towards the roof” Ji Hoo said to Mandy when they were a little away from the table

“Together?” Mandy asked

“No, I think Woo Bin followed her, to help her I guess; she was tumbling a little bit” Ji Hoo said

When they were about to open the roof door, someone opened the door from another side and there stood Woo Bin, with Niya passed out in his arms.

“What happened to her?” Mandy said as she checked her best friend’s pulse.

“I think the martinis got to her” Woo Bin chuckled nervously

“This is so unlike her, she can hold her liquor so good; I can’t imagine she passed out” Mandy said in an unbelieving tone

“Maybe the continuous exhaustion from the past few days finally got to her” Ji Hoo suggested

“Probably” Mandy said “Bhai, can you carry her like this to your car, and drop her to my apartment?”

“Sure” Woo Bin said

“Ok, then Ji Hoo drop me off too” Mandy said and led them back towards the booth

 

“What happened to unnie?” Jan Di asked as they reached the booth

“I think she passed out from the drinks” Mandy said “Sorry guys, we’re gonna go now; but you guys enjoy” Mandy said

“Will she be okay?” Ga Eul asked

“Yeah, she’ll just have a headache tomorrow, that’s all” Mandy said and everyone said their farewells

 

Woo Bin strapped Niya into the seat and drove off towards Mandy’s apartment.