A Breakfast Punch

It starts with a BANG!

Someone was knocking at Niel's door which woke him up from his sleep. He thought he might have missed the alarm clock so he went to check on it. It was 6AM, which is one hour early before the set time. "Maybe is Dad who wants to take a look at me before going to work.", Niel thought. Niel's dad returned home late almost everyday, they didn't have a chance to meet each other. Niel got down the bed and reached for the door.

"Yes dad? It is still early.", Niel greets his dad half asleep, eyes closed.

"Do I look like your dad?', said C.A.P at the door.

Niel immediately looked up and yes, it was definately C.A.P!

"S-orry! I thought it was my dad.", Niel apologised.

"My dad and mom got to rush to the hospital for my grandma so there won't be any breakfast. Just informing you.", C.A.P turns and walks back to his room.

"I-if you want, I can make breakfast for the 3 of us.", Niel suggested.

"Huh? Ricky will eat in school and I don't want to taste your cooking.", said C.A.P with his back facing Niel.

"Then shall we have our breakfast in school before the lesson starts?", Niel suggested again.

"That is a better idea. Be ready by 7AM, if not I will leave for school myself.", C.A.P enters his room after that.

Niel was ready by 6.45AM and he waited for C.A.P patiently in the living room. A while later, Niel could hear footsteps along the stairs. It was C.A.P. Niel stood up from the sofa and got behind C.A.P. The two of them then set their foot to the school. Niel still tries to keep his distance away from C.A.P as he doesn't want the girls to see them being so close together. He doesn't want the girls' mouth go rotten and trampled on C.A.P's reputation. He doesn't care about his because no one give a damm about Class F. But C.A.P is different. The two didn't spoke a word until they reach the canteen.

It was quite early so there isn't many students in the canteen. C.A.P and Niel went to order their food separately and returned to the same table, sat opposite to each other. C.A.P was reading a book while having his breakfast. Niel sat there watching him quietly. C.A.P who finds it weird for Niel to be so quiet when he is such of a chatterbox. He moved his book a little and took a peek at Niel. 

"Is my book looks interesting to you?", C.A.P asked.

"Huhhh, uhhh, ahhh, ehhh, nooo....", Niel stumbled.

"You can just talk if you want to, you don't have to force youself not to talk. A chatterbox that don't talk will suffocate.", said C.A.P.

"I don't want to disturb you or say things that will anger you.", Niel replied.

"Well, you already disturbed me since day one, so what's new?", C.A.P smirked.

It was the first time Niel seen C.A.P smirked. The cold blooded C.A.P smirked at the guy whom he rejected. Not only that, he talks more than usual and would show care to Niel indirectly. C.A.P is changing slowly. C.A.P still not aware of that himself.

"Wow, it is so rare to see you here so early.", said Chunji who appeared from the back.

"Hey you stupid boy, why are you here with C.A.P?'', LJoe who came behind Chunji confronted Niel.

"Leave him alone guys. It is just a breakfast, not a wedding dinner.", said C.A.P who was starring at his friends.

"Fine! Whatever!", LJoe then stomped off, pulling Chunji alone.

"I...I think your friends are mad at you. I can explained to them!", Niel was getting ready to chase after them.

"No, you will make things worst. Just finished up your breakfast.", said C.A.P who grabbed Niel by the hand.

Niel did as told and after which, they headed back to class.

"See you later!", Niel said.

"Uh-huh", C.A.P acknowledged.

Niel was kinda happy because it looks like C.A.P defended him from his friends. Niel was really scare of LJoe because the look on LJoe's face just now was intensive. Chunji is still fine, but his words are like knives.

"Class!, I had passed down the Sports' Day participation list down the row. Just tick the boxes accordingly. It is a voluntary, not a compulsory participation. You will not be penalised for not participating. But as your teacher, I want a 100% participation. No excuses!", the teacher announced.

Niel opted in for all the runs, just like C.A.P.

"Sorry class, I forgot to tell you the most important information for this Sports' Day. We will be up against Class A, the elite class! So I am gonna train you all so hard that we gonna kick their asses! Training will start next week so be ready for the worst!", the teacher added.

Niel's jaw dropped because it means he will be competing against C.A.P in all the categories he chosen. "I can't wait to see the look on C.A.P's face if he loses.", Niel having evil thoughts again. "I'm gonna train like mad next week. I will win C.A.P!", Niel said to himself.

It was then lunch time so Niel and Changjo left the class to the canteen. They took a turn over the corner and LJoe was there alone. LJoe walked towards Niel and grabbed him by the collar.

"This is the last warning. If I see you again with C.A.P, don't blame me if I hurt you. He is my guy, I love him.", LJoe left after leaving a punch at Niel's left cheeks.

Changjo was about to confront LJoe, but Niel stopped him. Changjo then help Niel up and cleans off the blood stained on his cheeks.

"Does it hurts alot?", Changjo asked Niel with a sad face.

"Not at all! His punch is like a chicken! I bet his hands hurts from hitting me instead!", Niel joked to make Changjo feels better.

Actually it hurts so much that he couldn't chew the food properly. But he hid it from Changjo because he knows that Changjo will definately hit LJoe back. Changjo is a guy who does things without thinking the consequences. He can get really violent if someone he cares or loved got hurt. That is why Niel is trying his best to show Changjo that he is totally fine.

Later that day Niel walked home alone after school. He could still recall what has LJoe said to him and he is worried that LJoe would really hurt him. Niel opened the door and C.A.P was siting in the middle of the living room.

"Hey C.A.P.", Niel greeted but sounds a little off because of the pain at the cheek.

C.A.P noticed the changed of voice, turned to Niel.

"Did you take in too much valium air during science lesson?", C.A.P asked in sarcasm.

It was quite dark because it is already evening. The lights is the living room wasn't on.

"Haha, maybe. I'm too greedy.", Niel tries to joke to hide his akwardness.

Niel quickly walked passed C.A.P to get to his room to hide his swollen cheeks. He didn't succeed. C.A.P stopped him.

"Let me see your face.", said C.A.P.

"Have you gain interest on my ugly face?", Niel joked again.

"Cut that act. I know LJoe punched you straight at your face.", C.A.P raised his tone by now.

"N...No, I was looking at my phone I didn't realise there was a pole infront, so I banged into it.", Niel tries to cover for LJoe.

C.A.P went closer to Niel and hold his face by the jaw. 

"It looks quite bad, you should see a doctor.", C.A.P was almost whispering and Niel could felt his breath against his cheek.

"It is ok, I will put some medication in the first aid box and it will heal in a day or two!", said Niel.

"No, see the doctor now, I will not repeat myself.", said C.A.P with that pair of cold eyes again starring back at Niel.

Later that night, C.A.P brought Niel to the family doctor to have him check on Niel. The family doctor did some cleansing over the cheeks and applied some antibiotic cream over the wound. Niel was given oral medication to stop the swelling and pain.

After which, they had dinner at the nearby resturant and headed home for bed after that.

"Take your medications and go to bed. My parents will not be home over the weekends so we need to settle food by ourselves. I will seek to it tomorrow. Now, rest well.", said C.A.P who is standing outside Niel's bedroom.

"Thank you C.A.P. You too rest well, good night", Niel said with a smile.

 

* * * I will be on hiatus for a while because I'm back to work. So the next chapter may be up only by weekend. Please continue to support me and awaits for the next chapter, thank you ^^