And I say,

Daddy is my Prince

Baekhyun and Jongdae switch their gazes from their ice-creams when Chanyeol’s phone buzzes and steals their attention away. Chanyeol is in the bathroom - he’s reversed his chocolate ice-cream on his pants as usual - and the two friends share a pointed look before deciding to invade his privacy as they are used to. 

 

After having felt a shiver down their spine at the sight of a creepy photo of Kyungsoo as Chanyeol’s screensaver, the message they read makes them feel impossibly sick. 

 

It’s from Sehun, of course, and it reads: ‘My exam went well, I’m out with Lu-hyung to celebrate now. Will you come home to celebrate on our own later, my prince?’. Baekhyun and Jongdae almost vomit, for real. 

 

Kyungsoo surprises them with one of his pointed coughs and it makes them jump, phone almost falling ruinously on the floor for the fright. 

 

“You’re spying again.” the tiny boy observes matter-of-fact, a murderous expression on his face because the new hats his boss has forced them wearing are ridiculous and Kyungsoo hates to have an ice-cream with puppy eyes on his head. Baekhyun and Jongdae fail to find him threatening in that outfit.

“Hi, Mr. Ice-Cream.”

“You know, Kyungsoo, your eyes are bigger than this stuffed toy’s ones. Impressive.” Jongdae helps.

 

Kyungsoo has never hated working in this ice-cream shop this much. 

 

“I will poison your ice-creams, one of these days.” he announces before turning around to go back to his position at the ice-cream machine. He meets Chanyeol half-way as he goes, and minds to update the clueless boy. “The idiots are reading your texts.” 

Even Kyungsoo enjoys the way Chanyeol loses all his colors at that news.

 

The tall boy rushes back to his table with wide opened eyes, horrified, and knows he has good reasons to when Baekhyun and Jongdae burst out laughing gracelessly as soon as they see him.

 

“Lord have mercy, Chanyeol, love is making you dumber that you were already.”

Chanyeol hisses at Baekhyun then sends Jongdae a glare as he takes his phone back. “Why do you have a scary photo of Kyungsoo as your screensaver?”  

“Works as the perfect antitheft.” 

 

He sighs, though, because he is sure Jongdae has already made a screen cap of whatever Sehun had written and sent it to his phone.

What Sehun had written was impossibly adorable and disgustingly cheesy. Chanyeol face-palms.

 

“So he calls you his prince.” Baekhyun tries to sound nonchalant, eyes fixed on the huge stain of chocolate still plastered on Chanyeol’s blue jeans “He must have serious diseases.” Jongdae suppresses a laugh eating his ice-cream but the flushed look on Chanyeol’s face is glorious. 

“You guys are so mean.”

“Oh, please. You would do the same if it was one of us playing lovesick with his date. That’s what friends are for, Chan-Chan.”

“Call me that again and I’ll set your collection of eye-liner on fire.” he warns, a brow raised “Even the red one.”

Baekhyun seems scared enough to shut himself up helpfully. Jongdae snorts.

 

“I was thinking, isn’t it funny that your boyfriend calls you the same as your daughter does?”

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. “Why are you putting so much emphasis on the word boyfriend?”

“Must be some kind of contract we signed when we met in kindergarten.” 

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes again. He knows he has never been a saint mocking his best friends, too - they all adore to tease Kyungsoo about his absurd lack of interest toward whatever living being outside of himself - but he may be the first of them to have ended up in a serious relationship and that meant trouble. 

 

He also reasons over Jongdae’s words for a moment. He had never thought about it, but it was true. Yuna and Sehun had naturally chosen the same affectionate nickname for him.

 

 

-

 

 

Telling Yuna about Sehun turned out to be harder that Chanyeol had thought. 

 

He didn’t even want to tell the little girl about something she surely couldn’t understand yet, even if it was about something as important as his boyfriend. Besides, Chanyeol could picture how Seonmi would have reacted if she came to know the father of her child had found himself a boyfriend.

 

He knew Seonmi would have mocked him to eternity, probably saying something like “That’s why you with me” Chanyeol could already hear in her high-pitched, acid voice. He shivered. 

 

The point was that Yuna discovered on her own, somehow, and Chanyeol found her sixth sense almost scary. His sister agreed because she was there, too, when the incident occurred. 

 

Chanyeol had gotten used to talk at the phone with Sehun after dinner, when they couldn’t meet or the younger was too busy studying, and those conversations usually took place in Chanyeol’s room, with Yuna always following her father like a shadow. Chanyeol never noticed she had gotten weary with time. The little girl usually just played with her toys while he spoke at the phone but in reality, she listened to everything Chanyeol said carefully. 

