"Do I look okay?"

Daddy is my Prince

This is somehow based on the lovestory beween my father and his wife. After 15 years, their love is still a source of inspiration for me.

 

 

Daddy is my prince

 

“Just tell me why your three-years-old daughter is coming along on Saturday night again?”

 

Park Chanyeol rolls his eyes patiently as his best friend, Byun Baekhyun, asks that question for the eighth time since that morning. He shrugs and takes the street for his parents’ house, smirking as the curve makes Baekhyun smudge the eye-liner he was busy applying. “Ya!”

“You know Jongdae and Kyungsoo loves Yuna and-“

“Jongdae loves Yuna and Yuna loves Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun corrects immediately, but only after having slapped Chanyeol’s head “Kyungsoo doesn’t like anyone.”

 

Chanyeol shrugs again and grins as his familiar building appears in front of his eyes. “They like going out with Yuna, I don’t know what your problem is.”

“I have no problems.” Baekhyun says, raising a knowing brow while tugging Chanyeol’s arm with a fingertip “You have a problem, big puppy.”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t mind his words until his ruined, old car is safely parked and both him and Baekhyun are walking to the entrance of his place. “Why, exactly?” 

The horrified look Baekhyun sends him makes him shiver a bit. “Chanyeol, seriously? A little cute girl is a great bait for Jongdae or me but you? Who would want to date a 22-years-old, unemployed father?” 

 

Chanyeol pouts, taken aback at first, before he gains his confidence back and flashes Baekhyun a little annoyed look. “One, I’m not unemployed.”

“The side work at your father’s restaurant doesn’t count.”

“Two,” Chanyeol raises his voice loud enough to make Baekhyun shut up “I’m not in search of any love story.”

 

Baekhyn keeps on following him with judging eyes, hurrying to keep the pace of considerably longer legs crossing the stairs three steps at time before they are standing outside Chanyeol’s apartment’ door and he can finally ask, although breathless. “Seriously?”

Ignoring him in a way only Kyungsoo could have taught him, Chanyeol brings them inside the little place while announcing their arrival with a loud ‘Where’s my princess?’ that causes a loud scream of joy to break out from the kitchen. 

 

A moment later a little figure is jumping in Chanyeol’s arms, and Baekhyun can’t help a smile as he sees Yuna, his best friend’s little daughter, suffocating her father with her short, slightly chubby arms. She looks like Chanyeol in everything, from the cute shape of her eyes to the unique way her lips curve into a smile, and the funny ears are just exactly like her father’s ones. She has taken the delicate nose from her mother, though, and the fairer tone of skin as well. Apart from those little details, Park Yuna is Park Chanyeol with longer straight hair and some good 90 cm less.

 

“My prince! You’re late.” 

 

Chanyeol steals a kiss from his daughter’s lips before they both chuckle and Baekhyun whistles, shifting his gaze as he feels their eyes finding him immediately. 

 

“Oppa, you were late again.”

“Actually,” Baekhyun says while starting to push the little girl across the apartment’s hallway “We are late, and you still hadn’t had your pony-tales done and Kyungs-“

 

As on clue, and with a frightening accuracy, Chanyeol’s phone rings with the never so special ‘Addams Family OST‘ ringtone which had been specifically set for Do Kyungsoo and him only. The three of them pale, Yuna included, and immediately run to the bathroom to finish preparations for the night while messily greeting Chanyeol’s parents in the process. 

 

“Kyungsoo is going to kill them.” Chanyeol’s mother comments a moment later, shrugging as her husband chuckles and then says, “We all know only Baekhhyun will be blamed, eventually.” 

And his wife sighs, highly amused. “Poor soul.”

 

-

 

Chanyeol still thinks Saturday nights with Yuna are the best, and all the people in the places they decide to spend the night in always seem to agree. Luckily for both him and his ex-girlfriend Seonmi, Yuna is an extremely adorable and easy-going little girl who always manages to put herself at ease in every occasion, effortlessly stealing people’s hearts with cute remarks and blinding smiles, so Chanyeol still can’t see Baekhyun’s point. He has had a kid from a girl he didn’t even like that much - he refused to call his little angel a mistake - so of course he couldn’t care less of finding someone now. 

 

He always thought he would have met his other half when it was the right time to, although Jongdae and Baekhyun never really let this excuse easily pass after four dates ruined at the solely mention of Yuna. He was a teen-dad, that was it, he couldn’t deny it to get some girl to date him thoughtlessly. 

 

He shakes such thoughts off from his mind as he drives to his old friend Yunho, a dear friend of his parents, for the second week of general practice he was making with the man and his band. He had loved the idea since Yunho offered him to become their guitarist, after the previous one had renounced because of his wife’s pregnancy, not because it would have paid or led Chanyeol to a bright future in the music field, but simply because Chanyeol loved music and he always considered it the best anti-stress ever. Yunho had given him a healthy way to space out from the hardship of being a 22-years-old father, and Chanyeol wanted to give his best. 

 

He also likes Yunho and the others a lot, despite them being all older of some considerable 15/20 years, and he has sometimes taken Yuna along, too. He liked the idea of his daughter being educated to good music since a young age, but she still asked them to play the Teletubbies theme song sometimes so maybe it was a bit too soon for her.

 

This time around, in fact, he doesn’t take the child along. Yunho’s household is located into a little private park not far away from Chanyeol’s parents’ apartment, and Chanyeol still can’t help feeling inappropriate every time he enters the beautiful, fine area with his old scrap and has to park it outside Yunho’s beautiful three-floors villa. 

 

The feeling passes, however, as soon as Yunho welcomes him in his garage/practice room with those wide and kind smiles that Chanyeol has always loved, and from then on they transform into a couple of old buddies.

 

Chanyeol loves it, he loves music.

