Chapter 5

Your secret is safe with me! Or not.

 Just a short update on this chapter. Enjoy reading it!


 

"I am really going to punch the out of you guys if you don't stop looking at me with those disgusting pairs of puppy eyes." Eric growled at his group of friends who have been staring at me for the past few minutes unmoving. 

 

"I am serious Eric. This is the first time I have seen you looked so gentle before. That guy must have did something to you."  Kim Tae chuckled. "Was it...... love?" Clasping his hands, he looked up to the sky and blinked furiously, earning laughter amongst the delinquent group. "You guys should have seen how he looked then. He looked so handsome then." 

 

Eric looked at his friends in annoyance and clenched his fingers to suppress his growing anger. Flicking the cigarette into the gutter, his face changed as he remembered something important. "Kim Tae-ah, did you teach the man a lesson?" Suddenly, the atmosphere took a serious turn. Kim Tae fixed his gaze on Eric and just gave a simple and short nod. Now normally, in the group, this kind of nod usually means that they will definitely never see that man ever again.

 

An outsider should never ever underestimate Eric and his friends' power. 

 

Eric then closed his eyes for he felt relieved. It was like a huge load was taken off his shoulders. In the midst of tasting the bitter yet sweet taste of the cigarette running through his lungs, his mind begin to drift off to Hyesung. 

 

Is he okay now? Should I go to his school to find him? Without thinking much, Eric slams a few dollars on the table. "Kids, I need to go now. See you guys tomorrow. And also, you guys better pay the owner money instead of running off like last time." 

 

"Yea yea sure thing." One of Eric's friends said, waving him off casually.

 

Eric suddenly felt a surge of adrenaline rushing into him. Walking away, he could heard the steady thumpy of his footsteps against the ground. He felt weird that there was this euphoria in him because he has managed to protect Hyesung from harm. Maybe it's because he was used to creating fear in people that this is the first time he felt like a hero. Sure this scenario isn't appropriate. But nonetheless, this is his first!

 


 

"Wild night huh Hyesung?" Minwoo smirked. Hyesung let out a soft 'huh'. Smiling to himself, Minwoo pointed to the discoloured patches on Hyesung's neck. As he slowly starts to realise it, he hastily covers it up with his school uniform's collars. No wonder people keep looking at me. 

 

"No, it's not what it looks like." Hyesung raised his voice. He pulls Minwoo by the collar and started pouring out the events that has happened to me last night. Minwoo's eyes widened as he listens to the recollection of Hyesung's events. As both of them stepped back away from each other, Minwoo stared at Hyesung for a few seconds. "That Eric guy isn't as bad as we thought he would be." 

 

"That's because he is loyal towards his friends." Hyesung rolled his eyes.

 

"I don't think so. It feels to me that he is treating you more than just friends." Minwoo smirked. "You know what I mean." Minwoo laughed as he notices Hyesung's blushed face. 

 

"No way," Hyesung regains a straight face. "My heart only belongs to Dongwan." 

 

"Speaking of the devil," Minwoo said. "There's Dongwan standing outside of the classroom." Dongwan waved to them as they made eye contact. He was clutching on to a pamphlet and was in a seemingly excited mood. "Did you guys heard the announcement?" Dongwan asked as he looked back and fro at Minwoo and Hyesung. Of course, Hyesung was busy calming himself down at seeing his Dongwan and Minwoo, was suppressing the urge to hit Hyesung to make him snapped out of it. 

 

"Nope, what announcement?" Minwoo asked. 

 

Dongwan positioned the pamphlet straight at their faces, making them backtracked a few steps from the sudden shock. 'The school is organising a talent show! And I thought that you know, I should perform by playing the violin." Dongwan smiled. 

 

"So?" Minwoo stared at Dongwan dully. "What has it got to do with us?" 

 

Dongwan turns his focus on Hyesung. "I remember you telling me how you've always wanted to play the violin so now here's your chance. I have 2 violins at home and I can teach you how to play and we can perform together." Dongwan's eyes lit up. 

 

"You actually remembered what I've said a few months ago?" Hyesung was genuinely shocked but at the same time happy, that he could even remember such minor details. "Of course. I have a great memory." Dongwan grinned, illuminating his sharp features, making Hyesung's heart beats even faster. 

 

"So are you willing to perform a violin duet with me?" Dongwan asked earnestly. 

 

 

Hyesung's lips slowly curved up and projected a gentle smile. "Of course I will."