YUI

Hey Can You Be My Girlfriend?

 

It’s been a week since the incident. Since that, Aki and Yuto never talk about what happened, it’s like a silent agreement they both reached, and since that day, school things getting crazier for Aki to handle, and Yuto is having his part as well. Job demand tire him out.

Preparation with school festival going well. Aki done with most of her task related to the festival. The arrangement with special guest went smoothly. They build an outdoor stage. The weather seems to be perfect lately, and the weather forecaster said it’ll be a good weather on the festival day. Aki was so busy despite most of her part done. The papers are done, but still, she need to monitor the works. She’s not hanging out with Yuto lately. Last time she saw him was when she was rushing to attend student council meeting, not to mention the troublesome Yamada who keep bugging her with all sort of questions about the festival.

Speak of the devil, the devil will come. Yamada come skipping happily toward her. Aki turned around, planning to leave, but Yamada run after her and she has to face him, like it or not. Wearing a smug face, she look at him. “What do you want Prez?”

“What’s with that face? Here, take a look..” He handed her one big envelope. She take it, pull out what’s inside. Suddenly she feels like crying. Yamada actually did something else other than torturing her. He took care of the honorarium money for the concert. Seems like he succeed in convincing the priciple to give quite a big amount. Well, if it comes to money, the school have no problem. Aki is so happy, she thank Yamada and give him a good hard pinch on both of his cheeks, his fluffy cheeks. Yeah, they were that close actually.  

“ITAI YO Akichan!! He cried.. he cried just like mourning people did, there it goes, Yamada's soap opera. Aki is so used to his drama and know what to say to stop him. “I’ll bring you strawberry later Yamachan..” Yamada immediately stop crying,beamed, and skipping away. Aki and Yamada are best friend. But Yamada is the evil bestfriend that would always bug Aki with all sort of student council works. She suspected he recommend her to be in his council only for her to take care most of his works.

She’s was about to walk out of the school building when someone called her. It was Yuto. He grab his shoes, put it on quickly, and walk to where Aki is standing. They walk home together

“Been a while since both of us walk home together, how are you?” Yuto breaking the silence.

“Hectic, i hope this will end soon, I want to forget about council works and start revising for finals.” Aki speak her heart out.

Yuto smiled, and said, “ Yeah you should start revising by now. But i can help you if you want. You hate maths do you? I saw you always yawn during maths classes when we were in the same class before.”

(‘It’s weird, how come i know what she like what she did? As if I am observing her),Yuto thoughtz, but later shrug it off as he heard Aki said,

“Will you?!! Please, I’m either been dozing off in class or had sacrifice the classes for the whole week. It’s a major pain to study by myself, especially things i hate.”

“Sure, let me know when, but tell me earlier so i can make myself available. My agency give me exceptional for few jobs since the finals is coming, so i have more free time. They surely can’t risk me flunk my finals.”

“That’s nice.. I will text you when the festival is over. Thanks Nakajima Yuto..” She smiled. Yuto can see the relieve in her eyes, happiness and there’s another thing he himself not sure what.

***

The day she’s been waiting is finally here. Aki went to school very early in the morning. Even thought the mini concert is scheduled at 6pm, she’s still going very early for final inspection. Make sure everything is perfect. She’s the head for the festival, and it was her last school festival. She want to make it flawless, and memorable.

Students are doing their own preparation for class activity. One of freshmen class opening their cosplay cafe. All the crews are wearing costumes. By the time of operation, Aki noticed there is shinigami, serving coffee to the customers. It’s amusing. She chuckled by herself watching them. Looks like the juniors are enjoying their tasks.

Aki went to the front yard where they placed the stalls. Apprently Shima-san’s yakisoba stall are so popular. Shima-san was requested by Aki to guide the girls from cooking club with their stall. Of all dishes, they want to do yakisoba, the one Shima-san very good at. Shima-san used to have her own yakisoba stalls when she was younger, but stop once her children started working because they all are worried about her working too hard and neglecting her own health. She’s so happy when Aki invited her to help.

