♣JENDAY

★Heartbreak Shop★| Busy |
Please log in to read the full chapter

story review

 

Title: 

To be honest your title reminds me of a movie called Wedding Crashers which had been released some time ago. I don’t know if you’ve heard of it or not but when I read your title, that movie instantly came to mind. The title doesn’t catch my eye right away though. I also think that for a chaptered story it seems a bit unfitting in my opinion. It makes me question the plot. I honestly asked myself if the main characters were just going to keep crashing parties in every chapter or something. Because in the movies and books where I’ve read about people crashing parties, it’s usually a one-time deal. So I would have pictured this as more of a one shot, or no more than ten chapters long. You have to remember that your title has to reflect your entire story. It ties everything together. It’s the ribbon that holds everything in place.

Foreword & Description:  

You said your story is supposed to be centered on Jimin but how come Taehyung is the only one mentioned in the description? It’s kind of misleading. If I hadn’t read your author’s note at the end of chapter one, I would have thought that Taehyung was the protagonist, even if he has a huge role in the story. Other than that there wasn’t much for me to go on. However, the one sentence you did include about Taehyung wanting to be called a BAMF was a nice touch. I felt like it gives readers a clear and straightforward idea of what the story is going to be about without revealing too much at the same time. Why am I thinking of American Pie right now? Haha, don’t mind me.

Creativity & Originality: 

This story sounds like it’d be a funky, fun slice of life, American teen movie. Like Super Bad, Project X and so on. It isn’t original but nowadays original is hard to find.

Plot:

This was meant to be a story filled with a lot comedy and I will admit that I did find some parts very hilarious. Typical nerds trying to have the time of their lives and break free from their shells. This is a story meant to show one perspective of what high school life could be like and it’s a nice portrayal. But like I mentioned earlier, I don’t know if the title really corresponds with the idea you’re trying to deliver. I see that they do talk a lot about the big graduation party held every year but that part won’t happen for a while since they just started school and graduation parties are usually held at the end of the school year, sometimes even after. You did mention it being in June which was ten months away. Ten months is a really long time, especially because the party is supposed to be a vital part of the story.

Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation:  

There were a few mistakes hanging around and I will point out a few that sounded a bit peculiar to me.

Yours: “… but of the few that has yet to let him down is h

Please log in to read the full chapter