 

 

-

 

 

“If Yunho is once again making that hell of a mess in his garage, I swear today is the day I’ll kill him.”

 

Oh Sehun feels a shiver of horror running down his spine as his mother hisses darkly besides him, in the car, with her severe expression fixed on the moving outside.

 

It was Monday, though, and Sehun well knows Mondays are Yunho’s practice days together with Fridays and, at times, Wednesdays. It had never been a problem, Yunho having created his band since Sehun can remember, but it has recently become as his mother’s job at the Hospital has been giving her hell, more than usual, at the point that the woman had become less comprehensive than ever. 

 

Sehun foresees troubles. 

 

As on clue, the loud roar of Yunho’s band’s music coming out from the man’s garage, the one immediately adjacent to his mother’s one, hits them as soon as Sehun parks his car. The boy sees his mother clenching her fists, her headache pulsing dangerously and visibly as her face darkens, and immediately follows as she walks to the garage with hurried steps.

 

“Mom, wait. Let me go instead, the music could-“

“Shut up.” his mother interrupts immediately, firm as only a Head of Surgery could be, and Sehun freezes. He attempts to stop his hurricane a few other times, in vain, but a minute later his mother has already stormed inside the loud room with such violence the band immediately stops playing. 

 

“ing Jung Yungo, I swear if you don’t stop playing those damn drums immediately I’ll break a cymbal on your little head.”  

 

Sehun can nothing but bury his red, highly embarrassed face in his palms at the horrible explosion, so mortified at the scene he would like the ground to open beneath him. His mother fumes with anger, everyone can clearly sees it and yet, Yunho just bursts out laughing from his position before standing up and going to pull Oh Minah in a friendly hug.

 

“My God, bad day, ajumma?” 

 

Sehun bites his upper lips and oh, the slap that follows just echoes in the huge garage like not even the music before was doing. He will never understand why Yunho likes to joke around his mother so much, no one likes to joke around his mother.. his mother never jokes, full stop. 

 

“You’re actually managing to make it even worse.” he hears the severe voice saying, then Yunho chuckles again “Why are you laughing, for God’s sake?”

Sehun would like to know, too, but since Yunho’s mind was even more of a mystery than his mother’s, he opts for just freeing his face from his hands to start apologizing to the other, innocent members of the band who are staring at them wide-eyed. 

 

He smiles bashfully at the singer and the bassist, whom he has been knowing since he was a kid, but then frowns as he sees the guitarist is not the old bald man he well remembers. A moment later, Oh Sehun is blushing like he hasn’t done in years. 

 

The guitarist is definitely not the usual old bald man, but instead a young, gorgeous boy with lost puppy eyes gracing a cute face. He has a long, skinny body, and looks just so y like that, holding a guitar in tight pants and sporting a tousled, neat hairstyle who makes him appear like a cute yet y boy next door. 

 

If said boy hadn’t found Sehun’s eyes on him and blushed, offering a shy gummy smile, Sehun would have probably stared long enough to consume him. 

 

Meanwhile, Yunho has soften his mother quickly enough to get her into greetings and - how long has him been staring, seriously? - convinced her to stay for a tea and a little performance from his talented newcomer. 

 

“Chanyeol, come here, let me introduce you to this dear friend of mine.” 

 

Chanyeol startles, but moves, posing his guitar to the side and then hurrying to reach Yunho to shake Oh Minah’s hand with a polite smile. 

“He’s the son of some old friends, now big and extremely talented, Park Chanyeol.” Yunho says with a proud smile “Chayeol, this is Oh Minah, Head of Surgery department, kindly nicknamed Oh Hitler from his unlucky acquaintances, and this is her younger son, Sehun.”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun’s eyes meet again as they shake hands, bashful expressions gracing both their faces at the point they don’t manage to hold their gazes. Yunho is still patting Chanyeol’s back meanwhile, while Sehun’s mother is shooting Chanyeol a careful look with a smile curving her red lips. 

 

“You look gorgeous, such a nice guy.” she compliments, honest, and Sehun finds himself surprised while Chanyeol blushes. His mother is not the type to like people at first sight, or second, or third, but she sounds sincere now. He eyes Chanyeol again, seeing Yunho giggling besides him, shorter of some five-six centimeters and that was a lot. Chanyeol was a giant, and Sehun feels smaller even if he had been taller than Yunho since his nineteens. 

 

“Come on, Chanyeolie, sing something for our guests so Minah won’t feel the urge to kick us out from our own practice room anymore.” 

Chanyeol shakes his head, while the other members of the band start inciting him and Oh Minah slaps Yunho’s head just one other time. “Your practice room, as you call it, makes my entire house shake. But I’m curious, now, you can go ahead singing, Chanyeol-sshi.”

 

“Uhm, I.. I don’t know..” Chanyeol trails off, and Sehun can tell he is sincerely embarrassed. As the bassist starts calling him back to decide what to play, his mother incites Chanyeol with a severe ‘Come on, boy, have some brain. I’ve already told you I like you, haven’t I?’ that makes everyone shiver.

“I’d go, if I were you.” 

 

Chanyeol brings his big, lost eyes at Sehun at those words, finding the boy already holding his head down after having let out the carefree words. Sehun only lifts his gaze up again when he hears some steps and Chanyeol can be seen back in his position, guitar in arms, a mic ready in front of his face.

 

“I’ll.. perform ‘Beautiful Tonight’ by Eric Clapton.” Chanyeol announces, a flushed smile gracing his lips, and Sehun’s mother beams excitedly at the choice from her position besides her frozen son. 

 

Chanyeol starts the song with some melodious strings on his guitar, eyes fluttering closed as the music fills the space and Yunho and the others gently play their instruments accordingly. 

Sehun swallows as a warm, deep voice rings through his whole, unprepared body. 

