Same Old, Same Old

Morning Train [HIATUS]

You look around; the train is not that full yet. It’s been a year since you moved out of your parent’s house, not like you had a fight with them, or you don’t speak with them anymore; it was time to grow up, it was time to try and face the world head on. So you did; you chose a random city, looked for a quite nice house for you to live and moved in.

“It’s not bad at all” your mum said “Has potential, just needs a little painting and some decorations for it to feel like a new home for me” you said as you opened your bedroom door so your mum and dad could see the paint that you bought. All your new furniture, which you bought with money that you saved from your part-time jobs and with a little help from your parents, was all wrapped in plastic; the floor was covered with pages from old magazines and newspapers, all set and ready to start painting.

Six hours later, the living room and the kitchen were painted; you and your mum were finishing painting your room, while your dad finished the bathroom. It wasn’t a really big house, it was big enough for a single person to live in and still spacious enough for you not to feel like you were inside a box. You loved the kitchen, from the kitchen you could look at the living room since both were connected, but you could still feel the difference between the rooms; it had red tiles covering the kitchen wall, but a modern feel with the fridge, the covers, and all that kitchen stuff, and you always liked that style, “Modern with a little street feel” you said to your parents as you laughed.

Even though six hours passed it’s still time for a late lunch break “Well, it’s 2:30pm should we go out for lunch while we wait for it to dry a little more?” you asked your parents “Ok, but we’ll leave the doors to the balcony open, just close the shutters, so nothing bad happens.” Your dad said, “We look all dirty, where are we going in this state?” your mum said looking at her clothes, “We don’t look that dirty” you rolled your eyes “and we can go to the restaurant in the next building, it’s a little family restaurant they won’t mind.”

“I’m sorry” you said while you bumped into someone because you were distracted while you were talking with your dad, “No problems…” the stranger said you quickly looked back, that voice caught your attention; it was deep, but smooth and young, it just got your attention so suddenly; but all you could see was his back. “Taller than me” you whispered laughing. Soon you reached the family restaurant and soon forgot about the stranger.

“Well, since we only had to paint the ceiling, we can buy some food and stuff for your kitchen.” Your mum said, “Just a little help so you don’t have to worry about this stuff for now, I know your pride won’t let it slide, so as soon as you settle down, and you’re in a better state you’ll pay as back, what about it?” your dad added, “Ok, I’ll take it like that.” You said while you smiled and hugged them. “But why did you had to move so far away from us, it’s almost more than half a day travelling…” your mum said, “Well so I wouldn’t have to listen to you anymore” you said while you gave your dad a quick wink. “YAH!!” your mum yelled whiles you and your dad just stood there laughing.

After going shopping and putting everything in its place your apartment looks now like a home, you have everything to start your new life in your new home in a different city. You liked how you displayed the furniture in your living room; the couch was turning back to the kitchen, the TV in the right place, so you could still watch it while you were sitting in the kitchen table. You just loved it, everything it’s to your liking and no one else’s. “Do you want to sleep in my room, and I sleep in the couch?” you asked your parents, “No need for it, we already booked a little room in the small hotel in the back street, don’t worry. We’ll meet you tomorrow for breakfast before we set home.” Your dad said “Ok, thank you for everything” you said and hugged them once again before they closed the door behind them.

“You look more like a home now; I know I’ll make some good memories in here.” You said before you went to bed after your shower.]

It’s been 10 months since you started working in this little coffee place, it was a small business but you really liked, it was only you and Reychel, the owner, she was younger than you, but you still connected instantly, so now she’s pretty much your best friend. It was her dream to open a coffee shop, and lucky you, she just opened it when you moved in to town, and she was looking for some help, since it was going a little bit hard to keep up by herself. You were a costumer there before you started working.

The train reached your stop, it wasn’t more than a 30 minutes’ walk, but you just couldn’t be bother to walk all the way there, and you liked to take the train at that time, it was quiet till you leave. When you left the train you stood there just a couple of meters away from the train doors, you put your earphones on, and pressed play on the playlist on your phone, you looked around, while you pressed the camera button on your phone, you pulled it up and took a picture on the first stranger you saw, a thing you do, since you like to take photos, but since you can’t afford a good camera yet, and the quality from the one on your phone is pretty good. You looked at the screen to see how the photo , it was a really good one, and to your surprise the stranger was looking when you took the photo, you looked up, and he was still looking at you. Embarrassed you look down and turn ways to your exit; you take another look at the phone and go through the hundreds of photos till the last one you took, “He looks so familiar” you whisper to yourself but soon get it out of your head when you walk in the coffee shop.

“Pandaaa!” Reychel shouts when she sees you “Yes, what got you so excited this morning?” you asked, not that you mind it at all.

 


AND THERE IT IS, THE FIRST CHAPPIE OF MY NEW STORY, YAAY! I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT AND GIVE IT LOTS OF LOVE :D