 

Chanyeol and Yura were choosing an outfit for the boy’s upcoming date with Sehun when the phone rang and they both froze at the rapidity with which the little girl ran to pick up the call. 

 

“Hello?” she greeted, naturally cute even though her expression was frowned “Are you the one daddy calls ‘My baby’? You know I’m the only one he can call this, don’t you?” 

 

Chanyeol actually stumbled on his feet for the shock as he hurried to take his phone back, his sister helping even though she had made sure to laugh at him at the scene. When Yura had taken the angry Yuna a few steps away to scold her on her behavior, Chanyeol hurried to take the call instead.

 

Sehun sounded affronted. “Great, hyung. Yuna hates me now.”

“What? No, no, she just.. I didn’t even know she had payed so much attention to our calls. I’ll fix this.” he heard Sehun letting out a sad sigh, and he bit his lips “Maybe it’s time for you both to meet, after all.”

 

It wasn’t, in reality, but Chanyeol would have rather let Sehun and Yuna meet now and explain his little girl things instead that lead her to hate on Sehun in jealousy already. That wasn’t even something he had dared to worry about. 

 

Sehun agreed, a bit nervous, and greeted him after having made sure his day had been okay. 

 

Yuna’s aunt had cared about telling her that picking up other people’s calls was really impolite meanwhile, the child reacting with an offended pout and her arms crossing defensively. Chanyeol tried to reason on his words as she approached her, the way Yuna sticked her tongue out at him being very unpromising. 

 

“Why are you angry, baby?” he tries with a soft touch on her cheek.

“I don’t understand!” Yuna exploded “Who is that person, appa? Why do you call him ‘baby’, too?” 

“Good luck.” Yura called herself out, sending her brother an amused look and contemporarily patting his back before she left the room. Chanyeol sighed. He helped Yuna in taking a seat on his bed and held sweet smile.

 

“Okay, now daddy is gonna tell you something important.” 

Yuna nodded in anticipation, but also made sure to let her father notice she was angry. Adorably angry. Chanyeol chuckled. 

“The person you talked to at the phone is Sehun, and dad likes him really, really, really a lot.” 

“You mean like a boyfriend?” the kid returned, making Chanyeol pale.

“What do you know about boyfriends?”

“Yura-unnie told me. I also have a boyfriend at school, Minho.”

 

Chanyeol stared at his daughter’s big eyes, so deeply confused the kid even found herself giggling at the reserved positions. 

 

“Dad?” 

“Mhm.” 

Chanyeol had lost his words, but knew he had to find them back so he told himself to think of an atrocious way to kill his sister another time. “You see.. yes, I like Sehun a lot, Yuna. That’s why I’m sweet to him.”

“And you call him ‘baby’?” Yuna asked with a pout.

“Well, yes. You don’t have to be jealous, though. You’re my princess, aren’t you?” 

“I don’t want to share you, dad.” 

 

Chanyeol smiled very stupidly. That was all deeply amusing, but contemporarily so damn sweet. 

 

“You won’t have to share me. I love you and I love Sehun in different ways. Just like I love grandma, grandpa and your unnie, Baekhyun and the others in different ways. I love you all.”

“But you don’t call anyone else ‘baby’.” Yuna insisted, Chanyeol pinching her cheeks affectionately.

“When you meet Sehun, you will understand. He is important to me.. can you understand this?”

 

Yuna pouted some more, but her angriness had started melting down. She locked eyes with Chanyeol and gave up, like she always did when it came to her beloved, caring father. “Important like Minho-oppa is for me?” she investigated. 

 

Chanyeol forced a smile and nodded, internally cursing because when exactly his four-years-old daughter had found herself a boyfriend? The thought of this Minho kid, however, seemed to help his cause so he let go, enjoying the way Yuna sighed patiently and then hurried to wrap her little arms around his neck.

 

“I will think about it. You’re mine, daddy.” the baby girl claimed with a chic tone, waving her hair in a way only Baekhyun - and her mother - could have taught her. Chanyeol laughed softly as he saw her going back to her toys like nothing had happened, but then the name ‘Minho’ rang in his mind and all his fatherly instincts started burning inside his body. He turned to the closed door of his room with a glare.

 

“Noona!”

 

 

-

 

 

“If the gross kid hates on me Chanyeol-hyung will be facing a big problem.”

 

Luhan laughs gracelessly at those defeated words, chewing on his pizza as he sends Sehun an amused glance. Seeing his brother so concerned over something, a kid, is so new Luhan thinks he should film it, but then again lots of things have changed since Chanyeol had come into Sehun’s life.

 

Sehun is happy, like his life had changed 180° degrees and in better. Luhan loves how it feels to have his brother so soft and effortlessly joyful everyday. 