 

It’s late in the evening; she’s wondering what clothes to wear

She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair

And then she asks me, “Do I look alright?”

And I say

 

Chanyeol’s eyes open as he sings through the verse and finds Sehun standing there, looking at him and stealing his breath away with only a natural blink of his eyes.

 

“Yes, you look wonderful tonight.” 

 

He plays his guitar, thoughtlessly, feeling the meaning of the song running through his veins as the most beautiful thing he has ever seen makes the whole world around him become superfluous. Before he can even realize it, he finds himself serenading Oh Sehun all through the performance, hands slightly shaking and heart beating crazily when he understands Sehun has understood. 

 

The bright, uncontrollable flush blossoming on Sehun’s fair skin and the smile he doesn’t manage to hold back as Chanyeol tells him he looks wonderful tonight just one other time prove it, and it makes Chanyeol want to repeat that verse to infinity. 

 

When the song ends, Chanyeol finds himself brought back to earth harshly, Yunho jumping on his back proudly and Sehun’s mother clapping with a surprising sincerity, because all he suddenly wants to do is go to Sehun and ask him whatever: his age, his favorite color, if he would like some coffee, only to make sure his time with the boy had not come to an end yet. 

 

“You’re seriously good, big boy. That was beautiful.” Oh Minah compliments, unable to hold back a soft smile for Chanyeol’s genuine expression, and the boy blushes as his eyes locks with Sehun’s just one other time. The woman frowns curiously as she notices their gazes, “But I’m still worn out by work so I have to ask you to stop for today, is that okay?” 

 

Yunho can’t help but nod, still happy he got to show off Chanyeol’s talent just as he is happy he has once again managed to melt Oh Hitler down a bit, but before he can say anything the woman speaks up again, eyes studying Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

“You two look about the same age. How old are you, Chanyeol-sshi?”

Chanyeol trails off for a moment, gasping at the unexpected question arriving when he was too busy drowning in Sehun’s unreal features. He blushes when Sehun himself chuckles and says, “I’m 21.”

“22.” he finally remembers, smiling embarrassedly, and Oh Minah beams.

 

“That’s amazing. You could go eating something together.” 

 

Sehun reaches Chanyeol’s colors at those totally unexpected words, flashing his happy mother a bewildered look. Yunho pats Chanyeol’s back before the boy can protest and a moment later, the two older push them out of the garage.

They look down as they walk, Sehun taking his arms to his chest, Chanyeol’s shoving his hands inside his pockets, both unable to formulate a sentence. 

 

They are near Chanyeol’s car when they first look at each other again, and Chanyeol feels like dying as he sees Sehun’s own car, a beautiful Audi A1 Chanyeol couldn’t have afforded even after a year at his family’s restaurant, probably. To his surprise, Sehun is smiling a moment later.

 

“We could just.. walk outside the park. There’s a fried-chicken stand hereabout and.. do you like chicken?”

“Love it.” Chanyeol rushes, loving the way they are suddenly chuckling together. Sehun places himself by his side and offers a sheepish smile, each of his movements delicate and mesmerizing enough for Chanyeol to feel blank and bereaved of any IQ. He finds himself following Sehun’s lead thoughtlessly, taking a moment to wonder just what had happened to the boy who wasn’t in need of love stories who had laughed at Baekhyun’s comments until the day before.

 

Baekhyun. Chanyeol feels the horrible urge to call him, as panicked as he is feeling and meanwhile, Sehun walks with the grace of a ballerina, face unperturbed by the cold weather and eyes glittering at the streetlights. His hair, Chanyeol notices, looks as soft as his fair skin. Sehun looks unreal, ethereal, he is at a loss for words.

 

“You are really good at.. you know.” Sehun begins but fails, shrugging and sending Chanyeol a sorry smile as he closes in his shoulders more. Chanyeol comes back to earth, even if he doesn’t know for how long he will be able to stay, and chuckles. “Thank you, whatever it was.” 

 

The close memory of the song Chanyeol has sung back inside, for some reason, hits them both at the same time and sends a shiver down their spines. Chanyeol can’t shake off the feeling that he had been obviously serenading this beautiful stranger while singing, and it makes him nervous because Sehun didn’t look perturbed. If he wasn’t such a shy person, he would have said Sehun had enjoyed.

 

“So, what is there to know about you, apart from the fact that you love music and you managed to make my mother fall in love instantly? Which, let me tell you, is pretty damn impressive.”

Chanyeol giggles, the compliment making him unexplainably happy, and shrugs at Sehun as the younger sets curious eyes on him. “Not much, actually. I’m just an ordinary boy.”

“That’s it?” says Sehun, offering a smirk as they have already reached the stand. They order their things quickly, both surprisingly sure of what to take, and Chanyeol follows quietly when Sehun asks to follow to a little square a few steps away. 

 

“What’s there to know about you, instead?” Chanyeol asks when they’re both sit down on a bench, the cold making him slightly shiver although Sehun looks unperturbed, eating his chicken wings calmly. 

“Me? Well, I major in Psychology and you’ve already met my mother.. I like pop music and I love eating. Legit summary.” 

“Good.” Chanyeol hums “Pop Music, though?”

 

Sehun hides a giggle behind a piece of chicken, the sound friendly and extremely natural it takes Chanyeol aback. “Don’t judge me, I like things that are fun, but I love music in general.” 

“That sounds better.” 

 

They consume the supposedly dinner in a comfortable atmosphere, Sehun asking Chanyeol about his life and Chanyeol surprisingly not seeming too embarrassed to answer. Sehun looks easy to be around with, despite his mother being a surgeon and him being a college student coming from an obviously rich family, and that puts him at ease. 

 

The more he observes Sehun eating, hiding sheepish smiles and asking things in a natural yet gentle way, the more Chanyeol thinks this boy really looks wonderful, the more he likes him a the point he would like that night not to end. 

