Chapter 1

Who Would've Thought

Kai woke up on the smell of pancakes and eggs. He turned to his side and found the space beside him empty, of course. He groggily rolled out of bed, sliding his hand inside his shirt to scratch his chest as he stepped out of the room, yawning.

"Good morning." A very soft, and warm smile greeted him as he approached the man cooking in his kitchen. He immediately wrapped his arms around the man, resting his chin on his shoulder.

Sehun smiled as he felt his boyfriend's arms wrap around him, pulling him closer. He smacks his arm playfully as he chuckled softly.

"The pancakes will burn if you keep me this close to you, Kai." Sehun said as he brushed Kai's hair gently with his free hand. He turned his head to the side, giving the other a soft peck on the lips.

"Go wash your face and I'll be done in a while." 

Kai nodded and nuzzled the crook of Sehun's shoulder before walking into the bathroom.

Sehun once again chuckled at the figure. 

He set up the plates and placed three pancakes each, on top of one another and placed the syrup on top, which slid down to the other pancakes.

Kai soon came back, his face looking refreshed but his eyes say the opposite.

"How's the preparations for the concert going?" Sehun asked. He knew that Kai was stressed these days because of his work. Their dance concert was nearing and Kai's routine hasn't been polished.

Kai nodded as he pressed his fork over the pancakes, slicing them. "Good." He mumbled.

Sehun kept quiet and ate his pancakes.

As soon as they finished eating, Sehun picked up the plates and placed them on the sink.

Kai proceeded to the bathroom again so he could take a bath, while Sehun was busy cleaning the dishes.

Most of the EXO members decided to go solo, leaving Luhan, Chen, Baekhyun, Suho, Sehun, and Tao. Kai and Lay became independent dancers, and have now created their own studio. They're expected to have a concert, their very first concert, soon. Xiumin went and built his own cafe, which was growing. Chen sometimes would help Xiumin, and both of them would have some small gigs when Xiumin felt like singing. Kris became a model and was now travelling around the world to promote different brands in different countries while Chanyeol and D.O. became actors and are now a big hit to the show-biz world.

Things were still awkward between him and Luhan, but it was slowly starting to deplete after Kai saved Sehun.

After Kai saved Sehun from falling into an endless pit.

Sehun was very greatful for Kai. If not for him, Sehun would've probably broke; broke to a point where he becomes unfixable.


Sehun sighed once more. His mood was still as awful as ever, not feeling the need to interact with his hyungs. 

As soon as the others left the practice room, the leader approached their beloved maknae.

"Sehun-ah," Suho called. He approaches the maknae, placing his hand on the younger's shoulder. "Is something wrong?" The older male asked.

He knew what Sehun was going through at the moment. He knows the sleepless nights of the young man; he knows how much tears the younger has spent for his beloved hyung. He was afraid to confront the younger, but after seeing the drastic change in his attitude, he knew he had to do something.

"It's nothing, hyung. Don't worry about me." Sehun was about to shrug the man's hand off, but he failed after feeling Suho's hand grip his shoulder tight.

"Is it about Luhan-hyung?"

Sehun visibly tensed up, he looked at Suho who smiled at him. The leader spread his arms, gesturing the maknae to recieve his hug.

The younger couldn't help but jump into the man's arm and began to sob.

Suho tried to comfort the younger as he was sobbing in his arms. He should've done this earlier. Sehun wouldn't be hurting this much if he had someone to confide with his problems.

"H-Hyung. It hurts." Sehun said, clutching the older male's shirt as he rested his head on Suho's shoulder. "I don't understand what happened. We were happy before he left for China. Why is he always with Xiumin-hyung? Does he like hyung more than me? What did I do wrong? What does Xiumin-hyung have that I don't? I'm really so confused, hyung."

"Shh," Suho began to rub the younger's back with small, gentle circles. "Nothing is wrong with you, Sehun. I, myself, am confused as to why you guys suddenly became distant. Do you want me to talk to him?"