 

“Stop calling her gross for no apparent reasons to start with, and everything will be okay.”

“Kids are gross.” Sehun insists “Nothing is grosser than them. Sure Yuna seems cute but.. she threatened me on the phone, and she’s just four.”

Luhan tries really hard not to laugh again, deciding to shove a big amount of food in his mouth not to.

 

“You know,” he says, mouth full of pizza and Sehun makes a disgusted face at the horrendous scene “You should meet her already. Kids usually likes you a lot, for how absurd it is, so who knows. It could go well.”

“It has to go well.”

“Wow.” Luhan blinks in mocking surprise “You are so serious about this. I bet Chanyeolie would float on air if he saw how concerned you are about being in good terms with his daughter.”

 

Sehun glares, stealing the last slice of pizza in a weak attempt to make Luhan sad so he would stop. “You will tell him, won’t you.”

“As soon as I see him.” Luhan promises, irritated, but Sehun knows he would have done the same even if pizza wasn’t over.

 

The younger brother tries to make sure Luhan doesn’t meet Chanyeol in the next week anyway. He focuses on his issue with Park Yuna - and on his upcoming exam - and it’s absurd how even Criminology seems more relaxing than thinking about meeting his boyfriend’s daughter for the first time. 

 

Which happens a few days later, however, when Chanyeol finally asks him out on an ice-cream date at Kyungsoo’s workplace with the little girl.

 

Sehun tries to remind himself of the old glorious day as he goes, when a kid would have been just a kid and he wouldn’t have felt so worried about anything and anyone - brother and mother excluded, of course -. He hadn’t been so nervous about dating Chanyeol, either, for God’s sake.

 

Chanyeol, however, seems relaxed and even happy when he arrives at their meeting, and it takes Sehun aback. The younger immediately shares a quick smile with his boyfriend before shifting his gaze on Yuna, pretty in a blue dress, who is already staring at him with her big, chocolate eyes. She is as cute as she looked in photos, Sehun has to admit, and her resemblance with Chanyeol is simply astonishing. For how weary she is looking up at him, her appearance is still effortlessly cute, just like her father. 

 

Sehun waves his hand, revealing a bright smile he is unused to pull off but all that is happening.. is making him feel things. Yuna seems instantly surprised at the sight of his everything, and even Chanyeol looks startled for a moment. 

 

“Hey.” the older greets, fallen in love just a little more at the sight of that bright Sehun, and Sehun answers back with a sheepish smile. Yuna looks at them with a brow raised, lost into her studying the situation already, but feels glad Chanyeol is patting her head sweetly. 

 

“Sehun, meet my princess. Yuna, meet daddy’s boyfriend.” 

 

Yuna offers a sudden bashful smile, eyes flying to the ground when Sehun leans down to face her and Chanyeol sees him patting her cheek in a kind gesture. When the younger looks up expectantly, Chanyeol offers a thumb up.

 

As soon as they get inside the ice-cream shop, Yuna immediately decides to run away from the new situation to go greeting Kyungsoo with bursting excitement.

“Oppa!” 

Kyungsoo is taken aback but he’s also used to such things happening. He’s always blamed Chanyeol for how noisy his child always was but then again, children would be children, he supposes. He greets Yuna with their usual high-five and one of his rare smiles, acknowledging Sehun and Chanyeol’s entrance with a nod a moment later.

 

“Oppa, I want my ice-cream blue as usual.”

“I know, with smarties on top.” Kyungsoo says, leaned down on the counter to face Yuna properly, so he can whisper right into her ear, “You know you have to be a good girl today, don’t you? Your dad wants you to like Sehunie a lot.”

The little girl pouts, but nods. “He’s pretty, oppa, and even if I’m jealous, I promise I will be good.”

Kyungsoo smiles, nodding proudly and then sharing another friendly high-five with the little girl. “Oppa will give you a reward. Keep your promise, will you?”

Yuna nods, all serious now, and makes a pinkie promise with Kyungsoo before running back to Sehun and Chanyeol’s table with her trademark big smile back on.

 

Sehun welcomes her with a soft laugh. “You’re so cute, Yuna.”

She finds herself immediately blushing, hiding her face behind Chanyeol’s big arm as she suddenly feels all eyes set on her.

“Look, you’re acting all bashful now.” her father chuckles, and she sticks her tongue out.

 

“Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo calls him from the counter “What will you guys take?” 

The taller boy immediately leaves to place their orders, miming to Sehun to try and say something as he goes. Things seemed to be going good anyway. 

Before Sehun can say anything, however, Yuna sets sudden serious eyes on him and shuts him up with her firmness.

 

“Sehun-oppa, you will be good to my daddy, won’t you?” 

