~Second Chance at Fate~

Intangible
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: Whee! New chappie here! Hope you all enjoy and I hope to see more comments and subscribers!! :) Thanks again for your support. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dara followed Jiyong back to the temple, silently trailing behind him. Occasionally, he’d glance back to see if she was still there or if she’d run off again. As they reached the temple, Bom appeared at the entrance, her arms crossed over her chest. A smile played on her lips as she approached them. “Glad to see you’ve brought her back.”

 

    “Yeah, well, it seems she won’t be leaving our world for a while.” Jiyong nodded to the silver ribbon tied around Dara’s wrist. Bom’s eyes flicked to the ribbon and nodded. “The Spirit of Destiny seems pretty insistent on her being here so I guess there’s nothing left to do but let her stay.”

 

    “Great! You’ll love it here, Dara! The Spirit World is a beautiful place, well aside from the bloodthirsty Demons out to for your blood but it’s a really lovely place during the day time. As long as you stick close with us, you’ll be safe. We’ll protect you.”

 

    “Hey, I didn’t say anything about protection! I said that she could stay. I didn’t say I’d spend my time playing protecting. that!”

 

    “I don’t know who you’re trying to kid. It’s not like you can avoid the urge to protect her. She’s human, Jiyong. It’s our job to protect humans. That’s why we---”

 

    “NOONA! HYUNG!” Suddenly, a voice came from all around them. Dara’s eyes scanned the area, searching for the source of the voice; it seemed like it was the wind itself. Soon, a young boy materialized beside Bom. “She’s out to get me again! She’s going to kill me!”

 

    Bom and Jiyong rolled their eyes. “What the hell are you going on about now, Rat? Can’t you see we’re in the middle of something?” Jiyong nodded toward Dara.

 

    The boy’s eyes immediately lit up as he instantly materialized in front of Dara. She let out a tiny yelp and took a step back, her eyes wide. Jiyong grabbed his collar and dragged him back. “Yah! Have some manners! Don’t go scaring the girl like that.”

 

    “What? I was just trying to get a good look at her? I have to say, she’s quite stunning! Hello, gorgeous, my name is Seungri. I am a Wind Spirit. And who are you?”

 

    “Umm...my name is Dara. You’re a Wind Spirit?”

 

    “You bet your cute I am! Watch this.”

 

    Seungri winked and waved his hand across the entire landscape. Soon, a gust of wind blew, whisking pink petals off the branches of the trees. Dara stared in awe as the wind carried on, bending to his every will. He pulled his hand inward and the stream of petals began to swirl around Dara. She giggled as the tiny petals grazed lightly against her skin. With of his hand, the wind carried off into the skies.

“That was pretty cool. It must be nice being as free as the wind.”

    

    “It definitely has its perks. I can control the wind in your world too. I assume you’re human, judging by your scent but you also have special Spiritual Power. You know, you remind me of someone else---” WHACK! Dara blinked and realized Jiyong had smacked Seungri upside the head. “Ow! YAH, HYUNG! What the heck did I do? What did I say?”

 

    “Learn to keep your damn mouth shut. Bom, where are the others?”

 

    “They should be around here somewhere…”

 

    “SEUNGRAT!!!!!!” Dark clouds formed in the sky, the sound of thunder echoing overhead. Seungri yelped and hid behind Bom. A single bolt of lightning struck the ground and a girl with long black hair appeared, her light brown eyes furious. “Don’t think you can hide from me behind Bom! Get your over here and take your beating like a man, your damn ert!”

 

    “Ahem, Chae...we have company.” Bom cleared , side glancing Dara.

 

    Immediately, the clouds went away and Chaerin smiled brightly, facing Dara. Seungri breathed a sigh of relief but still stayed behind Bom. “Hello! I thought I sensed the presence of a human. I’m Chaerin! I’m a Storm Spirit sort of...I mostly control the thunder and lightning. Anyway, nice to meet you!”

 

    “Hi, I’m---”

 

    Before Dara could introduce herself, more people materialized before her, curious about their new guest. Bom took the liberty to do the introductions. Dara memorized each of their names; there was Taeyang, the Nature Spirit; Daesung, the Water Spirits, Minzy, the Fire Spirit and Top, the Winter Spirit. Each other them had their own unique ability and responsibility. Their powers gave them the ability to protect mortals in the Human World. They were the only ones who could pass through the gates with ease. Of course that was a different time, a time when the two worlds were in balance. “It’s nice to meet you all. Your powers are all so cool.”

 

    “Nah, our powers aren’t that great. You’re the one with the most power. You do possess Spiritual Power. You could very easily be the strongest out o

Please log in to read the full chapter