Chapter 4

Thorns

"Okay so...Marky poo has a crush on JangMi!" Yugyeom chanted ahead of me. I laughed and looked at Mark. His face was bright red and he continued to mumble incoherent things from behind me. From what I could tell Yugyeom probably wasn't far off with his teasing.

"Mark come on~ He's just teasing you." I said, grabbing onto his arm and hanging off of him. He turned his head and glared at Yugyeom, who was now falling over with laughter.

"It's him teasing me that's the problem. He's younger than me! I should be teasing him!" He sighed exasperated. I gently gave his arm a squeeze and he smiled at me a little.

"I'm younger than you, would me teasing you be a problem?" I joked, watching him roll his eyes he shook me off of him. Yugyeom then smiled down at me and pushed me behind once we entered through the school gates.

"Meet us behind the cafeteria during lunch." Mark whispered, as he and Yugyeom walked ahead to meet up with their gang. It was a disturbing sight to see; Ari, MiCha and HwaYoung were all with Got7. This wasn't good.

I balled my fist up and took a deep breath before heading to the main classroom. I needed to get the weapons from that room before the girls had a chance to get to them. The last thing I needed was to be defenseless and them to have the advantages. 

As soon as Mark and Yugyeom were talking to them I ran to the room. Of course by now the news of the gang slitting had hit everybody. It was apparently the talk to the school, by both the staff and students. Even the gangs who had lost to us knew, which was trouble.

'GOT7 IN CHARGE' was spray painted all over the walls.

Once I entered the room I searched all over for the weapons but I couldn't find them. I began to panic and sweat when I heard footsteps and people talking. 

I'm screwed. 

"Well,well,well, would you look what the cat dragged in!" A voice sounded from the doorway. I spun around and saw Got7 along with the girls standing in the doorway. Everyone but Mark, Yugyeom and BamBam were smirking.

"I'd say the same thing to you." I replied, willing my voice not to shake or crack. Mark gave me a nod from the back, almost encouraging me.

"Well we're not the mouse now, are we?" Jr. smirked thrilling his gun around, with HwaYoung on his left arm. I glared at her and a shot was fired. I jumped away from the noise but fell down from a sharp pain in my leg.

"Does that hurt?" HwaYoung sneered walking over to me. I looked up at her and held my glare as I tried to stay strong.

"No." 

Bend; don’t break.

"Again then Jr." She demanded and he fired another shot, this time it hit me in the shoulder. I bit my tongue as the pain soared through my body. I wanted to cry so badly but I knew that I couldn't give up.

Bend; don’t break.

"What about now?" Ari growled while walking over to me. I grabbed onto my shoulder and held in a groan but I refused to give in.

"No, I'm fine." 

"Gosh you just don't know when to give in do you?" HwaYoung sighed, taking the gun from Jr. She pointed it at my head and looked me in the eyes. "Now tell me: Are you scared?" 

Bend; don’t break.

"No." I stated staring down the barrel of the gun. 

"You should be." She began to pull the trigger.

I didn't once close my eyes nor did I blink.

"Stop it!" Yugyeom shouted while rushing towards me. I tried my best to say something but it looked like at this moment I wasn't able to find it. 

"Yugyeom get out of the way." The leader commanded while walking towards us. I stared at the back of Yugyeom's feet. He didn't move, and if he didn't then he would most certainly be committing mutiny.   

"No, I won't." He firmly stated; I looked Marks face in horror. His face held the same expression that mine did.

Was he trying to get himself killed?

"You're like my baby brother, don't make me have to shoot you." He warned again, this time his voice didn't sound like it had a warning tone to it. This voice was shaking the entire time he was speaking; he couldn't shoot Yugyeom. Not even if he wanted to.

"I'm not moving JB, and that's final." 

"Yugyeom, move please. I don't want anything to happen to you." I whispered trying to nudge his legs forward, but they were firmly planted on the ground.

"No! I'm not moving." He replied, squatting on the ground and glaring up at the others. I looked at Mark again and he was smiling. It was then that I saw BamBam walking over to me with his medical bag in his hand. 

Were they all trying to get themselves killed?

"JB might not shoot you but I will!" MiCha said while yanking the gun away from HwaYoung. She aimed it at Yugyeom and fired it. Once the bullet hit him blood flew back at me.

I screamed.

Bend.

It was then when Yugyeom's body fell backwards onto me. She shot him in the abdomen. That could be a fatal shot. He could die. He's going to die. 

He can't die.

Don’t break.

BamBam ran forwards and immediately began to work on Yugyeom. Mark and JB ran forward to us while Jr and one other shot MiCha. HwaYoung stared at them in horror.

Don’t break

MiCha is dead.

Yugyeom is dying.

Blood was all over the place. Blood was all over me. I couldn't tell if it was my blood or Yugyeom's. I couldn't even think clearly right now. 

Don’t break.

Yugyeom was losing a lot of blood, fast. I began to hold his hand at some point, but I don't know when.

"Everything's going to be fine." He coughed, while trying to smile. Blood poured out of his mouth and I sobbed. The one who protected me was dying in my arms. 

Don’t.

Two arms pulled me back away from him and I freaked.

Break

"No! Let me go!" I cried, struggling to get out of the strong grip. The arms pulled me flat against a strong yet lean build. Whoever's arms I was in were full of warmth. I turned to the body and sobbed into the person’s neck.

"It's okay. He'll be fine; he's strong." The person whispered, while tightening their grip on me, I knew who it was now, then again was there ever a question as to who it was. From the moment the person pulled me close to them I was encased in warmth. Of course I knew who it was.

Mark.

I can't develop feelings for him. I can't be with him. I've already done to much damage to him and the others. I need to get away.

I cried harder when I realized one thing was already to late to stop.

I had feelings for him. I wanted to be with him but I couldn't. I had a past and so does he. What he needs is to meet a girl where he can have a fresh start with.

He pulled me back away from him and out pressure on my wound on my shoulder. 

I bit my lip and looked for a gun.

Next to MiCha's body their was one. Of course I'd have to crawl to get it and with my leg profusely bleeding and everything spinning that might make things difficult. But I had to do this, I had to take care of something.

I got out of his grip and crawled over to MiCha's lifeless body. 

Blood was all over the ground. It was all over me. My hands. My arms. My face. My legs.

Don’t break. 

This was a blood bath.

Don’t break.

I was drowning in blood.

Don’t break.

I picked up the gun and pointed it at HwaYoung, Ari must've seen cause she yanked her gun out of her back pocket. 

I could get one and die. 

Bend.

Or I could bleed out and die.

Don't break.

I took the first option. Pulling the trigger I fired at HwaYoung and missed, but it hit Ari in her abdomen sending her to the ground. HwaYoung looked at me and kicked me in the face sending me on to the ground.  

Another shot fired and a body fell. HwaYoung's body to be exact.

Mark was next to me in a second and he picked me up.

"I'm taking her to see Taecyeon." He announced before leaving the room. He ran down the hallway and I bounced in his arms.

The whole way things would go black and then is hear Mark tell me to open my eyes. To which I would and then it would repeat over and over again.

I'm going to die is what I thought before I didn't open my eyes again.

I’m broken.