Gasping shortly, Sehun can’t help a soft smile. “I will. I love him a lot.” 

His words bring the kid to nod, thoughtful, and Sehun thinks he has never been so nervous about anyone’s opinion of him. He feels strange but he supposes that’s how it feels to be in love: to want everything to be perfect for your loved one.

 

“We can do something about this then.” Yuna announces eventually, her hands and arms moving in wide circular movements gesturing toward them all “As long as you are good to my daddy, I will like you. But he’s my prince and I won’t share this title, okay?”

 

Stunned into silence, Sehun nods mechanically. He is sure not even Luhan was this eloquent at such a young age. After a moment of pure astonishment, he can’t help bursting out laughing.

 

Yuna giggles, making Chanyeol beam when he gets back to the table with their ice-creams and finds them sharing a little, friendly laugh that makes his world turn upside down. He hurries to take his seat and hold Sehun’s hand briefly under the table, the younger boy sending him a relieved look that lifts a big rock up from both their chests. 

 

When Yuna sees the little red, heart-shaped confetti Kyungsoo has put on her ice-cream as a reward for her good behavior, she throws her hands up to celebrate joyfully. 

 

She turns to her dear oppa, showing a thumb up that makes Kyungsoo smile discretely from his position. Things couldn’t get better. 

 

 

-

 

 

“I think we should have a dinner with your friends, here.”

 

Chanyeol raises a brow at Sehun’s words, turning around on the younger’s bed to hug him better and also meet his focused eyes. Sehun nods, comfortable in their peaceful after- cuddling. They have already gotten good enough to laugh a lot less and scream a lot more, by now.

 

“You know, something cute all together.” Sehun insists.

Chanyeol hums. “Sounds legit, but here, really?” as Sehun sends him a questioning look, he chuckles “Mess, noise.. in your apartment.”

The younger smirks as he runs teasing fingers down Chanyeol’s bare chest. “Both of us cooking together before or after , up to you?”

Chanyeol finds himself blushing but he has to admit Sehun’s option sounds way more tempting. 

The younger’s smile widens. “Sounds perfect, doesn’t it? With you, I can survive my first official dinner.” 

 

Just because he’s feeling too happy at those words, Chanyeol smirks and pokes Sehun’s cheek. “You should invite Luhan-hyung, too.” He loves the way Sehun loses all his colors. “Why exactly would you force me into watching the disgusting scene of my brother making three innocent boys lose their minds?” 

“Because they will have to meet him, sooner or later.” Chanyeol shrugs amusedly “And because it’s gonna be fun.”

 

Sehun snorts defeatedly. Chanyeol, on the other hand, can’t wait.

 

“Oh, and they’re not innocent.” he adds on a second thought. 

 

 

-

 

 

Despite Chanyeol’s suggesting to ask Kyungsoo to make dinner after their first issues with Sehun’s oven, Sehun ignores his blabbering about the safeness of the entire building and insists about cooking all by themselves. 

 

Chanyeol calls his mother for help seven times and even calls Jongdae’s one at one point, but eventually it all helps their cause. By the time their guests show up, they have managed to cook lots of delicious dishes and even have between the roasted chicken and the triple chocolate cake. 

 

Sehun feels like the king of the world. He has never really realized how lucky he is to have found Chanyeol until he stops for a moment and stares, stares at the dinner they have made together, stare at Chanyeol’s flawless figure, stare at how beautiful and comfortable his apartment surprisingly feels with dear people filling it. 

 

He can’t help a smile, and gets back to earth when Baekhyun comes hugging him and suggests to go hearing Kyungsoo’s critical comments about the dishes they have made while they wait for Luhan to get back from work.

 

“This rice could have cooked some minutes more, but the taste is fine.” Kyungsoo says honestly while tasting the food, Chanyeol keeping hopeful puppy eyes on him the whole while “And the cake looks great. Did you make the ganache the way I told you, Chanyeol?” 

“Sure he did.” Sehun says “He told me, ‘Let’s do this Kyungsoo’s style or he’ll notice I haven’t and kick my ’.”

 

Everyone bursts out laughing when Chanyeol blushes, sending Sehun a glare that the younger reciprocates with a face. Kyungsoo nods nonchalantly, always in his effortlessly threatening state, when Jongdae decides to interrupt the moment by going to poke Sehun’s arm.

 

“Is your brother really as beautiful as Chanyeol claimed him to be?”

Baekhyun joins the mocking with beaming eyes. “Prettier than you?” when Sehun waves them off with an annoyed roll of eyes, Chanyeol joins his two friends with a wide smirk. 

“Tell them about Lulu-hyung, baby.”