 

Sehun eyes him curiously as they walk back to the private park, noticing it’s been a few since Chanyeol has kind of drifted into deep thinking. 

“Are you okay?” 

 

Chanyeol gets startled for a moment, as he hears the cautious question, and his conversations with Baekhyun start tormenting him until he falls stupidly silent in front of Sehun’s frowned expression for long enough to make the younger boy wave a hand in front of his eyes. 

 

“Who would want to date a 22-years-old, unemployed father?”

 

The coincidence is astonishing, and Chanyeol thinks he hates Baekhyun more than usual now. 

If anything, he blushes because he has really thought of dating a boy he has been knowing for a hour maybe. A Boy

 

“Sehun, I.. have to tell you something.” he arches a brow, embarrassed by his own uncertain voice, but gains courage as Sehun hums calmly “I know you’ll probably think I’m crazy to bring this up now, but-“

“I like crazy people. I major in Psychology, remember?”

“Right,” Chanyeol can’t help a nervous chuckle “It’s just that my past experiences taught me I should be honest since the start and I.. think I like you a bit.”

“Wait.” Sehun says, widening his eyes just enough to make Chanyeol freeze in fright “You’re a drug dealer, aren’t you? I knew it, too neat to be true.”

 

Chanyeol stares, for long, until the words really hit him and he stops Sehun’s senseless blabbering with a firm shake of his head. “No, what the hell, I’m not a drug dealer. I’m a father.”

 

And it’s Sehun’s turn to stare now, for long enough to make Chanyeol freeze in fright once again, and he feels extremely stupid to have really brought that up already. After a blink, Sehun speaks, “Father..? So you have like, a kid?” 

As Chanyeol slowly nods, already picturing Sehun walking away at that realization just like the girls he has previously tried to date, the younger boy arches a brow.

“I don’t like kids. I mean, I’ve never really liked them even though they usually like me, one point for them, because I find them a bit.. gross.”

 

Chanyeol is so shocked to see Sehun’s seriously pondering in front of his eyes that doesn’t really catch the gross part. “You’re not freaking out.” 

 

Noticing the surprise and the light hope plastered on the handsome face of the older, Sehun feels something inside him melt. He admits he is not freaking out, even to himself, because Chanyeol had looked flawless in everything he had done since Sehun had met him: flawless with a guitar in hand, flawless with a mic standing few centimeters from his face, flawless while eating chicken, so who knows. He could look flawless with a kid in his arms, too.

 

Sehun realizes how dangerously lost he is already, to formulate such thoughts, but he still can’t help a smile.

 

“Do you want to come home for a while, so you can tell me why the hell you have a kid at 22?”

 

Chanyeol follows with an irrationally happy feeling flowing in his veins. Sehun takes his wrist to lead him to his apartment, located on the second-last floor of the building immediately opposite to Oh Minah and Yunho’s households. The building is pretty and modern and as Sehun walks him inside his apartment, Chanyeol notices the place is just as pretty, spacious and perfectly furnished for a boy of Sehun’s age.

 

“You live here.. alone?” 

Sehun removes his coat, inviting Chanyeol to do the same so they can put themselves at ease in the dining room. “Well, my mother is pretty young, you know. Just because she didn’t spare any other man a look since my father’s death, it doesn’t mean things couldn’t happen. And it would be strange, with her sons at home.” 

Chanyeol closes his mouth in a tight line, taken aback by the simplicity with which Sehun has let out those words. As he could read his mind,  Sehun smiles. “Don’t worry about that, happened a long ago. He just went to bed and didn’t wake up.. it’s in the past.”

With a calm look, Sehun invites Chanyeol to follow in the kitchen to grab something to drink. Chanyeol decides to believe his words, obviously having no right to say otherwise, and smiles too.

“Doesn’t it feel lonely, in such a big apartment, all alone? I am 22 and I still live in a small apartment with my father, mother, older sister and, four days a week, daughter.”

“Oh, it’s a she, then.” Sehun grins, arching a brow as a request for Chanyeol to elaborate. 

Chanyeol hums, the only thought of Yuna making him beam. “It’s a she. Yuna. She’s turning four in April.” 

“I was born in April, too.” Sehun says “That must be a positive thing.”

 

The sentence makes them both smile sheepishly, Chanyeol especially, as it holds a little promise for more that leaves them anticipating. 

 

“Anyway,” Sehun starts, shrugging to change the topic “Sometimes it’s really lonely, here, but sometimes it’s just okay. My mother lives a few steps away and my older brother is upstairs, so.”

“Really?” 

 

Sehun nods and invites to follow him outside his large balcony. “You can’t really see it from here but my brother’s house takes the entire floor. Of course the bigger apartment went to him, with the 180 square meters terrace and the three bedrooms and so on.”

“Of course, why?” Chanyeol asks with amusement, noticing the clear annoyed yet absolutely defeated tone in Sehun’s voice as he speaks. He sees Sehun shrugging with nonchalance.

“My brother is just.. flawless, you know? Always the good kid, smart, pretty, easy-going, impossible to dislike. And he’s older so I guess it’s okay the terrace went to him. He’s always here trying to get me into video games while I study, anyway.”

“Sounds like a great older brother.” grins Chanyeol, and Sehun has to nod “It also sounds like you’ve a bit of brother complex.”

 

Sehun immediately sends him a little glare, pushing him back inside and trying to let out his ‘Do not mess with me’ gaze that obviously doesn’t reach Chanyeol’s giggling self at all. 

 

“It’s okay, I have a brother complex with my older sister, too.”

“Well, that’s gross.” 

Chanyeol pouts, childishly offended, and makes a face so impossibly cute Sehun finds the fact that he is a father hard to believe for a moment. 

