Her Story.

It's You

Sora's POV.

The restaurant 'Music and Lounge' had been very memorable to me and my Oppa Lee Minho. Just because this is where he popped the question and I gave the answer. From that day, about two years ago, we decided to eat and hang out there every day. It's a must for both of us to go there everyday so we find time in our busy university schedules.

Minho Oppa is my childhood friend... And first love. I had a little something for him before but since many girls were crushing on him, I told myself that I'll be his friend. But a miracle came and all of a sudden, he asked me if I can be his girl. With a happy thumping heart, I accepted him. He knows everything about me. From my favorite foods to how my parents pressures me. He understands me because he's going through the same way. 

We were attending the same university, Korean University College of Law. Yes, he's taking up law since it's what his dad wants and because they came from the family of lawyers. Though I wanted to become an artist, I took Political Science because of my parents. My appa is an assemblyman. He wanted to become a Prime Minister and told me that he'll be needing my help that's why he send me here. Auuggh. But the thing is, it's suffocating. The only thing that makes me feel free is those times that we hang out in 'Music and Lounge.'

That night, Oppa and I were excited because Jisub-Oppa, the manager, texted my Oppa that there's new band and they're very good. BTW, we got to know Jisub-Oppa because we're his 'very' regular customers. He seems snob, but he's nice once you get to know him.

"Welcome customer! Oh, you're here again!" The waiter said when he saw our faces. I smiled politely at him. I noticed that the new band had started. But at the left corner near the stage, I saw someone looking at me. He's really good looking and I unconsciously smiled at him. With the realization of what I just did, I blushed. Myyy. Thankfully, Minho Oppa was behind me and didn't see me blushed. We took our seats as the band started to sing. So the guy I unconsciously smiled at plays the guitar and he sings too. He has this soothing voice that makes me want to close my eyes and relax... Wait, am I having a crush on him? N-no, of course. 

"The new band is a lot better than the other one." I heard Minho Oppa said. I looked at him as the waiter who took our order walked away. "Are you having fun?"

"Ne, Oppa." I reached for his hand and squeezed it. He smiled at me gently. 

After the band's songs, we left the place. I enjoyed this night since I love their song choices. I am so sure that we became their fan that night. Another reason was added to my list! (List of why we should go to 'Music and Lounge' everyday)

 


"Sora-ya, another remedial class came up. Go to the place first and wait for me there. Take care."

I sighed heavily. It's been a month since he became very busy in Law School. So busy that he can't pick me up in my department and go with me to the 'Music and Lounge.' But he keeps his promise by going to the place after his classes. He'll eat the food I ordered and after that, he'll take me home. I actually miss talking to him but what can I do? He will graduate soon so he's extra busy these days.

I decided to become a good girlfriend that day. He will attend his classes from 8-5pm so I bought him foods. I was heading to his classroom carrying the lunch boxes. I stopped and peeked through the door. I was surprised to see that there's only few students in the room. Maybe the prof was absent but still I have to look for Oppa. My eyes spotted my best friend and Oppa's blockmate, Park Shinhye. She was writing something in the white board.

"Shin-" I was surprised when all of a sudden a guy hugged her from behind. I didn't know that this ultra conservative girl has a boyfriend. I slowly opened the door. I was about to about having a boyfriend but I was totally devastated when I found out who that guy is. It's Lee Minho, my boyfriend. The lunch boxes on my hand fell on the floor causing so much noise. I saw Shinhye's reaction when she saw me staring at them. Her eyes widened as her jaw dropped. As for Oppa, I don't know. I walked to them and with tears in my eyes, I forcefully slapped her cheek. 

"Sora!" Oppa pulled me away. "Don't do this here." 

"Why?! Why not here?!" I said and looked around. Though my eyes were blurry with tears, I saw their classmates watching us. But I do not care. "Everyone, this girl here is my best friend. Her name? Park Shinhye. I always see to it that I give my best everytime she needs me. But it turns out that she's also in a relationship with my boyfriend, Lee Minho."

"Sora, please--" Shinhye pleaded but I became deaf in her cries. I pushed Oppa's arms around my waist and faced her.

"How could you? You know how much I love him even before he noticed me." I sobbed. "I told you everything about us."

I felt Oppa grabbed my arms. I pushed his hands and walked away glaring.

I have nowhere to go after. I do not have any other friends aside from those two lying cheaters and I hate myself for that, for attaching myself to them. If there's anyone that I can talk to without being judged or laughed at, it's my unnie, Kang Jihyo. But at this moment, she's overseas with her 'arranged marriage' doctor husband, Choi Jinhyuk. I walked around the campus without anywhere to go. Suddenly, my phone rang. It's my mom.