Toward the evening, Aki expecting for YUI’s arrival. A moment later YUI came in, that was the second time she see her. The first one was during her Budoukan live. YUI didn’t notice her of course, and this time, thanks to Yuto she can greet YUI and talk to her. They have about an hour before YUI going on stage. Aki prepared tea for YUI and the crew, she took the opportunity  to chit-chat with the singer she adore. YUI is very friendly, and funny. Her band team also very friendly. Yamada and his vice president also come and greet them. A moment later, YUI excuse herself to do final check on her percussions, with the band, they prepared themselves.

When YUI and the band appeared on stage, they were welcomed by a loud cheers by the students. Looks like every student in the school present today. Aki smiled contented. Opening song is of course, HELLO. It’s a perfect one to greet the audience. YUI sing beautifully. Aki watch the show from one spot where she can see the performance clearly. She secretly reserved the place for herself. It’s her work anyway, she deserved that place. After few song, YUI went to MC part, she thank the school for inviting her, and specifically mentioned Aki. Later she asked everyone to be quiet for a moment, and pray for Tohoku people who affected by the tsunami, and for the rest of the world. Everyone complied. She then proceed to the next song. Green a.live.

The ending song was one of Aki’s favourite. This song has always have soothing effect on her. She love the tenderness and cheerfulness of the song.

 

I’ll be, I remember you

You’ve decided to set out haven’t you?

Together, I’ll always supporting you

 

 If you feel like giving up,

You can’t just hide up in your room okay?

Walk through the streets,

Get back,

 

What you feel today?

I’ll be, all you need to do is stain youself with your own color,

There’ll be time when you got lost,

But together, i’ll always be supporting you

 

I’ll be,

everytime you experience a little disappointment,

you’ll surely be able to find kindness,

Life isn’t so bad..

 

There’s no encore, since the time is limited. She only get to perform 8 songs. But everyone seems happy. Aki feels glad the mini concert ended splendidly. Perhaps, the most memorable event she ever had in high school. Suddenly someone tapped her shoulder. She look to her side. It was Yuto. Yuto smiled, and say,

“I’ll walk you home tonight.”

“ Eh it’s okay, i still have things to do before i can leave, it’ll be very late.”

“exactly why i have to walk you home. I don’t trust you to walk alone at night anymore miss Amano..” when he’s using that tone, he mean it, and there’s no way to make him change his mind.

“It’s okay, just finish what you have to do, and after that meet me in my class. I’m going to help them clean up anyway.” Yuto proceed, and after earned a nod from Aki, he left.

 

After about 2 hours later, Aki done with her after concert works. She bid goodbye to YUI a while ago, but YUI didn’t left her with nothing. She gave Aki her latest album. It’s an album an of course with her autograph. Aki was in a cloud nine receving that. She was walking to Yuto’s class, and noticed only few kids around along the way, almost finished cleaning up. She reached Yuto’s class and noticed the boy was sleeping on the chairs. Seems like his class done with cleaning a while ago, nobody is there except him. She approached him. She was about to wake him up, but stopped, feeling guilty for making him waited for her. While battling with her guilty feeling, she suddenly mesmerized by his complexion. His face. (He’s indeed a good looking one. Did he always been this good looking? How come i never realize this?) Questions that popped up in her head, and suddenly followed by a faster heart beat. 

Suddenly Yuto moved and woke up, noticed that, she shrugged of the thought. “Let’s go home!”

Both of them walked out of the school. They were talking about today’s event.  It’s was a really memorable event. Aki keep thanking Yuto for making it possible to have YUI concert in their school. Finally they arrived in front of Aki’s house. Aki thanked Yuto again and excusing herself to go in, but was halted by Yuto.

“I’m free for the whole day on coming Sunday. Wanna study together?”

“Sure, urghh.. i hope i still can catch up with the topics..” Aki said.

“I’ll text you where we're going to meet ok?”

“yeah, go home, you’re look horribly tired.”

Yuto smiled and walked away.

###

to be continue~

 

(20th March 2014)

Chapter 3 i guess. Gotta finish what i've started.

=)  kuroneko