“Oh, you all. Why can’t you all be like Kyungsoo-hyung?” Sehun protests and they all laugh, except for Kyungsoo who raises a brow and looks genuinely confused.

“Like me?”

“Yes, cold and uninterested.” 

 

The other three laugh at the way Kyungsoo’s features melt in thoughtfulness. 

“Who knows, maybe your brother is so beautiful he even gets Kyungsoo back to earth.” Baekhyun provokes, and Kyungsoo snorts.

“Stop it, okay, It’s not true I don’t like anyone.”

“You don’t even like your mom.” Jongdae protests.

“You don’t even like Jongdae’s mom.” Baekhyun helps.

“You don’t even like Yuna!” Chanyeol yells like it was the most absurd thing ever. 

“And you won’t like my brother.” Sheun finishes, more to give hope to himself than anything, and Kyungsoo waves them off with an annoyed roll of eyes.

 

Although Baekhyun and Jongdae decide to observe how Kyungsoo really reacts to Luhan’s arrival, knowing how much that would have annoyed Sehun, both of them fall into a hopeless state of deep enchantment as soon as the anticipated man finally arrives.

 

Luhan has just gotten back for a tremendous day at work and he surely feels tired, the accentuated paleness of his face confirming the feeling. His appearance, however, doesn’t seem affected by the twelve hours of unstopped work because he looks just as ethereal as ever. His hair, naturally curly, are tousled enough to make him look twenty while his eyes, slightly puffy, are wide open in his usual naive astonishment that makes him look like a character out of a cartoon. His pretty lips, just slightly parted to complete the picture, are shaped in a little ‘O’. 

 

Luhan then breaks into his effortless sweet smile and his three new acquaintance, who have been staring the entire time, melt down like snowmen built up in a desert. 

 

Sehun rolls his eyes when Luhan introduces himself, going to shake his friends’ hand.

 

“I think I can recognize you by what the boys have told me during these months,” Luhan chuckles, shaking hand with Baekhyun first and effortlessly guessing who is who right “You must be the pretty Baekhyun, handsome Jongdae-“ 

Luhan stops when he faces Kyungsoo who, Sehun notices with horror, looks just as lost than the others. The tiny boy’s chubby cheeks are flushed with a light shade of pink that soon makes its way on Luhan’s fair skin, too. 

“You must be Kyungsoo.” 

 

The elder boy doesn’t use any of the adjectives he has heard from Chanyeol: frightening, scary, weird and, very rarely, cute, and just shakes Kyungsoo’s hand with some hardship in keeping the eye-contact with this boy who, somewhere in the deepest spot of him mind, is making him squeal like he’s just met the most adorable creature on earth. 

 

“So.” Chanyeol says helpfully now that Luhan and Kyungsoo have fallen into a sheepish trance without even noticing “We should start eating, should’t we? I’m hungry as hell.” He slaps both Baekhyun and Jongdae’s heads to make them stop staring and then hurries to Sehun’s side, trying hard to hold his laugh back when he sees how helpless his boyfriend looks.

“Kyungsoo-hyung likes him, too. What is life.” Sehun says disparately, heading to the kitchen, and Chanyeol pats his back like it was a serious issue. 

 

“Uhm, let’s go?” Baekhyun incites meanwhile, confused, waving a hand between Luhan and Kyungsoo’s frozen figures and making them both jump, then blush. Jongdae resists the urge to mock Kyungsoo just because he is pretty much confused himself. 

Luhan coughs and then offers a smile, watching as Baekhyun places himself next to him for dinner and already getting the feeling the younger won’t leave him a second. Which Baekhyun doesn’t, of course, lost into his momentary crush.

 

Kyungsoo shyly takes a seat on Luhan’s right and feels pretty much confused by the betrayed glares Sehun doesn’t stop sending him all through the dinner.

 

When Luhan suddenly turns to him though, after having practically spent the entire evening satisfying Baekhyun and Jongdae’s thirst of knowledge about Sehun’s beautiful older brother, preceded by his fame, Kyungsoo’s heart misses a beat and maybe he understands. 

He sees the hesitant, gentle way with which Luhan asks him to talk a bit of himself now, impossibly soft features doing funny things to his stomach, and wonders why the only piece of information his brain seems to perceive at the moment is that he likes this guy. 

 

Things probably couldn’t go worse. 

 

 

-

 

 

“Sehun won’t talk to you.”

“I know.”

“It’s so silly.”

“No, he’s right.” 

 

Chanyeol brings up a quizzing look, which immediately turns into a glare as soon as he sees the gravity plastered on Kyungsoo’s face. Although the infamous ice-cream cute hat helps, he still finds the situation absurd. “Don’t let Sehun’s weird brother complex make you feel strange for liking someone. If anything.. you must feel strange because you finally like someone.”

“Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo warns and it’s not helpful when he slaps his head anyway “Stop with this nonsense.”

“If you were us you’d be surprised, too.” Chanyeol tires to justify himself, massaging his sore part with a pout “I don’t really see the issue, anyway. And it’s not Sehun, for sure.”

“It’s not him, in fact. The issue is that Kyungsoo likes Luhan.”

 

Baekhyun, who has kept himself distant from the conversation to write a very long text to his latest catch, lifts his careful gaze up and Jongdae hums at his words.

 

“Poor our little Kyungsoo. His first crush is no one but someone practically the entire world crushes on.”

Kyungsoo agrees without stopping cleaning the counter compulsively, surprisingly not angry, and it makes Chanyeol shiver. The taller snorts.

 

“Bull. Luhan-hyung is a very reserved man.”

“What makes me different from all the people who like him, though?” Kyungsoo shrugs “I’m crushing on a pretty boy I barely know, who is a lot more than a pretty boy anyway.”

 

Chanyeol crosses his arms, eyes fixed on Kyungsoo in a mix of boredom and curiousness. Baekhyun and Jongdae study the exchange of words carefully after having shooed Kyungsoo’s boss, a very silly old man not even the best educated dog in the world would listen to, away with their hands. 

 

“Elaborate.” 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and looks at Chayeol like he’s gotten dumber than usual. He gestures to himself, to his hat, to his clothes vaguely before he speaks again.

“He’s a freaking psychologist, who owns a clinic and I’m a poor student who works in an ice-cream shop where he’s obliged to wear stupid hats. He’s pretty and successful and I can barely manage to stand my dad. He probably has more people trying to get him out that how many I’ve talked to in my entire life.”

“Okay, enough.” Baekhyun waves his hands dismissively “Such words are so not you, Kyungsoo. This is annoying.”

“Well, he has a crush, you dumb.” Jongdae scolds, slapping his arm at the lack of touch and meanwhile, Chanyeol stares at Kyungsoo thoughtfully.

 

“You know, I am very different from Sehun, too, but none of us cares.”

“And you’re just a 22 years old student, Kyungsoo, give yourself time to become a successful man.” Jongdae smiles a very rare sweet smile, but he knows when to pull them off. When Baekhyun snorts and then adjusts himself on his stool, Kyungsoo sends him a knowing glance. Baekhyun always wants to have the last word.

 

“Since it’s a world-changing matter that you finally like someone, I will help you.”

 

Jongdae laughs some at that heroic statement. “I thought you had a crush on Luhan-hyung, too.”

“Please.” Baekhyun scoffs “I could never date someone prettier than me.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles lowly, unable to send them all to hell because that’s how his friends are and more specifically.. That’s how Baekhyun is. When the older, confident boy places a hand on his shoulder and brings him to look up with gravity held in his eyes, Chanyeol and Jongdae already cross their arms expectantly. Chanyeol even has the terrible idea to drink some water.

 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath. “There’s just one thing a loser like you can do to win someone like Luhan.”

 

And Chanyeol’s water is gone, uglily split on the counter Kyungsoo had so diligently been cleaning since that morning. The tiny boy doesn’t even manage to get angry because he had expected that, and because Chanyeol really looks like he’s choking or something. 

 

“Which is?” he investigates with boredom, not really interested because coming from Baekhyun’s mouth, it had to be some nonsense.

“Make him laugh.” Baekhyun announces happily, actually giggling by himself while Jongdae pats Chanyeol’s back some more.

 

After that Baekhyun seems to think his words over, and they all look at each other, sharing a pointed look.

 

Jongdae shrugs. “You’re hopeless, Kyungsoo.”

 

 

-

 

 

After the first hardship in accepting the fact, Sehun considers that maybe Kyungsoo liking Luhan was not something that annoying. 

 

Chanyeol had seriously insisted that it was something shocking, to which Sehun hadn’t agreed because it was Luhan but then Chnayeol had given him that sweet, older brother caring look showing off his concern for his younger friend and that melted him down like nothing else before. He had sighed but got with it, because sure enough the frozen reaction Luhan had had at Kyungsoo’s sight had been quite shocking, too.

 

So now, as a good, young, lovely brother who seeks for revenge after what his older one has made him go through during the first stage of his first relationship, Sehun thinks he has to investigate a bit on his own. 

 

Luhan walks by his side in all his flawless glory, handsome in his sporty clothes, and the hot sun of May practically makes his fair skin glow. Sehun doesn’t think he has something to envy him, but he will always flail about how plainly beautiful his brother is.

 

“Where are we going again?” Luhan asks, friendly but weary because usually, Sehun just drags him along when he wants some Bubble Tea and their favorite Bubble Tea shop is at the other side of the city. 

