The Treasure-Like Friend

It's You

 

The band Eight just finished their last song. It was undeniable that because of them, Music and Lounge became popular and attracted customers, twice  more than it was before. All the changes brought happiness to no other than the owner himself, So Jisub who were grinning from ear to ear as more customers step in every night.

The audiences were clapping their hands while some were asking for more songs. After bowing, the members one by one stepped down the stage.

"Ya! The customers are requesting for more songs!" So Jisub said as he swing his arms around Leeteuk and Donghae's neck.

"Hyung, if we sing another song we might lose our voices!" Lee Eunhyuk said. 

Jisub playfully smacked his head. "Ya babo! You're not the singer. Don't make unnecessary comments!"

The group laughed and chatted happily. Yeonseo came carrying a cup of hot water and handed it to Leeteuk.

"Hyungnim, here's your hot water." She smiled timidly.

"Gomawo, maknae." He stressed the word maknae for Eunhyuk to hear. He carefully sipped and smiled shyly at the blushing Yeonseo.

"Ya Lee Donghae." Eunhyuk pulled Donghae beside him. "You said they broke up."

"Who?" Donghae said as Eunhyuk pointed the couple at the bar counter. "Y-yeah! I saw her punched that guy in the stomach. Hyung was there too! So perhaps they got back together?"

Leeteuk almost chocked from the water he just drank when he saw the couple Eunhyuk and Donghae were talking about.

It's Sora and the Lee Minho-sshi guy! Leeteuk saw the anger in her eyes, the same eyes he saw last night when he hit the guy.

"Omo!" he said as he remembered what Sora said to him about this guy - that he's the son of the number one lawyer in Seoul and because of that, hitting him is worst than hitting a gangster or a loan shark. Leeteuk slapped his forehead while digging up in his mind what to do.

"Aissh!" He muttered. He slowly put down the cup on the nearby table. "I'll go ahead guys. See you tomorrow. Nice jamming by the way!" Leeteuk said and rushed to the bar. The group was left in confusion, their jaws dropped.

 

SORA'S POV
 

I couldn't believe that I will see this freak show here... And how dare he call my name with his filthy lying mouth!

"Sora-ya!" I felt someone put an arm around my shoulder. When I looked back, I saw him! My savior, oh I mean... Leeteuk-sshi! "Did you wait long? Mianhe." He said in his soft, manly voice. 

"A-ani. I just came." I told him. He stared deep in my eyes and from that moment, I realized that he came to help me. Well, his eyes tells it all.

"Really? That's good." He answered then he turned to Minho. "Who is he? Is he your friend? Wait... Oh, it's you! The guy last night. Is he bothering you, Sora-ya?"

Wow. This Leeteuk-sshi is a good actor! He should get an award because he's so convincing.

"Ani. He's a friend." I said.

"Really? Anyway, my name's Park Leeteuk and I like Sora. We're seeing each other." 

In your face, Lee Minho! I wanted so much to shout at him.

I saw Minho's expression. He was just staring at Leeteuk-sshi's face. He was shocked. Minho can't believe that he was replaced overnight. He faked a smile before grabbing Leeteuk's hand for a handshake. 

"I'm Lee Minho, Sora's ex boyfriend."

That's non-sense! I glared at him before putting my arm around Leeteuk-sshi's arm. Actually, I embraced his arm.

"Let's go, Teukie Oppa." I said in my cutest voice. He looked at me and I noticed that he's blushing! Omo. I made him blushed!

"Arasso." He smiled at me sweetly before turning to the bar tender. "Hyung, I'll take mine and Sora's bag, please."

He put on his back pack while he carried my handbag. His free hand grabbed my other hand. I felt his warmth through his hand. I would lie if I will say that I didn't like it. 

"See you around, Lee Minho-sshi." Leeteuk-sshi said and pulled me out of the restaurant-bar.

 


LEETEUK'S POV.
 

Things happened fast. I was surprised at myself when I told her ex boyfriend that were dating... But I was surprised at myself more when I took and held her hand as we stepped out of the restaurant. 

We had walked about 2 blocks away from 'Music and Lounge.' Her ex boyfriend's out of our sight, but here we are, holding hands, fingers intertwined and feeling the warmth of each other.

