Chapter 2

Baby Don't Cry

A/N: the 2nd chapter for u guys. I actually re-edited chapter 1 so for those who haven't seen it yet, please do read it again. And..... Kyungie will make her (yes he's a girl in here) appearance in this chapter as XiuMin's best friend 

 

''Hyung, please tell me she didn't come back" JongIn's plead was met by silence. The brothers were currently sitting at the cafeteria, of course with most of the stares of the student body directed at their table. JongDae only looked out the window, ignoring what JongIn had said just now.

"Hyung.... its all over the school you know.... what happened between you and..her. Everyone is gossiping about-"

"So let them be. I don't give a s*** on what they think. I'm used to it anyway, people talking behind my back, insulting me and eventually, leaving me alone. Enjoy your lunch JongIn." With that, JongDae stormed out of the cafeteria, all eyes still on him. JongIn sighed for what seemed like the millionth time today. He really didn't like the way things were running now. "Why did she come back? Isn't she contented of what she did to hyung?" JongIn balled his fists. He threw his sandwich in the dustbin and walked out of the cafeteria as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KyungSoo walked out of the bathroom, enjoying the beautiful view of New York. She didn't have classes today for their was an accident in their school and all the students were forced to go home. If you're all wondering, she's living in New York with her family who is close friends with XiuMin's own family. KyungSoo had always wanted to go back to Korea. She wanted to be with her best friend again. Speaking of her best friend, her phone rang. The caller ID read: "Minnie<3". KyungSoo hurriedly answered her phone and plopped down on her bed.

"Yoboseyeo? Minnie-ah! how are you?"

"K-Kyungie-ah.."

"Min? Oh my gosh Min, why are you crying? What happened? Are you hurt?" KyungSoo stood up as she heard the faint sobs that came out of her best friend's mouth.

"Kyung...I....he.....i-it hurts....Kyung..I-"

"XiuMin I can't understand you calm down Min" She heard XiuMin breathe deeply on the other line.

"J-jongDae...h-he..I told him th-that I wanted to start anew b-but he pushed me a-and Kyung I-it hurts..so so much" XiuMin sobbed

"Min...give him some time. I'm sure he's just shocked from all of this. He'll forgive you I know it. No matter what he becomes I'm certain he's still the JongDae you met 3 years ago."KyungSoo replied, feeling hurt after hearing what her best friend had to go through.

"No Kyung. He said th-that things would never be th-the same between us. Why did I even come back? I'm so stupid...maybe I should just accept that he would never come back to m-me" XiuMin cried harder

"No Min! You can't give up. You love him remember? then fight to get him back. Don't be a coward like you said you were. Remember Min, Love is a sacrifice. You won't get anywhere if you give up this easily.What did you think? that he would just come crawling back to you after you show your face to him after 3 years? It's not like that, Min.Good things happen to those who wait. Give him some time, and eventually he'll move on from the scars of the past. Keep in mind everything that I said, ok?"

"Thanks, Kyung. You really know how to make me feel better. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"That's what best friends do right? I'm always here Min. I may not be beside you but I'm always by your side. Now cheer up, okay?"

"Sure eomma. Hahahahha" KyungSoo smiled. This was the XiuMin she knew.

 

After what seemed like hours, they hung up. XiuMin definitely felt better. KyungSoo was right, she should stop being the coward she is...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Okay class, settle down" The students groaned as they hear their teacher's voice. Everyone sat down on their seats quickly, not wanting to anger their Music teacher.

"As your output for this semester, you will perform a song duet. I will be choosing who will be partnered to who, so it'll be fair and square. You will be performing this at the stadium two weeks from now and all year levels and staff will be watching so make sure you do your best. I will grade you according to your performance as a duo.First placers will of course have the highest grade, the song you pick must be a ballad, I repeat, a ballad. No hiphop or rock or any other genre. If you fail to follow this rule, 10 pts. will be deducted to your score. Understood?" The students nodded simultaenously. JongDae felt his heart racing, he felt nervous.

"So, the pairings are: JongHyun and GwiBoon, MinHo and TaeYeon.................................. and finally, JongDae and XiuMin. The rest of the period will be given for you and your partner to discuss about what you will sing. Good luck, I will be checking on your progress next week." Did he hear it right? he was partnered with XiuMin? fate is such a . He watched as everyone else scurried off to sit with their partners and discuss their plans.

Suddenly, a hand touched his shoulder. He immediately jerked the hand off, finding XiuMin staring at him.

"JongDae... what...what are your plans?"She tried to sound as casual as possible but nervousness was still laced in her voice.

"It's your choice. I don't care whatever you pick, Just tell me when you plan to practice so we can get this over with" He replied almost immediately and returned to the book he was reading. XiuMin bit her lip at his reply.

An awkward silence enveloped them until she spoke up:"What about Baby Don't Cry?" JongDae froze. That song was their "theme song". JongDae would always sing that to XiuMin whenever the latter was down. He remembered when he used to brush his fingers on her hair as Xiumin slept on his lap and he sang it to her. That song was full of meaning to him.

"...-Dae?" He was pulled out of his train of thoughts.

"Sure" Was his short reply, regaining his composture, eyes never leaving the book he was reading.

"O-ok. If you're free, how about we practice tomorrow after school?" JongDae didn't reply making XiuMin fidget on her seat.

"I-I guess i'll take that as a-a yes then"

A/N: I don't think I would be able to update for awhile... until next time:) And I hope you enjoyed this chapter...kekekekekeke.. by the way, whose your Ultimate EXO bias? mine's Lay *squeals*!!!!!! his dimple is so cute and when he dances he's so...urfhfhfhreferhfwerhweyr hott!!!! okay, I should probabaly stop my rant now. Bye chingus! :)