“She’s amazing, helps my parents in our little restaurants and works as a reporter for CBS, too. Oh, and she is practically me with longer hair, which gives her points.”

 

The proudness with which Chanyeol announces his sister’s facts is so genuine Sehun feels stuck, but he also can’t help a small laugh as the last sentence hits him and he sees Chanyeol looking at him expectantly. “I hope you’re kidding.”

Faking offense, Chanyeol takes out his wallet in which, apparently, he holds a photo of his sister, to show it to Sehun.

 

“Wow, you weren’t kidding.” Sehun widens his eyes “She’s of course prettier but.. if you lived in the 70’s people wouldn’t have been able to tell you apart.”

With a small chuckle, Chanyeol nods. “I hear that a lot. Not the 70’s part, but still.” he proceeds with taking another photo, of his little Yuna this time, and proudly shows it to Sehun for how strange it felt to do such a thing. He sees the younger’s features melting at his baby’s sight, and it makes him float on air inside.

 

“She’s also identical to you. Which is somehow positive, strangely.”

“You’re so mean.” Chanyeol mumbles as he puts photos and wallet away and Sehun flashes him a proud grin. Comfortable at the natural atmosphere that has created between them even after his stupid, stuttering and unjustified pseudo-confession after-chicken, the older boy leans comfortably on Sehun’s couch and spends the rest of the night talking about his story, which Sehun listens to with very deep eyes all through. 

 

When he leaves to go taking his guitar back from Yunho’s garage and head home, Chanyeol leaves with Sehun’s number and a promise of hearing from each other soon.

 

The first thing Chanyeol does instead of heading home, however, is to go letting all his unexplainable joy explode in front of Baekhyun. He finds the boy in his pajamas already, and only receive a clamorous slap on his arm because after his story because ‘You’ve dared coming here at this hour without even a photo of this freak who apparently likes you back?’. Chanyeol knows he doesn’t deserve it, but he also knows Baekhyun feels -hurt at having guessed things wrong about his dates, so he lets go.

 

 

-

 

 

The accuracy with which Luhan manages to show up at his place as soon as Sehun opens his books to study is always impossibly astonishing.

 

With a wide grin worth his childish personality, Luhan jumps on his shoulders to invite him to play the newest Fifa together with zero respect for Sehun’s upcoming exam. Luhan has graduated since a few years now, in Psychology as well, and already owns a guest-house for mentally ill people at the age of 25 so of course he could be much thoughtless than Sehun. Their mother had helped Luhan in initiating his activity with her proudest support, Luhan being the flawless son since he the day he was born, and although Sehun knew his older brother deserved all of his success, he still couldn’t understand how Luhan could be so smart and yet so impossibly dumb.

 

“Hell hyung, don’t you see I’m trying to study?” 

“But Sehun!” Luhan protests “It’s 6PM! It’s not time for studying.”

With a soft sigh, Sehun turns to face him. “Tell me then, when is the time for studying, in your smart opinion?”

 

Luhan pulls off a thoughtful expression, lips pouting and eyes fixing on Sehun’s enormous books before he shrugs, “Not 6PM, for sure.”

Sehun groans, starting to shoo him away at his best and only managing to get Luhan to take a seat on the chair exactly opposite to his. It couldn’t have gone worse, because Luhan usually has problems in staying still when he is bored, and his favorite hobby during those times is to stare at Sehun so intensely the younger boy ends up feeling the urge to shoot him flaming arrows. Worst part? Luhan easily manages to read Sehun’s most honest thoughts during those stares, without even needing to look into his eyes.

 

“What have you done yesterday?” comes the anticipated question because honestly, Sehun just knew they would have ended up there.

“Nothing.” he still tries.

Luhan arches a brow. “Nothing like you’ve done nothing or nothing like you don’t want to tell me?”

“Should this matter?” Sehun remarks, annoyed “You would make me speak up anyway.”

 

With a proud click of his tongue, Luhan winks beamingly. That’s how people could see he was the older, because even if he wanted to, Sehun just couldn’t tell him no.

 

Defeated, Sehun tells Luhan before Luhan could guess. “I think I met someone.”

 

At first, the look Luhan sets on him is shocked, almost alarmed but after a short moment, the older is beaming happily. With a jump he sets himself on Sehun’s lap, making the younger but taller boy groan, and starts shaking him by the arm.

“Who? When, where, why, how.”

“Stop it, hyung, I’ve already told you enough.”

Letting out a disapproving sound, Luhan shakes his head carefully. “Answer, Sehunie. It’s been so long since you’ve last liked someone.”

“Look who’s talking.”

“You would do the same if it was me meeting someone!” Luhan protests, cheeks flushed at Sehun’s sneaky comment, and Sehun frowns.

“I wouldn’t.”

“You would.”

“I wouldn’t.”

“Sehun.” Luhan warns “Tell me.”

 

Rolling his eyes, Sehun pushes him away from his lap and stands up to seek for shelter in the kitchen. “You would just go straight to mom, hyung, so no.”

Luhan follows carefully, crossing arms at his chest in a way Sehun knows brings trouble. “You don’t want mom to know?”

Weary, Sehun shakes his head. “No, it’s just that-“

“Mom knows this someone.”

 

Sehun freezes, so damn busted Luhan starts letting out little evil sounds and damn him and his superiority.

 

When Luhan walks to him with his trademark invincible expression, pretty, confident features meeting Sehun’s thin eyes, he wraps an arm around his shoulders and Sehun knows he can’t escape. 

 

Half an hour later, Luhan knows everything about Park Chanyeol. 

 

 

-

 

 

Sehun contacts Chanyeol on Friday, absolutely uncaring of theories about waiting and not going too fast with someone you barely know because in all honesty, after Chanyeol’s serenade and half-confession he doesn’t think there’s nothing to wait for. They like each other, obviously, and it also seems like it hasn’t happened in a while to both of them. 

