Chapter 1

Baby Don't Cry

"What?! Forget?, Forget?! I can't believe you. You said we'd go through any of these together, you promised that we'd fight for our love! and now you're telling me that your giving up? you want to end this? When we first started dating you even hid the fact that you were engaged all along. If you saw this coming, why did you even agree to be mine? How selfish can you get?!" Chen exploded, slumping once again. XiuMin was shaking, unable to collect herself ..........

"Dae, I-Its getting out of hand.M-my parents... they found out a-and their sending me a-away. I'm sorry Dae... I-I've always dreamt o-of a perfect relationship wi-with you but I know you-you deserve better.... Goodbye Kim JongDae.... " She left.... and with her was his heart.....
 
~3 Years Later~
 
"B-but o-oppa-"
"Are you dumb or you simply can't hear? I said get.out.of.my.way. You're not my type so get out of my way, I don't wanna see your filthy excuse for a face"
 
The girl ran away with tears in her eyes, hurt from the offending words she had just heard from The Kim JongDae.
Chen kept his head high, his stoic expression never leaving his face. Ever since "it" happened 3 years ago, the once cheerful JongDae had turned into a cold, heartless monster. He is the school's heartthrob but now, is also known as the "Ice Prince" of SM University.
 
"Hyung, don't you think you went too far? your words really struck her you know.." JongIn spoke to his hyung as politely as possible, knowing that his brother was'nt in a good mood
"She deserved it, anyway. And I don't care how hurt she is. I've been through worse" came the cold reply
 
The walk to class was silent. The duo was met with blinding stares from students in the hallway. It has always been like this, they have gotten used to it. JongIn glanced at his hyung, only to be met with the same ice cold ego of his brother. He never expected things to come out this way, his brother was an optimistic person, someone who could melt away your problems by just smiling at you. But it was never the same after "that"....
Now, JongDae hardly speaks to anyone, he prefers to be alone most of the time and spends his time reading books....to forget the pain... 
 
"Hyung, I'll meet you at the student council room at 4pm" JongIn informed his hyung, who only nodded in response and headed off to his own classroom. The former sighed as he watched his brother's silhouette fade across the hallways.. "I wish everything would just go back to where it used to be... I'm sick and tired of this" JongIn thought as he made his way to his own class before the bell rung, signaling the start of classes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

 

"Class, we have a new student that will be joining you today. Please enter and introduce yourself to the class" Everyone was excited to meet this new student Mrs.Lee has just announced about except of course, JongDae who didn't even spare his teacher a glance. Finally, a girl stepped in the room. She had long brown hair, hazelnut eyes and milky white skin...
 
"Annyeong haeseyo, Kim XiuMin imnida"
 
JongDae's head went straight up. His eyes widened and he froze in his seat, his breath hitched and he was shaking uncontrollably, tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes. "JongDae you can't, all these years of progress you've made in forgetting her will crumble down... Don't cry,Don't cry.. control yourself"
 
"Ms.Kim, you may sit beside JongDae. Mr.Kim, please raise your hand so she will know where you are" JongDae raised his hand, maintaining the stoic expression on his face when actually, he was burning inside.
XiuMin proceeded to sit beside him. The atmosphere was tense between them. No one seemed to notice but only the two of them. JongDae can't seem to concentrate in class, he balled his fist as he kept thinking of the incident three years ago, wanting to forget but unable to do so. XiuMin kept quiet, she was dying to talk to JongDae. She came back to Korea to set things right, she wanted to live a new life and if possible, she wanted JongDae in it. Her parents broke off her engagement to their friends son, thus making her free to chose whom she will marry. Her mind immediately wandered off to JongDae. She hurt him and left him but she loved him-scratch that-she loves him. But the question is, will he be able to forgive her and start anew?
 
"Ms.Kim, can you give me the definition of love?" Mrs.Lee asked, looking at XiuMin. The latter stood up from her seat.
 
"Love..is..when you feel an intense feeling of deep affection for someone... Being in love is when you feel that you care for that person a-and you can't let him/her leave you a-and-"
 
"Thank you, Ms.Kim. You seem like you have issues in "love" as I see it. May you share it to the rest of the class?" JongDae froze.Oh no....
 
"I-I left someone special he-here in Korea. So I-I came back for him a-and ask for his forgiveness for the issues in o-our past and to start anew" XiuMin hesitantly answered, she could feel her cheeks getting wet and so, she hurriedly sat back down on her chair and buried her face in her handkerchief.
 
JongDae hung his head low, his mind still processing the words he heard not so long ago.
"Start anew, huh? you think its that easy? well, you're wrong XiuMin. I won't make the same mistake I made 3 years ago..."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Chen! wait!"XiuMin panted as she tried to catch up with JongDae. Said boy stiffened and stopped on his tracks
"What do you want?" He asked, never turning around. XiuMin shook, tears falling from her eyes. She took a step forward and immediately hugged JongDae from behind. The latter froze at the sudden contact. He made a move to push her away but she had a strong grip and sobbed on his back.
 
"Dae, I'm sorry please forgive me... It was all my parents' decision I never wanted to leave you, Dae. I love you, I still do. Please allow me to enter your life again, let's start anew, Dae" XiuMin pleaded. JongDae closed his eyes trying to fight back the tears threatening to fall.
 
"You think its that easy?"JongDae spoke back with an icy tone. He pushed XiuMin away, startling the girl. People were now crowded around them, surprise written all over their faces
 
"You left me, Min. 3 years ago, you caused me pain. And now when I'm halfway through forgetting you, you show up in front of me asking for forgiveness? tsk. Things will never be the same between us XiuMin. We chose different paths. I'm not the same JongDae that you knew, I'm different now. I live a life that does'nt include you in it."JongDae left. People were gossiping about the things they had heard but XiuMin didn't give the slightest care about it. She buried her face in her arms, sliding down the wall. How could she be stupid? did she think that JongDae would even forgive her? He was right. Things will never be the same between them...