Chapter 2

Thorns

“You’re staying home!” Ari’s voice boomed from down the hallway. I rolled my eyes and continued to put on my jacket. I cringed and stopped all movement until the pain ceased.

“See this is why you need to stay home. You’re still too hurt to go to school.” MiCha added, while giving me a nudge back into the living room. I grimaced once I hit the back of the recliner.

“You’re too sensitive!” HwaYoung shouted from the kitchen, I rolled my eyes and glared at the wall separating us.

“Well sorry~ I just want to know more about that gang yesterday that-oh I don’t know. Wanted to fight us and take-”

“Oh relax! I’ll ask Jr. about their intentions today!” HwaYoung sang, a smile on her face and a dreamy look in her eyes. I stared at MiCha and Ari and they shrugged their shoulders.

“Sooo while we were shopping we ran into them again.” MiCha started a sly smile on her face. I cringed once I felt a wave of pain run through my body.

“They’re all pretty cool. I don’t think they’ll could do us any real harm though.” Ari finished, her signature smile on her face. I stared at them for a moment before giving up.

“Fine! Get information on them today. We’ll discuss what to do with them tonight.” I sighed and with a smile they all left the home; once again leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Slowly I moved to my room and changed into shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I sighed and stared out the window.

This was going to be a long day.

It turned out to be longer than a long day. After two hours my boredom got the best of me and I decided to leave the house.

“Didn’t know a little girl like you could leave your territory to those girls for a day.” A familiar red headed male spoke from behind me. Suppressing a gasp I shot around to face him but during my turn my wound flared up.

“AH!” I cried, clutching onto my side with one hand and using the other to keep myself steady.

“Careful!” Mark shouted as he grabbed onto my arm. His voice sounded alarmed, but then after thinking for a second why would he sound alarmed if I was hurt.
We’re enemies.

“I-I’m fine…”I grimaced, turning my best to seem like I was perfectly fine.

“No, you’re not.” He stated before picking me up in his arms. I squirmed around and he dropped me on the ground. I landed on the hard asphalt and let out a soft moan at the pain coming now from my and my wound.

“If you don’t stop moving around, I’ll drop you again and again until you stop.” He coldly said while holding my arm over my head. I glared at him but reluctantly gave in.

“Fine.”

Once again he picked me up and he carried me away from my house. I frowned and looked up at him.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, watching the way he bit his lip to answer me.

He’s not bad looking to tell the truth, I thought to myself as I continued to watch him.

“Since I don’t think you want me going into your home, I’m taking you to mine.” He bluntly stated; I rolled my eyes.

“Well you think to much. I’ve got nothing to hide.” I lied, which caused him sigh. I once again looked up at him and wished I didn’t. He was staring right at me with such intensity that I thought he was going to burn a few holes right through me.

“So you think that I’ll believe that crap?” He skeptically asked, his grip tightening up. I cringed and wanted to move but I knew he’d drop me if I did so.

“Yes”

“Well you must really take me for an idiot.” He snorted, giving me a scare by pretending to drop me. I threw my arms around his neck and held on for dear life.

“You-”

“Cuss words aren’t for a pretty girl like you, baby.” He winked; I rolled my eyes and looked the other way. He gave me another jostle and I tightened my grip on him.

“Just don’t drop me; again.” I muttered, still not looking at him. Having him carry me was so embarrassing, I don’t care how nice it was; he’s up to something.

“Don’t move and I won’t drop you.” He retorted, I’m assuming that he had a smirk on his face but I refused to look at him. I won’t do it unless I have to. When we arrived at his place, or his gang’s place, he dropped me on the ground again.

“HEY!” I shouted, glaring up at him. He had a smirk on his face and he struggled to keep his laughter in.

“I have to open the door, don’t I?”

“You’re such a-”

“Remember Princess, someone as pretty as you shouldn’t say any cuss words.” He grinned.

“I’ll say whatever the heck I want to say, Mr. Man-handler!”  I growled, grimacing when he yanked me up back into his arms.

“Okay okay, Princess.” He smirked.

“I swear if you don’t stop smirking I’ll…”

“You’ll what, slap me?” He teased setting me down on the couch.

“No.”

“What will you do then?” He asked, as he left the room to go into the bathroom.

“I’ll shoot you in the head.” I stated, staring out the window. In all honesty my words had no real threat behind them.

“Yeah yeah…” He smiled as he at down in front of me with a bottle of pain killers. “Take four; it’s prescription strength.” He poured out four pills, and held his hand out for me.

“How do I know that you-”

“I’m not trying to poison you. You need to get better before we can fight you all. We may be a gang but we’re not that low.” He joked, nudging his hand out to me.

“Fine.” I whispered, slowly I reached out and gathered the pills and waited as he went and got me something to drink.

“It’s water.” I popped the pills in my mouth and took a gulp from the glass.

“This maybe the only time you hear me say this but…Thank you.”
“You’re welcome Princess. Now your friends will be here to pick you up soon, after they finish school.”

“Wait, why here?” I asked him. I was totally confused by what he said.

“They told me to get you and bring you here and said that they’ll get you from here and you all can go shopping.”

Ugh shopping, the source of all my problems….well maybe not the source, just one of them.