Sehun only smiles with anticipation, wrapping an arm around Luhan’s shoulders. He is sure that will be a funny brotherly ice-cream date.

 

As soon as they arrive to Kyungsoo’s shop, Luhan raises a brow and sends his brother a judging look. 

 

“You’ve made me walk until here for something we could buy outside home?”

“That’s because Kyungsoo-hyung works here. You remember him, don’t you?”

 

Oh, Luhan does, Sehun sees it from the way he practically freezes at hearing the name. He sends Chanyeol a text as soon as Luhan stops blushing like a silly girl and they enter, his older brother now suddenly bursting less confidence than usual.

 

Nothing prepares them to what follows. 

 

Kyungsoo is behind the counter, white outfit and silly hat on and he doesn’t look any less grumpy that he normally does. He has two ice-creams cones in hands and is going to serve them to a couple of girls waiting, except he looks up to do so and meets Luhan’s gaze halfway.

 

He breaks both cones on instinct and for a moment time stops. The two girls frown in annoyance but Kyungsoo doesn’t spare them a glance, too busy staring at Luhan’s eyes staring back at him while ice-cream melts down his hands. 

 

Sehun thinks he should have filmed the scene for God’s sake. 

 

The two female customers have actually left the store when Luhan cracks a sheepish smile and Kyungsoo is gone.

 

“You.. broke them.”

“No, I was..” Kyungsoo fails, finally going to clean his hands “I was testing their strength and yeah, they broke.”

“Shocking.” Sehun considers with sharp sarcasm, but he goes pretty much ignored. 

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes have reached an astonishing wideness when he first sees the soft way Luhan is looking at him and, most shocking part of that all, he is laughing. Legit laughing at something pretty dumb he has said after the most embarrassing moment of his life.

 

No one would have believed that if Sehun hadn’t witnessed it. Baekhyun and Jongdae still curse they had missed such an epic scene.

 

Now that the two lovebirds are at those bashful glances again, however, Sehun supposes he should do something but he must admit he enjoys seeing Luhan like this too much, deprived of his self-confidence and looking like a complete idiot in front of a squishy younger boy who is wearing one of the most embarrassing hats ever. 

 

Kyungsoo, meanwhile, thinks he hasn’t hated working in that place that much, really. 

 

It takes a slap on his lower back from Sehun for Luhan to wake up, and he doesn’t remember the last time he has felt so stupidly light.

 

“Can we have one chocolate ice-cream and one coffee flavored milkshake, please?” he asks “If there are cones resistant enough to go, that’s it.”

Kyungsoo hides his face by looking down, but the softness in Luhan’s joke only makes him feel jelly than plain embarrassed. “Take a seat, they’re coming.” 

 

Sehun drags Luhan along, flashing the purple Kyungsoo a deeply amused look before he sits down with his brother and sets demanding eyes on his flushed face. 

“Hyung.” and of course Luhan knows what he wants to say, so he ignores him “Luhan-hyung, that was disgustingly cheesy, you know right.”

“Uhm, well, coming from you..”

“But Chanyeol is my boyfriend.” Sehun replies with a certain proudness in his voice, then he shakes his brother’s arm like he used to do when they were little and he wanted something “Ask him out.”

“What?” 

 

The bewildered look Luhan sets on him make him sigh patiently. “Do it. You like him and don’t you dare denying it ‘cause I know you. You haven’t like someone since.. when exactly you have liked someone and not the other way around?” 

He manages to make Luhan pout, good sign. 

“Luhan-hyung-“ he gets interrupted by Kyungsoo’s arrival, the boy bringing their orders while offering Luhan a very poorly discrete smile. Sehun then decides to kick his brother’s shin under the table and Kyungsoo jumps when Luhan does the same. After having hurried to question the older with a concerned expression, Kyungsoo finds himself face to face with him and goes tense, the brightness of Luhan’s eyes stealing something away from his body.

 

Luhan, on the other hand, flies at the immediate reaction, having to admit he has met lots of people in his life but never, never he has met someone as mesmerizing as Kyungsoo. It was just it, it couldn’t be explained.

 

“Would you go out with me?” he throws there in a sudden moment of self-confidence because he knows he hardly likes people but he likes this boy, whose big eyes he has found himself daydreaming of at work in the last days and they helped, helped arriving at the end of the day with a light heart. 

 

Kyungsoo is as shocked as Sehun at the bluntness. “What?” 

 

Now blushing, Luhan looks down, averting his dazed gaze. “If you.. want, I mean, I’d like to take you.. out, on a date.”