 

Chanyeol spends the week torturing himself with Sehun’s number being the only thing he stares at for a ridiculous amount of time, and it doesn’t help that he asks his parents what would they do if he really started dating a guy only to receive a “We only want you to be happy” as the answer. It seems like he has no excuses not to call Sehun, and yet he’s being a coward - probably, the fact that his friends are mocking him for having confessed after barely a hour doesn’t help  -.

 

Thank God Sehun is the kind of person who acts with no hesitations to get what he wants and, apparently, Chanyeol is one of these things. The older boy’s doubts are cut off by a very unexpected call on Friday afternoon.

 

“Will you come playing at Yunho-hyung’s place today?” 

Blushing like a silly happy girl, Chanyeol nods although Sehun can’t see him. Jongdae secretly films the scene with his phone “Yes.. I’ll come.”

“Great, dinner after that?” 

 

And Chanyeol thinks that wow, Sehun may really be the one of his life, everything he isn’t, the perfect other half for his shy and silly self. He accepts more than eagerly, chuckling when Sehun warns that his older brother is surely going to show up and he should be ready.

 

“I’ve survived your mother, haven’t I?”

“Oh, my mother has nothing on Luhan-hyung. You’ll see.” 

 

Chanyeol is left perplexed, if only because he doesn’t understand how someone can be scarier than some other nicknamed Hitler. 

 

He discovers in Yunho’s garage, a few hours later. 

 

They are getting ready for practice and Yunho is enthusiastically telling everyone about a new song he has created the previous night, that he would like to perform for them that day, when something like an ethereal figure enters from the internal door of the garage with a tray in hands and cups of tea for everyone. Chanyeol stares for something like two, three minutes to realize it is really a person, then the person sides him in a flash, hand stretched.

 

“Hi, I’m Luhan, Sehun’s older brother.” Luhan greets with his wide, blinding smile, one of those ‘I know I’m pretty’ smiles he knows can make people fall at his feet miserably, “You must be Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol startles at the hand that goes wrapping around his, smiling stupidly. Luhan is just trying too hard to impress him and he could have done it by standing still already. 

“Nice to meet you.” Chanyeol manages to say, nodding. Luhan takes a moment to study his entire figure before opening up into another glowing smile and asking for his help to give everyone his tea. Chanyeo follows like a robot, highly confused. 

“Sehun has told me about you.” Luhan beams, eyes blinking and smile friendly that, together with his words, make Chanyeol become of a fire red “So cute, you shouldn’t blush at your age, you know?” 

 

“Hyung, leave him alone.” Sehun pops out of nowhere, literally, and makes Chanyeol jump at only hearing his voice. The youngest eyes his brother darkly as it was obvious Luhan was being his usual all-over-the-place self, but then smiles sheepishly as he sees Chanyeol literally brightening up at his sight. He notices, hell if he does. 

 

Luhan watches them with a smirk as wide as a rainbow.

 

After a little, deep exchange of eye-smiles with Chanyeol, Sehun hurries to shoot his brother a glare and takes his cup of tea, shooing Luhan away and taking Chanyeol’s arm to walk to a quieter corner of the garage before Yunho decides to get started. 

 

“Really, I’m sorry. Remember when you told me about your daughter and you feared I could have freaked out?”

“Yes?”

“Well, my brother is essentially as worth freaking out.”

 

Chanyeol can’t help a low laugh at the sight of Sehun’s serious expression and meanwhile, he feels a funny feeling at the pit of his stomach because now that he thinks about it, Sehun has told his brother about him. 

 

“As you see, I’m not freaking out, either.” he announces, smiling a calm smile at Sehun “Besides, I think your brother is.. cute?”

“Of course you do. Because he is a charmer and he worked you out already.” Sehun sighs helplessly, so used to that happening he doesn’t even manage to find it annoying anymore. Luhan never has bad intentions after all, he is just an embarrassing older brother with a charming everything who likes to tease Sehun endlessly. No one escapes Luhan.

Chanyeol touches his neck in distress, “Have you seen him? I mean..”

“I know what you mean.” Sehun sighs, defeated yet amused to notice how Luhan can always make people dumb “You still like me, don’t you? Want to change brother?”

“What? Oh no no no no.” 

 

It may be the way Sehun laughs, a hand going to cover his entire flushed face, or the fact that he realizes the emphasis of his words in delay, but Chanyeol ends up feeling like a real idiot a moment later. 

 

Welcome back in the world of crushes, Chanyeol tells himself. 

 

 

-

 

 

Luhan insists on keeping Chanyeol company as the boy waits for Sehun to get dressed for their dinner and only then Chanyeol understands what Sehun had meant by saying his brother was worse than his mother. 

 

They sit on Sehun’s couch and Luhan takes his chance to investigate about Chanyeol’s everything, from his date of birth to his favorite color to the reason why he like Sehun which is something Chanyeol hardly manages to answer. Yet, with that face beaming expectantly at his direction, he doesn’t manage to escape. That was the main issue. 

 

Luhan, on the other hand, seems satisfied with their conversation as time passes. He eyes Chanyeol with a genuine pleased expression when Chanyeol confesses he has just felt naturally attached to Sehun, and ends up sighing dreamily in the flushed boy direction.

 

“You know, love should never have a reason to be.” he tells Chanyeol, charming and hopefully helpful before he stands up and decides to leave the impossibly embarrassed boy alone. Chanyeol greets him with a bashful smile, if anything, because he may like Luhan a lot already. The older is so kind and has somehow managed to make him feel relaxed about his little, big crush on Oh Sehun. 

 

When said boy finally comes out from his room, dark tight jeans and a comfortable soft white sweater on, looking casual but effortlessly handsome, Chanyeol feels a bit too lucky being the one about to take him out for dinner. Or the other way around? He doesn’t really mind. 