"Where are you heading to?" I asked her but no reply from her. "Are you going home?" Still, no answer.

I looked at her face and saw her blank expression. Maybe she was still thinking about what happened earlier. 

"Are you ok?" I asked her for the 3rd time. Because she didn't answer me back again, I squeezed her hand. 

"Oh!" I heard her whispered as she looked at me. "Gomawo Leeteuk-sshi and Mianhe." She bowed her head.

"For what?" 

"For dragging you in this drama." She said and looked away. "And for using you. You know, the dating thing from earlier."

"Ani. It's me who should be sorry. I lied and told him that we're dating." I told her. 

But she shook her head and smiled at me, revealing her perfect teeth. "I thank you for that. Did you see his face? That's priceless!"

She laughed hard. Well, she seems... Proud?

"By the way, here. Take this." She pulled my hand as she's trying to put some bills in it.

"No. I'm not going to take that." Though I wanted to hold her hand more, I pulled mine. 

"It's for my soju, boarding and taxi fare." She enumerated as she counted on her fingers. "If you don't accept it then I'll be forever indebted to you. You don't like it, right?"

"I like it that way!" I joked. She pouted her lips. She's so cute!

"Take it, please." She said with her puppy eyes.

Can I take you home instead?, I wanted to tell her.

"How about you buy me dinner?" I suggested since I know that she won't stop until I accepted her money... And before I say anything that will make me look ert. "I'm so darn hungry."

"Sure! What do you want to eat?" She asked excitedly.

"How about ramen?"

"Ramen is the best!" She said and grabbed me by the arm. She looks like an elementary school girl when she's excited and happy. An image far from what she had last night. "Do you know where to get ramen at this hour?"

"I know a place but we need to take a bus."

"No prob! Ramen here we go!"

We waited in the bus stop. Her 'elementary school girl' image was gone and she's back to being quiet and mysterious again. I wanted to hug and comfort her but all I can do is stare at her.

"Sora-sshi." 

"N-ne?" She looked at me. Despite her sweet smile, I can see her sad eyes.

"I think you need to drink soju rather than eat ramen." I jokingly said. I think she needs it that bad. I was surprised when she pushed me playfully.

"Aniya! No more crazy nights for me. I tried it because that's what broken hearted people do in dramas." Suddenly, I saw a red flush creeping in her cheeks.

"But why are you blushing?" 

She moved closer to me and whispered in my ear. "You didn't looked at what I am hiding under this clothes, right?"

My cheeks started to burn up. "O-of course not! I will never take advantage of a drunk girl! Never!"

She laughed but later turned to her 'deep' self again. I know something's bothering her. It looks like she's in deep thoughts.

I grabbed Sora's wrist and pulled her. 

"Wae?"

"Let's stop by somewhere first before eating ramen."

She followed diligently but stopped when she noticed where were going.

"Back at the Music and Lounge?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Ne. But not inside." I pulled her at the back entrance. It's the way to the roof top.

"Why are we going there?" She asked hesitantly. "What if someone came or what if they locked us?"

"Don't worry. I have the key. Jisub hyung entrusts it to me." I assured her. "And no one will come."

She followed afterwards. The cold wind hugged us as we reached the roof top. 

"It's beautiful!" Sora said when she saw the overlooking view of the city. The sky was dark but the lights from the nearby buildings and cars shines like a star.

"Yes, beautiful." I closed my eyes and shook my head when I realized that I was pertaining to Sora about this beautiful thing. "From here, you can say anything and no one, well aside from me, will know."

She looked at me intently while listening.

"Like this." I positioned myself, facing the overlooking view. "Appa! How could you leave us like this? Especially me! You said I'm your favorite! I just hope your happy wherever you are right now!"

I felt her stare while I was shouting my complains.

"Ya. You overdo it. You can't just shout just because you want to. You're a singer, remember." 

My heart jumped in joy because she cares for me. "Your turn."

"M-my turn?"

"Yes. Shout it all out. You'll feel better. I promised."

I saw her closed her eyes and released a deep sighed. 

"Ya you Minho jerk!" She started. "How could you break my heart like this? How can you throw our memories just like that? Do you know that I'm my parents precious daughter?  But that's ok. Because since last night, I decided to forget you and move on. You know why? Because you don't deserve me! I deserved someone better! Someone who will look only at me and will not hurt me!"

