Chapter 5

Thorns

I can tell you that when waking up after you've been shot multiple times is not a walk in the park. In fact it's more like you're running a marathon after a marathon every single day. The only reason I can tell you this is because I was shot, I died twice and they revived me and I'm now on my way to recovery. 

"Doctor, JangMi is here for her final evaluation." The nurse, Fei, announced from outside the door. I cringed and tried not to comment on her yelling down the hallway but stopped because I was a patient and she was a nurse. She had more authority.

"AH! Mi, how's my favorite patient?" My doctor, Taecyeon asked while walking into my room with a clipboard in his hand. I smiled and gave him a thumbs up, to which he laughed and returned the thumbs up.

"Anything hurt?" He asked while giving me a routine check up. I shook my head and waited after he had finished writing everything down on the paper attached to the clipboard. 

"Good, good." He mumbled while still writing. I frowned and looked at my feet as they dangled off the bed.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I hadn't spoken a word ever since I was shot. But it has nothing to do with me getting shot, just more to do with not knowing what happened to Yugyeom. Seeing as I hadn't seen or heard from anyone in Got7 since the shooting. 

The shooting four weeks, three days, thirteen hours and 27 minutes ago.

Yes, I counted.

"Well I've got good news!" Nurse Fei said while entering the room. Taecyeon and I both looked at her as if she had lost her mind. Or if she had gotten the wrong room number.

"And what would that be?" He asked her with a puzzled look, I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded my head after him. I wanted to know the good news. I needed good news.

"I've got people here to see JangMi!" She cheered while clapping her hands. Fei only acted like this around the people she was closest to, most patients wouldn't get to see this side of her; which wasn't a bad thing. It got creepy sometimes.

"Who?"Taecyeon asked for me. 

"I don't know...boys..."She teased while making kissy faces. I frowned and looked at the door while Fei went to go and get the boys. 

"Well I don't know about you but I think I'm gonna stay here for this." Taecyeon said while sitting down on the hospital couch across the room. I nodded my head in agreement.

Over the past four weeks I had grown close to Taecyeon, he was like an older brother to me now. And he vowed to protect me with his life, as did his other buddies. I was very thankful for that because they were my support system now. Taecyeon was friends with Got7 but he had reacted with rage and anger when they hadn't even called to check on me. He basically was done with them.

"Well aren't I lucky?" I signed, while swinging my legs. 

Soon outside of my door there was a bunch of voices, all manly. Meaning that they were deep voices and defiantly not girly voices. 

I peered over at Taecyeon and he looked tense. This was not going to be a very good-or well planned or not planned out meeting. But hey whatever happens is going to happen I guess.

"JangMi, come over here. NOW." Taecyeon demanded as the door handle began to twist. I did as I was told and ran over to him where he placed me behind him. Once the door clicked,  people piled into the room with a disorderly fashion.

"YO TAECYEON! WASSUP?" 

"Jackson...."He grimly stated. Why did that name sound so familiar?

"Taecyeon, where is she?" Another person piped up.

"She's safe Mark. Now let her go."

Mark.

Mark...Mark...MARK! 

I clutched the back of Taecyeon's shirt tightly in my hand as I tried to duck behind him better.

They're here. Got7 is here and they're alive.

To bad I just don't want to see them now...maybe even ever again.

"Hyung! Please let us see her! Is she well? How is she? I want tp ask her these things?" A third voice pinged in from Got7. I sighed and crept closer to Taecyeon if that was even possible. I could practically feel is heartbeat from him since I was so close to him.

"STOP IT YUGYEOM!" Taecyeon shouted while imediatly standing up. I grabbed onto the hospital couch in order to keep myself from falling onto the ground. I heard multiple gasps come from the groups of boys and I stared at the ground.

"She's been here this whole time?" An enraged Mark shouted while walking over and grabbing the collar of Taecyeon's shirt. 

"Yes, and your point is?" Came the reply of Taecyeon who sounded just as enraged as Mark did. A shiver of fear ran down my spine.

 

“Let us speak to her!”

“Over my dead body.” Came the voice of the oldest person in the group. I stared at the members of Got7 and then refocused my attention on Taecyeon’s back.

A hand grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me up and away from the couch. It was Mark. I could tell from the warmth that the body was emitting. Even after months I could still tell the difference between the body’s warmth.

Only because it’s Mark though

“We’re going to talk to her. I brought her here for you to patch up. Not for you to ban us from speaking and seeing her.” Shouted Mark, I cringed and tried to pull away but his grip was too strong.

Even though I was a former gang member I was not the strongest the only thing I was really good was bluffing. I was good at that but I could almost never follow through with anything, it was always the girls. It was the girl’s who even decided to form the gang, and I followed along with their plans. In all honesty though I didn’t want to become a member I was practically dragged along for the ride. I guess you could say that I really didn’t have a backbone. Before I was apart of the gang I was a goody to shoes and I did a 360 in order to become a heartless gang member that kills without a second thought.

“You can talk to her but I doubt she’ll respond.” I could hear the smirk in his words, and even though they weren’t direct at me it still stung.

“Yeah and why’s that? HUH?” JB challenged while getting closer and closer to Taecyeon.

“Because she hasn’t said a word since she woke up.” He revealed as Mark’s grip on me tightened even more. I felt like he was going to break my arm off it was so tight.

A dead silence filled the room and I was engulfed into a warm embrace.