The younger's head shot up and shook his head furiously. No matter how much it hurts and confuses him, he doesn't want to cause Luhan some burden. "Please don't, hyung. I'm begging you. I don't want to be a burden to him."

Suho felt his chest tighten. He didn't know that their maknae loves Luhan this much, to the extent that he sees his suffering as his and probably Luhan's burden. He, too, was in the verge of tears as he once again engulfed the boy into his arms once more, into a tighter hug. He was sobbing himself as he felt the shaking, vulnerable, and fragile body of their youngest.

"It'll be okay, Sehunnie. It'll be okay." Suho reassured the younger that he will do something about this. 

Suho soon brought the younger into their room, letting him rest on his bed. He ordered Sehun to sleep, to take a rest. Sehun gladly olbiged as he soon fell into deep slumber, not even wasting at least five minutes after he had closed his eyes.

The leader placed a blanket over the youngest, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

He needed to confront Luhan. Sehun did tell him not to talk to Luhan, but Suho didn't promise anything.

He closed the door softly, leaving their maknae to rest. He needed it so badly.

Suho prayed silently that the younger won't wake up soon from nightmares that has been occurring recently. The younger needed his rest. Suho can't bear the thought of seeing Sehun break down when he knew that he can do something to prevent that from happening.

He immediately went to EXO-M's dorm and he looked for Luhan. He immediately spotted the male with Xiumin, which made Suho remember the maknae's pained face earlier. He gave himself a slight slap on the cheeks before walking towards the pair.

"Luhan-hyung!" He said as he waved his hand at him.

"Suho? What's up?" Luhan said as he sipped on the bubble tea drink on his hand.

"Can I talk to you?" He said before glancing at Xiumin. "Alone?"

Xiumin got the message and gave Luhan a small nod before entering their room.

"Is something wrong?" Luhan asked after watching Xiumin's retreating figure.

"It's..." Shuo paused, looking around to see if they were alone. "It's about Sehun."

Luhan visibly flinched at the mention of the younger's name. He nervously looked around and refused to meet Suho's eyes. "What about him?" The older said, struggling to hide his shaking voice.

"I want to know what's wrong, hyung." Suho asked, placing his hands on Luhan's shoulders. "Why did you suddenly distance yourself from him?"

Luhan bit his quivering lips and looked down. "I'm sorry, Suho."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I-" Luhan couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears soon rolled down his cheeks as he bit his lips harder, but not hard enough to draw blood.

There was something Suho has that makes s tell him what's wrong, and he was happy to have that.

"I'm scared, Suho. I can't- I don't want to fall in love with Sehun. It's scary. I don't know if I'll be able to recover if he leaves me. So before that happens, I told myself to distance myself from him so he wouldn't get hurt."

Suho just shook his head. He was disappointed at Luhan. He was disappointed at his hyung's decision. "But you didn't realize that you're the one hurting him most right now."

"Eh?" Luhan looked into Suho's eyes, confusion was written on his face. "What do you mean?"

The leader shook his head once more before walking away. 

"You should see how much you're destroying him, hyung." Suho muttered as he walked away.

He didn't feel any guilt at the things he said towards the man. He didn't even flinch as he heard sobs from behind. It felt weird for him to think that Luhan deserves this. He thinks that his hyung must know what Sehun's condition is with his own eyes so he could see how much the younger was suffering.

But he knew that would be impossible because EXO-M is leaving tomorrow for their tour in China.

TBC.


A/N: I intended to make this as a one-shot but ideas kept coming so this might be around 5 or 6 chapters. The next chapter would be about the past; we will know if Luhan would see how much Sehun is suffering or not, and probably how Kai would help Sehun recover.

Thank you for reading this chapter.

Sorry for the late and short update. I'll update once my finals are done :)

Please comment!

Subscriptions and upvotes are loved <3