It's a deal!

Hey Can You Be My Girlfriend?

**

"So what had brought you here Nakajima Yuto? Can I help you?"

"Actually yes! Will you be my girlfriend?"

She sigh again. How can she not?! The guy of every girls' dream asking her to be his girlfriend, while he is known to never accept any of those who had confessed to him. Every day.

” See, you’re sighing again, don’t you listen to me, it not good for girls to..”, and he was cut by Aki,

“What joke are you trying to pull Nakajima Yuto? Besides, nothing wrong for me sighing over my messy life here..”

Yuto smiled, and started telling her what ever she need to know. She nodded, fully get the fella’s stories all about. But gave a cold answer,

“No.” Very firm. “I’m so busy with my duties here. I don’t think i can help you with your mess”.

 Yuto tailed his sight to Aki’s notebook, “How if i help you with your duties, would you help me? Let’s make a deal, give and take? That sounds good don’t you think?”

“ What you have to offer Nakajima Yuto?” Aki asked lifelessly.

“I can bring YUI for cultural festival stage show~”

Aki was surprised, she look at Yuto,

“How are you going to do that? She’s FAMOUS singer you know, how is it possible to bring her to our school festival?”

'This girl even forgot who am i?' Yuto keep the thought to himself.

“I have connection, and FYI, i am also a FAMOUS person..”

“Aahh right.. you’re an idol desho~ I forgot about it Nakajima Yuto. Then, what should i do if i got the role as your girlfriend?”

Kono onna! Still Yuto keeping the thought to himself.

“ Have lunch together, go home together, and study together, simple..” Yuto briefly explained.

“Why couples want to spend that much time together? Aren’t they get bored?” Aki frowned in disbelief.

“ Don’t worry, we’ll just do one of those in a day, who wants to do all mendokusai things every single day anyway? and with this words from Yuto, Aki nodded and agreed to his plan.

“ We’ll start tomorrow, lunch together, and it will be my favourite spot..” Aki smiled brightly thinking that they come to an agreement and she’ll get YUI for their school festival. Yuto replied with the same intensity of smile.

***

“Look! Nakajima sempai and Aki sempai are walking together.” Junior girl whispering to her friend. “Oh i heard from my seatmate that they’re going out.” Another girl whispered back. Both of them nodded, approved their sempais relationship. For some reason, almost all Yuto’s fan don’t have any problem with Aki as his girlfriend. They think highly of her as high as Yuto.

Both Aki and Yuto reached Aki’s favorite spot. No one is there. It’s near the garden, there’s a big sunflower near the garden fences, and there’s an old ginko tree in the middle of the garden. Aki and Yuto is sitting opposite to the ginko tree. Yuto and Aki known each other since in grade school. They aren’t that close, or belong to the same group of friend. It’s just that Aki once offered her bento to Yuto when Yuto was scolded by the teacher because he had fight with bigger kid in the school, and apparently he didn’t bring his own bento. Yuto on the other hand, once, help Aki when when she was pushed into the filthy ponds by the bully, luckily the pond was filled by ankle length of water, probably from the rainfall. They had this kind of history. But it’s just once. Both had done a good deed to each other one. They’re not bound to each other. The deeds considered paid. Their relationship was always clear. To Aki, Nakajima Yuto is her classmates during grade school. To Yuto, Amano Aki was the girl in his class during grade school. Both apparently have the same idea about each others' existance.

Yuto stared dat Aki’s bento. It was as cute as always.

“You’re still doing this kind of bento?”

Aki look up at him, “ Anything wrong with mine? Where’s yours anyway?”

“Yuto shoved his yakisoba pan to his mouth while signalling that’s his lunch..”

“ Ahh, no wonder you’re a walking stick..” Aki’s sudden comment sounds provoking.

“Say that again Amano..” dissatisfied Yuto tried to counter Aki’s words.

“ How about YUI? Are you working on bringing her to our school festival already?” Aki immediately change the topic. She want to avoid arguments, and a bit nervous with Yuto’s annoyed voice.

“Well yeah, I asked my manager about it, she said, she’ll see if she can contact her..”

“Nakajima Yuto, i am playing my role already, and it’ll be a waste if you can’t bring her as promised..” with frown, Aki look up to Yuto.

“Don’t worry, i’ll do it. I never forget about the promise..rest assured”

“ Amano, let’s go home together?”

“ Nope, I have a paper to work on, you go first.”

***

That night, as Yuto just finished dinner, he fish out his phone from the small desk beside his bed.

I’ll pick you up tomorrow, around 730 in the morning i’ll be in front of your house – yuto

Sure. – amano

She’s still using the surname eh.. Yuto smiled and get to his guitar practice. He’s working on a song. It’s not necessarily to be published, but more to practice. He needs the practice so that he’ll be better in composing songs in the future. Yuto decided to be in the showbiz industry for his career. He’s really serious about it.

***

Aki was late. It’s already 720 when she woke up. Only 10 minutes for to get ready before Yuto arrive. She dashed to bathroom, do everything in a flash and ready. She stormed to the front door while biting the a piece of bread. There Yuto in front of the door, very punctual. She felt embarrased. Yuto stared at her.