 

“Do I look okay?” Sehun investigates, knowing that were no reasons to but still loving the enchanted gaze set on him. Surprisingly, Chanyeol decides to play it funnily and grins. “Yes, you look wonderful tonight.”

Sehun blushes, the lyrics of that song echoing in his mind like they were the only thing he could think of, and he hates it that he’s the embarrassed one now.

“You’re so cheesy.” 

 

That song would have become the soundtrack of their lives, it was just a matter of time. 

 

 

-

 

 

Their first kiss was nothing romantic like Chanyeol had wished for it to be. 

 

Despite the quickness of their acknowledging each other’s crush and the zero wasted time before their first date, both Chanyeol and Sehun had somehow mutually decided to take other things slowly. The truth was that both of them had been single and unexperienced for long and even when he had Seonmi, Chanyeol wasn’t much of a kisser or a lover in general. had just happened, totally unexpected, and it was awful and painful, he remembers, let alone the obvious turn of events after that. 

 

Luhan always said that Sehun was too full of himself to let people court him or acknowledge his interest for someone, despite his popularity with both es during high school and University. Things got worse when the younger brother decided to drown into studying to reach Luhan’s level. His immense interest for Chanyeol was shocking, for these reasons, but that didn’t mean Sehun still wasn’t a little bashful and Luhan liked to joke about that for how much of a little prude he had always been himself.

 

“You are not helping.” Sehun had scolded him on a Saturday night, after a beautiful, flawless date with his date and after the absence of a longed goodbye kiss, once again. Luhan chuckled, nodding all by himself and sending Sehun a knowing look. 

“No one can help, little brother. It’s not like you can ask people to teach you how to kiss.”

“But I want it to be okay.. Perfect.. unforgettable.”

“Pray it will be.” Luhan concluded unhelpfully, shrugging and then hurrying to send his annoyed brother a set of teasing glances. Sehun cursed mentally and wondered why he was letting Luhan do this to him and why he was thinking so much on something when, normally, he would have just gotten whatever he wanted effortlessly. 

 

It had become obvious that Chanyeol would have never initiated an intimate touch, not in that state of their relationship at least, because the older boy was impossibly naive and traumatized by his one and only ual experience to seek for such closeness carelessly now, and Sehun understands that. He still likes Chanyeol too much, and he wants Chanyeol to understand.

 

He got tired of that shy phase of their relationship when Chanyeol came picking him up with his little old car to go out for a movie date, cute like no one Sehun had ever seen. He felt happy he had already managed to get Chanyeol to ignore their financial differences, it made things easier and more enjoyable. 

Chanyeol greeted him with a kiss on his cheek, that night, and looked adorable in his beanie and big scarf. 

 

“Sehun, look.” the older called, showing Sehun a photo of what the boy discovered being Yuna in an adorable outfit, pink shirt with a red ribbon on on side paired up with a blue skirt. She looked beautiful, beaming at the camera with her long hair styled into a pony-tale and her wide gummy smile, so Chanyeol-like “She went to her first birthday-party today! Do you like her clothes? We bought them together yesterday.” 

 

Chanyeol looked genuinely excited, a bit too much probably, and Sehun loved everything about that.

 

“She’s beautiful.” he told the happy father with a soft smile and Chanyeol’s one reached his eyes, melting Sehun down like an ice-cube in a desert. “Chanyeol-hyung.” he called as the older put Yuna’s photo back in his wallet, and Chanyeol looked up “I want to kiss you.” 

 

Chanyeol coughed, so taken aback he risked to choke on his own saliva, and Sehun blushed for how much he found the sight entertaining. 

 

“I admit I’ve never done it and I don’t know how it will be, but I want to kiss you.” the younger stated, in that firm tone Chanyeol had gotten used to already, the one that admitted no objections. Sehun leaned closer to the stiff, taller boy and fixed his eyes on his lips “Can I?”

 

And it wasn’t romantic but it was perfect that way, with Sehun slowly and carefully moving against Chanyeol’s mouth and Chanyeol feeling his entire body going on fire at those new sensations. Kissing a guy was different and a bit strange, at first, but as Sehun brought his hand to his hair and pulled him closer to deepen the touch and start on his lower lip experimentally, it felt like the best thing ever. 

 

There would have been more romantic kisses, Chanyeol swore, but he loved their first one that way, rough and messy, passionate and hesitant, with Sehun’s taste making his mind blank. 

 

 

-

 

 

Their first time wasn’t romantic either, like, at all.

 

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo had been mocking Chanyeol for long, calling him a little and it was all so damn ironic.

Somewhere around Spring, however, it had become obvious that the one with issues regarding was Chanyeol, and not Sehun. Young, Sehun whose kisses had started feeling like an invitation to Hell for Chanyeol since a while now. 

 

The tall boy considered it wasn’t his fault, after all. He had never been that familiar with his body and his experience with Seonmi hadn’t helped. Sehun, on the other hand, was flawless and he knew he was.  

 

The younger boy had never been so before but it couldn’t been helped, with the gorgeous Chanyeol always claiming his lips in intense kisses, calling him his “boyfriend” and letting himself go at long, passionate making out sessions on Sehun’s bed whenever they could. 

 

Sehun had tried to transform one of those sessions in proper more than once, his love and trust towards Chanyeol being impossibly deep already, but for one reason or another, he always failed. Sometimes it was because Chanyeol didn’t get Sehun’s intentions, sometimes it was because the phone rang, sometimes it was Sehun’s mother showing up for this or that in he most inappropriate moments. 

 

Like now. 

 

Sehun knows his mother knows he’s a grown up boy who can do whatever he wants with his life, just as he knows the woman has always left both Luhan and him all the freedom they deserve. Yet, he also knows that Oh Minah can be an open-minded woman as she can be an old-fashioned one.