"Ne Omma?" I straighten my face as I answered her call.

"Sora-ya, when are you coming home? We haven't seen you since your sister's wedding." My mom said. I know she had something else to say. She's too busy being an assemblyman's wife to call me just to say hi. "Are you eating well? I passed by your unit yesterday and it was total mess! I sent Kim-ahjumma to clean there."

"Gomawo, omma." I replied weakly.

"Ya! You're studying well, right?"

"Hmm." I answered.

"Good! Because your cousin, Mary had been accepted in Yale University."

That's what I am talking about. She needs me to do something because we can't be left out.

"T-that's good for her." 

"Good? Then you should be the best! She went to Yale, then you to Harvard!"

Is it because the weather is too hot that she's hallucinating or because my mom's taking propofol? Getting in this university was extremely hard, how much more in Harvard? Geez.

"Omma, you see I have a situation here so-"

"Arasso! I get it." She said. "Come home once this semester is over. Your appa's asking for you."

That's it and we hung up. Whenever I come home, my dad and I would always discuss my grades and studies which kinda annoys me. Hello, it's vacation! Who would want to study nor talk about it during those precious days? Ah, chincha!

 


"Let's talk. See you in music and lounge at 7. Please come."

My chest felt heavy as I read his message. I ask myself over and over if I should meet him or not. At the end, I decided to go. I sat where we usually does. This very table and chair reminds me of him... And us. Oh darn, I started crying again. And a snot started to drip on my nose. I was about to reach my bag when I noticed the waiter in front of me- oh wait, he's the cute lead singer! Wait... Did he saw my snot? I hurriedly dried my eyes and yes, my nose before smiling back at him.

"I'll order later. Thanks." I said and looked away.

"Are you ok?"

My eyes widened because I was surprised. I wanted so much to tell him.  I stared deep in his eyes. But then Oppa came.

"Oppa!" I greeted him, for him to know I came.

"Excuse me." He said and pushed the guy in front of me. "We will order later."

I saw the guy narrowed his eyes. Maybe because we indirectly called him waiter. Jisub-Oppa came and pulled him. 

 


"Mianhe." 

His words are like a knife that stabbed my heart. I bit my lower lip. I was trying to stop myself from tearing up but I just can't.

"Anything that I will say will be an excuse... And will hurt you more. Just, mianhe. I'm really sorry this happened to us. Let's end this here."

"So do you love her?" Though I know I'll end up hurting, I summoned my courage and asked him.

"Sora, let's not-"

"Okay, let's not." I nodded. "So did you two enjoyed it? Making me stupid and pathetic?" 

I saw him glared at me. I know he's mad because of what I said. 

"I am not asking you to forgive us right now but I hope that in time you will find in your heart to forgive me and Shinhye."

I looked away. I never thought that this day would come. The day when I would lose my best friend and the guy I love at the same time. I felt so alone.

"Shinhye... She wanted to come here because she's worried about you but I told her not to. She loves you and cares for you like her own sister."

Like her own sister.

"Kure?" I looked at him. He seems please maybe because he thought I was touched. "You should have let her come. I wanted to thank her personally for making me realized that a trash like you is so unworthy for someone like me."

I saw him narrowed his eyes. I hit his button again. Suddenly, he stood up and walked out of the place, leaving me behind.

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.

That song lyrics hit me. I know it was stupid of me but I don't think I can make it without him. Maybe, just maybe he'll consider and come back to me. I rushed out and saw him crossing the streets.

"Minho! Lee Minho!" I called out loud and ran towards him. "Oppa, mian. Let's forget everything and start afresh. Can we do that?"

"I'm sorry." He said. "You and I can't be together anymore. I'm in love with somebody else."

I bowed my head. Why does break-ups had to be this painful? What have I done that I have go through this? Is this man really mighty to break my heart? Just then, I felt that my knees were shaking until I gave in. I found myself sitting on the ground. 

I heard people's screaming and as I tilted my head, I saw the guy from Music and Lounge rushed and threw a punch in Minho's face. I felt like I was watching a live action movie.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt somewhere?" He helped me get up and brushed the dirt in my dress.

"Ya! Who are you, jerk?!" I heard Minho Oppa said.

I stood up to him. I gathered all my strength and punched him in his stomach. How could he call this guy a jerk when in fact he's the jerkiest jerk ever!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again for reading! Hope you had a great time. :)

Can I say I'm also a Minshin shipper so please don't hate me for making them look bad here? I like Lee Minho and Park Shinhye a lot and the thought of them being together makes me happy. Haha. :D