“What?” She asked.

“You woke up late? You must sleep late again..” Yuto pointed at her messy hair and then pointed to his own eyes, under his eyes to be exact. “I must have mistook you for a panda if it’s not because of there’s Amano name written there..” Yuto pointed to the front gate.

Annoyed Aki glared hard at Yuto and slapped him hard on his left shoulder. And Yuto hissing in pain but at the same time chuckled.

They walked side by side to school. When they reach Shima-san’s house, Aki stopped by and greet the black cat on Shima-san’s fron gate. Shima san is a cheerful old lady who’s living few blocks from Aki’s. The big grumpy-looking cat only return Aki’s greetings  with a glare at Aki. In disbelief, Yuto said,

“You still did that?”

“Yeah, but that grumpy Kuro never smile at me or return my greetings..wait why you said i STILL did that? You know i always do this?” Aki asked, she's curious.

(.. and u actually expect that from the cat? So you named the cat already huh?)) Yuto can’t even turn the thought into audible words.He only replied with,

" I noticed you greet the cat at school sometimes when we were in grade school..By the way, I’m going to see YUI san’s manager this Tuesday after school. Wanna tag along?” Yuto offered.

“ Can I?” Aki stopped walking and suddenly beamed at Yuto, Yuto swear he saw her eyes sparkling.

“Sure, it’s your event, you should be there during the discussion, but i’m not sure if YUI will come or not.”

“Sure i’ll go, it’s okay if i don’t see her, at least i’ll show them i’m determined to have her as our honor guest.” Then for the rest of their way to school, she’s skipping happily, and everyone knows she is in a really good mood.

 

***

Finally they were there in the private room at one of japanese restaurant not far from Yuto’s agency expecting YUI;'s manager. Few minutes after they ordered the drinks YUI’s manager came in. They talk and discuss about the event. Apparently YUI is doing her charity concert. She thought that going to the school event would be good. The deal is, YUI going to perform at school, and then the school will pay her any amount and that amount would be channeled for charity. Aki relieved, when she asked about how much should the school prepare, the manager said, it’s really up to you, even 20,000 yen is okay.

“This is a short concert, we do not expect big amount from you, so rest assured, YUI-san is doing this willingly for her fans, and it’s a charity concert”. The manager patted Aki’s shoulder and smiled.

It was dark when they got out of the restaurant. After parted with the manager. Yuto offered Aki to send her home. But Aki refused knowing that Yuto still have things to do in his agency. She convince Yuto that she’ll just take the train and walk home. At first Yuto hesitated to let her, but give up when she insist to go alone.

On the way home, Aki stopped by neko cafe. Been a while since she heard that the cafe started their bussiness but she can't find a time to go before. Decidiing it's right time for her, she went in.

She’s having a good moment with the fluffy cats and not realizing it’s already late. By the time she noticed, it’s almost 11 already. She’s quickly dashed out of the cafe and run home. Unfortunately she’s run into someone. Both fell on their butts. Then when Aki about to apologize, the man shouted at her with a real angry voice. She’s scared, and noticed that the man is drunk. He’s big, and he’s drunk. Her sensible brain tell her to run for her life, but her legs betrayed her. Aki’s shivering, it’s not like she’s weak, she learn martial art, enough for self defense at least. But this is the first time she encountered such situation. The drunk man grab Aki’s hand, slammed her to the nearby wall. “Damn, it’s hurt”.

 He’s raised his hand in an attempt to slap or punch her. Aki was about to use her karate steps to defend herself when suddenly someone pushed the drunk man, n he fell flat on his back, then he grabbed Aki’s hand and run away. After make sure they’re far from the danger,  the man slowed down and eventually stopped. Aki panting,

“ anoo...arigatou gozaimasu..” when Aki thank the person, he turned around and, he shouted at Aki “Why are you still out at this hour? It’s dangerous for a girl to be outside this late!” his voice is serious plus worried.

“Ahh Nakajima Yuto ka..I was about to give a good punch to that drunkard when you came interfering” Aki act indifferently.. just now she was so scared, but now she’s back to her usual self.

“Amano! Please don’t be too ignorant, please take care of yourself, even if you’re strong. Some people see you vurnerable, because you’re a girl. Run is the best choice, don’t bother to fight anyone if you have a chance to run.” Yuto was serious with his preach.

Aki didn’t dare to say anything for she know all his preach are true. But it was an accident, she’s not intend to be out there at this hour, she didn’t expose herself intentionally. Finally she said, “ I’m sorry..”

Yuto has calmed down, he’s muttered, “ It’s not sorry that i want..mma, let’s go home now, your parents might be worried already.”

Aki fished out her phone from the pocket, it was in silent mode since they met YUI’s manager. There’s  22 miscalls from her parents. She turned pale. She knows what awaits her at home. They walk home in silent.

###

to be continue~

 

(15 March 2014)

second chapter here! i hope reader would spend some time to leave a comment. thank you for your time. 

Excuse my grammatical errors, and typos. 

=) kuroneko