He still hasn’t told her about Chanyeol and he knows that if she finds them together before a proper coming-out, she would get angry and he doesn’t want that, not when she literally adores Chanyeol just as much as he does.

 

He is luckily dressed when the knocks arrive, loud and strong like they could only come from Oh Minah, and Sehun literally risks a heart-attack when he hears them and Chanyeol is experimentally running a hand down his sensible spine. He widens his eyes, pushing the older, confused boy down the bed and then sending him a horrified look.

 

“Hide, hyung.”

“What?” Chanyeol snaps his eyes open, massaging his sore after the collision with the floor, but Sehun’s look turns into a glare and he squirms, immediately running to hide in the boy’s large closet. 

 

Sehun hurries to open to his guest with glasses on and the hope there are no marks on his skin, for God’s sake. His mother doesn’t even greet him as she enters, walking directly to the kitchen with a bask of strawberries in hands.

 

“Strawberries in Winter?” Sehun asks, going to help “You could have called me to help, mom.”

“I did, but you didn’t pick up your phone.” the woman scolds, finally sparing him a glance “Were you sleeping?”

“Studying.” Sehun lies helpfully, and his mother hums in satisfaction. 

“Good, what were you studying about?” 

 

Sehun bites his lips because it’s always like this, when he lies, both with his mother and older brother. The three of them being psychologists, Sehun knows he can’t just lie with simplicity.

 

“Uhm, Freud and the ual pleasure in children.” he throws there, hiding a smirk at the half lie, and his mother raises a brow.

“Freud already?”

“I’m doing a personal research on my own.” 

 

The proud smile that forms on the woman’s lips even manages to make Sehun feel guilty. Oh Minah leaves him with an affectionate pat on his cheek and soft smile. “Luhanie is staying at work overnight.. you know he loves strawberries.” Which practically meant ‘cut strawberries and make him find a good milkshake when he gets back’. Sehun could do that.

He greets his mother goodnight with a kiss on her cheek and then runs to Chayeol’s shelter as the door closes behind her. He can’t help a loud laugh at finding Chanyeol all curled up in his closet with a kicked and scared puppy look on his face.

 

“What the hell are you laughing about?” the older asks, incredulous, and Sehun only pulls him back to his feet before eating him up in a sweet kiss. Chanyeol lets his skepticism melt down but still tickles Sehun’s sensible waist in revenge, then the younger bursts out laughing again. 

“Sehun!”

 

Sehun makes them fall back on his large bed, arms wrapped around Chanyeol’s neck, and lets Chanyeol torture him with his fingers and bites on his neck. When the older pouts and asks him why he had to hide, Sehun holds a smile and kisses the tip of his nose.

“I want mom to love you and finding us together at such a late hour wouldn’t have helped.”

Chanyeol considers, Sehun having a point, then chuckles and runs a finger down the younger boy’s fair cheek, now flushed at all the laughs. 

“You mean.. love me like you do?” he teases in a whisper, the words sill making him stupidly anticipating. Sehun doesn’t let him down, he never does. 

He pulls Chanyeol down for a new, hot kiss, letting his hands fly down to the older’s ones to hold tight. Chanyeol lets out a soft moan when Sehun bites on his upper lip and their hips meet in an instinctive . What the younger wants is obvious, now that his hands are on Chanyeol’s arms leaving intense, burning touches on their length, and Chanyeol feels his heart unprepared when he meets Sehun’s eyes and the desire held in them glows. 

 

“Sehun..” 

Sehun shuts him up with a peck on his lips and reverses their positions with a firm of his body. Chanyeol startles when the younger sits on his lap, hands resting on his chest and face pressing close to kiss him just one other time. Chanyeol feels trapped, in a trap he has waited to be caught his entire life.

 

“We’ve got a lifetime to make it perfect.” Sehun whispers on his lips, fingers ing Chanyeol’s shirt and making the older boy lose a breath “I just want you, now.” a soft smile and Chanyeol is gone “If you feel ready.” 

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know how it would be to feel ready but he supposes he is close to it, when Sehun leans down to kiss him softly and all he wants is to make love to him and hold him into his arms forever. 

 

Sehun reads his eyes and smiles, stealing another light kiss before finishing his job in undressing Chanyeol’s torso. 

 

It’s not romantic and for how magic love makes them feel all through their discovering each other’s bodies and sensible spots, they spend most of the night laughing at silly reactions or Chanyeol’s amusing attempts to replace the lube they lack. Their inexperience doesn’t make it last as long as their impossibly hilarious preliminaries but once they reach the edge, pleasure making them fall down on the mattress in exhaustion, they find each other’s eyes and smile. 

 

Chanyeol hugs Sehun tight, wondering who could have had a more perfect first time because he is sure they have but that was the best thing, being in that together. They love each other and that’s why, he thinks, even among all those laughs he doesn’t feel embarrassed one bit. 

The difference with his first time with Seonmi is astonishing. 

 

“I love you.” he whispers in Sehun’s ear when the younger smiley hugs his body and rests his head in the crook of his neck.

Sehun tenses for only a moment, letting the words reach his peaceful mind before he locks eyes with Chanyeol.

“I love you, too. I love your body and I love your smile. I love your ears, and your voice, I even want to love your daughter, Chanyeol-hyung. What have you done to me.”

 

Chanyeol imposes himself not to cry and kisses Sehun intensely not to. The younger boy smiles against his lips, sighing knowingly as he feels his chest shaking. 

 

Chanyeol had always thought he would have never loved anyone like he loved Yuna, but now it’s a close match.

 

Maybe their first time had been romantic, after all. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___

 

 

 

Beautiful Tonight by Eric Clepton, a masterpiece, here <3