Sehun writes Chanyeol a text: “Luhan-hyung is stuttering while asking Kyungsoo-hyung out.” He sincerely can’t believe it, that was Christmas in August. Kyungsoo can’t believe it either but hell, yes.

 

“Yes.” he says through a soft whisper “Yes, I’d love to.”

And Luhan looks so sincerely surprised and relieved Sehun would like to kick him again but he saves that for later. His older brother is now beaming at Kyungsoo, eyes bright in excitement and lips joyfully curved that makes him look blindingly beautiful.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart messes up with his chest while he thinks, maybe, he doesn’t hate working there that much, after all.

 

 

-

 

 

“Why your four-years-old daughter is coming along on Saturday night again?”

 

Chanyeol does nothing more than sigh. “You know, Baekhyun, my answer won’t change just because you ask this question every ing time.”

“And we may point out.” Jongdae supplies “Every.ing.Time.”

“What’s your problem anyway?” Chanyeol shrugs, while his sister finally takes Yuna by the hand after preparations are over “I thought you said Yuna is a good bait, and now I do have a boyfriend.” 

 

Baekhyun has to consider his words before he rolls his eyes anyway. “While you’re too busy playing lovey-dovey with your little sunshine, as you call him, who do you think will look after her?”

 

“Luhan-oppa and Kyungsoo-oppa.” Yuna intervenes helpfully, loud and clear from her position on the bed, and it brings the others to send Baekhyun a challenging look. The little girl takes a breath before she sets dreamy eyes on the ceiling, “They are the most adorable thing ever.”

 

The statement actually makes Chanyeol pout for a while, defeated, but Jongdae pats his back and he knows he can’t help it. Yuna is jealous of him, even if just innocently, and no one can do anything to change that. 

 

Now that Sehun’s mother knows about both her sons’ relationships and Kyungsoo and him are practically part of the family, the fact that Luhan has offered him a job in his clinic has changed lots of things for the better. He has a stable job and his entire family, Yuna included, have benefited from the big news. Luhan is also a perfect boss as he’s a perfect brother-in-law, and Chanyeol thinks just the end of the previous year he had thought of being hopeless while now he feels like the luckiest, happiest boy ever. 

 

Sehun is the reason to that all, and he wishes Yuna could see that, too.

 

Since he can’t really control his daughter’s already independent, too independent mind, Chanyeol simply makes sure to let his love for Sehun show in all its depth and beauty everyday, because he wants to, because Sehun deserves every of that, and because he hopes with time, Yuna will be able to see it, too. 

 

That night, Yunho and the band, with his original members, are taking a little concert at Chanyeol’s father’s live restaurant and there’s when the group of friends eagerly decide to go. Needless to say, Yunho feels more than happily surprised when he sees Chanyeol approaching him discreetly backstage to exchange some private words, because the young boy gives him sweet news. 

 

Late into the night already, in fact, Sehun and the others are puzzled to see Chanyeol suddenly leaving Yuna carefully onto Kyungsoo’s lap to reach the stage and take a guitar in hands, a bashful smile gracing his face as he greets everyone in his deep, sweet voice. His eyes, though, set on Sehun.

 

“I don’t usually do such things but tonight I want to.. sing for you, Sehun, just as another mean for me say, I love you.” 

 

Sehun’s heart jumps in his throat and is not because everyone is now looking at him in awe, their friends probably speculating about his already glassy eyes or Chanyeol’s shaking voice and Chanyeol’s mother surely flailing over their cuteness with her defeated husband. 

 

The notes to “Wonderful Tonight” start filling the air and it’s a throwback in time, the feelings and the emotions unchanged, and it takes both Sehun and Chayeol aback to think of how fatal that day in Yunho’s garage has been. 

Chanyeol sings sweetly and honestly, making Sehun fall in love just a bit more as their eyes can’t stop mirroring each other even though there’s a whole world moving around them.

 

A little tug on his pants steals Sehun’s attention, though, and it’s Yuna, watching up at him with big eyes that are somehow speaking louder than the music. Sehun hurries to lift her up and make her sit on his lap, confused even though happy she’s come to him, to stay in his arms for once. Yuna looks slightly touched, her lips slightly trembling, and Sehun pats her cheek sweetly as to question the problem when she suddenly hugs him, so tight and unexpected even Chanyeol, from the stage, forgets a few verses at the sight. 

 

The little girl cuddles to Sehun like she’s always belonged there and seeing that, Chanyeol goes back singing with unexplainable emotions spreading inside him. 

 

He locks eyes with Sehun and they both can’t help a smile, Yuna and everyone witnessing with silent support as the soundtrack to their love story slowly comes to an end. 

 

Chanyeol was Yuna’s prince and that couldn’t change, but how couldn’t she be happy to share him with Oh Sehun?