Three

A Cat's Approval

Taekwoon leaned his head against the bus window and watched the rain splash against the glass. Between work and the impending loss of his boyfriend, he was exhausted. The sound of the rain and the rocking of the bus had very nearly put him to sleep, when his phone suddenly rang. He was somewhat surprised to see Hongbin’s name on the caller ID, since it had been several days since either had contacted the other.

Despite his best efforts, Taekwoon was making no progress with Hyoshin. He bought the cat’s favorite treats, but only ended up getting clawed when trying to feed them to him. Hongbin even took him to buy toys he knew the cat would like, but Hyoshin wouldn’t have a thing to do with them. After every failed attempt with the demon cat, Taekwoon felt a greater and greater wedge being driven between himself and his boyfriend. He was sure Hongbin felt it too, but neither of them had mentioned it yet. Taekwoon couldn’t believe a cat, of all things, was going to tear them apart.

“Hey, Binnie.”

Taekwoon.” Hongbin sounded almost strangled. Taekwoon could tell he was trying desperately not to cry.

“What’s going on? Are you all right? Did something happen?” he fired off, suddenly wide awake. “Binnie, answer me!”

“It’s… Hyoshin…” Hongbin finally choked out. “I left the window open this morning and he got out! It’s happened before but he came back! He always comes back! I’ve been looking for hours and I can’t find him and I’m so worried that something’s happened to him! Taekwoon, you have to help me!”

Hongbin was crying now. Taekwoon tried his best not to break down himself, even though the sound was ripping his heart to shreds.

“Why didn’t you call me sooner, Bin?” he asked in a calm voice, despite the death grip he had on his phone.

“You were at work,” the younger sniffed. “I didn’t want to bother you. And I thought I’d be able to find him…”

“Just go home and try to calm down. I’m on my way.”

 

 


Oh what the.. really? This one is going to format correctly by itself but I can't for the life of me get the others to look nice. -_- UGH.

But OH NO. HYOSHIN RAN AWAY! What's gonna happen now? :o