Even though it's dark, I saw tears fell from her eyes.

"Still I am thankful that I didn't end up with you. You, cheater! Take care of my best friend and don't hurt her like you did to me!"

I patted her back. I smiled at her and let her go on.

"Ya Kang Sora!" She yelled. "Don't be stupid. Let's forget everything soon. Be brave and hold on! As long as we have each other, there's no mountain that we can't climb."

She started to sob. I pulled her closer and tapped her back again. "Good job, Sora-sshi. Good job."

"You know, this may sound cliche but soon all the pains will be gone away. Nothing is impossible with time, only time. One day, you will look back and laughed at how stupid you were when you're young."

"Ya! How did you know?" She asked.

"I-I've been there." I saw her eyes grew bigger. "Well, not exactly the same. I lost my appa few years ago."

She put her hands to cover . "I'm really sorry. I didn't know. Are you ok?"

"Not literally ok, but I'm getting better." I smiled.

"I didn't know. I'm so sorry for being selfish. You were hurting too and here I am bothering you with my dramas."

"Ya. I said I'm ok. That's years ago."

"You're so brave." She smiled at me and I thought I'm going to melt.

"I know you are too." She nodded her head while smiling.

"My name's Sora, Kang Sora."

I took her hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you, Kang Sora-sshi. I'm Park Leeteuk."

"Nice to meet you too." She said. "H-how old are you? Oh no, don't answer that. Friends don't ask those kinds of questions."

Friends.

"Actually, I'm old enough for you to call me Oppa." 

"I don't want to." She said and stuck her tongue out. 

"Ya! You call Jisub Hyung oppa!" I protested. "Fine. Let's just be informal to each other."

"Arasseo!" She put her hands in her brows and salute at me. Now, she's being the elementary girl again.

"Sora-ya!" I called her name. 

"Ne, Teukie-ah?" She said cutely I thought I'm going to explode.

"Buy me ramen please." I said while pouting my lower lips.

"Aigoo." She whispered and pinched my cheeks. "You're lucky you're cute, or else I will let you starve." 

She... Finds.. Me... Cute? Daebak!

"Ya! What did you say?!" I pretended I was angry and chased her down to the stairs.

"Teuki-ah! Stop!" She couldn't stop laughing.

 


SORA'S POV

 

After shouting my rants at that building, I felt relieved... And my chest became lighter. Thanks to this guy beside me. I looked at him and there he was, smiling back at me. My heart started to flutter and because of that I immediately looked away. 

We reached the bus stop when I felt the striking pain in my head. What a terrible headache! I thought for a second that my head's going to break. I slowly massage me temples.

"Is your head hurting?" Teukie asked.

"A little. But I'm ok." 

"Is that so?" He looked around and looked back at me. "Wait for me here."

"Ya! Wait! Where are you going? The bus!"

 Aissh. Chincha! There's no use. He already ran away. I sat down and leaned my head on the wall. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, Teukie was there holding a small paper bag and a water. He handed them to me.

"What are these?" I asked. I peeked at the bag and saw packs of biscuits, a bowl of instant noodles, an energy drink and a box of paracetamol. So he ran to a convenience store to buy me these. "Teukie-ah, gomawo. But you don't have to. I'm indebted to you once more."

He shook his head. "You're not. Let's not eat ramen today. Buy me something fancier. But for now, you better go home and rest. I bet you feel really sticky since you're wearing that dress for almost 48 hours."

"Ya!" I shouted at him but he's right. "Gomawo. You're the best."

"I know." He said and called a taxi.

In no time, I was sitting in the passenger seat. I smiled at him and bid him goodbye. He waved at me too. 

I may lost two of my friends but I gained this 'treasure-like' friend who takes care of me really well.

 

LEETEUK'S POV

 

I was waving at her as the taxi moves. Oh darn! I should have take her home! And I forgot to ask her number! When will I see her again?! Crap, this is crazy!


---
Anyeong chingus! Hehe. :) thank you again for reading! Thanks for the new and loyal subscribers. And lastly, thank you so much for the votes. ;)

Hope you enjoy reading this chap. :)