The Unlucky Guy

It starts with a BANG!
First day in high school and Niel is already running late for class. Clumsy and careless in nature or some named him "Jinx" or "The Unlucky Boy", forgot to set the alarm clock for school. So there he goes running up the stairs, into the hallway and almost one feet more round the corner, that will be his class -- Class E for the "Extraordinary Stupid" being named by the other superior classes. 

There was this guy from Class A, namely C.A.P the genius / elite was the most popular guy in school among the girls, not just his class but the rest of the classes in the entire school! Because of the cold look and a man of few words, he had only a few close friends who would stick with him all the time. They were Chunji and LJoe. Every morning, the 3 musketeers will take a stroll along the hallway before the class commences.

Niel, who is almost reaching the class, dashed with all his might to cut through the corner, "BANG" into C.A.P who was just behind the corner. Niel couldn't stop in time so he carelessly and clumsily planted his very first kiss onto C.A.P's lips. They exchanged eye contact and C.A.P was starring at Niel. Cold and expressionless, C.A.P pushed Niel away who still have not recovered from the shock. C.A.P then walked away from Niel as if nothing just happened.

Changjo, a classmate who has a crush on Niel, witnessed the whole incident. He ran to Niel and pulled him away from the scene.

"Niel, are you okay?!", Changjo was shaking the dazed Niel.

"Huh??... I...I'm okay, we need to get back to the class.", Niel stumbled over his words and ran into the class, feeling embarrassed.

"Who is that clumsy boy that got the guts to kiss my guy!?" It was LJoe who has a crush on C.A.P was furious.

"Who cares? He is just someone insignificant from the lousy class. Why are you so agitated?", said Chunji who was carrying a torch for LJoe since elementary school.

C.A.P didn't utter a word.

Niel went in the class and all came asking him how does it feels to kiss the most handsome guy in school. One by one keep crowding around Niel, even some from other classes were outside his classroom came and join in the gossip. At this instance, Niel, instead of feeling stress because being pressurized, he was blushing away and the look on his face is like as if he was falling in love. Everyone saw it.

Changjo who feels insecure with that look on Niel's face, chases everyone away from his crush and kept telling Niel to stop daydreaming.

Of course, Niel totally ignored Changjo. To him, Changjo is a close friend, like a brother to him. Despite rejecting him countless times, he just couldn't give up. Niel had given up to ask his friend to give up.

That day, Niel wasn't paying any attention in class at all. His mind kept recalling that incident, and he realised he has fell in love with that cold guy. Niel then decided to write C.A.P a letter of confession. He spent the first half of the class trying to write an error-free love letter. In the letter you can see blanks over here and there because these are the words Niel didn't know how to write or express in words. No matter how hard he tried, the letter of confession just have to go with the blanks.

It was lunch break and everyone was dispersing to the canteen. The thoughts of handling this letter over to C.A.P makes Niel have butterflies in the stomach so he skipped lunch and waited for C.A.P at the place where they "kissed". 

"What do you want to eat C.A.P?" asked LJoe.

Niel heard the voices behind him so he turned towards that direction, getting ready to confess to C.A.P.

"I want...."

"Please accept my letter of confession!", said Niel who was bending 90 degrees, holding the letter forward with both hands to C.A.P.

"I don't want it." said C.A.P who was annoyed because his conversation got interrupted.

C.A.P then walked out of Niel again the second time.

Niel was ultimately disappointed and embarrassed of being rejected straight to the face, with so many onlookers around. Niel can even hear others were talking behind his back calling him "ugly", "stupid", "shameless", etc and those awful nicknames.

Niel was not in the mood to listen to the second half of the class. He was literally sitting there, dazed. He was really upset. 

School ended and Niel was walking home alone. He always walk home together with Changjo after school, just not today. Niel was walking home aimlessly like a broken hearted girl. Niel's household is suitated a level up of a gas supplier store. A lot in the neighborhood moved out because afraid of the effect gas can do. Niel didn't came from a well off family so they didn't had enough money to move out to a safer place. 

Niel walked passed a shopping mall who has a big plasma television. Niel has this habit of watching the screen each time he passed because he longed for a big television like this too at home. Every time he would stand about 15-30 minutes.

It was about 7PM where news channel will be broadcasting live. Niel stood there and awaits for the news.

"Earlier just now, around 6PM, a few blocks of house were caught in a fire incident in Gangnam-Dong. The fire brigade is still trying put out the fierce fire. It was hearsay that one of the worker from the Gas Supplier Store was found smoking and drinking in the store. It was suspected he was the culprit behind this fire incident. All the electricities has been cut off and all the residents have been evacuted." Niel's jaw dropped because that was his house that is on fire.

The area has been guarded by the police and no one is allow to enter the site. Niel stood there helplessly, watching his house burns down to ash. Tears starts to flow down his rosy cheeks.

"Oh , Dad!? Oh my god, what if Dad is inside?", Niel ran to the police and begging him to let him find his Dad who might be still in the house.

"Let me enter, you bastard. My son is in there! Let me go in!", Beside Niel was a man screaming at a policeman who was holding him off.

Niel turned and it was his Dad. They were so thankful that neither of them was caught in the fire. They hugged together while watching the house in flames. The fire brigade finally put out the fire, but the house couldn't be save. The fire was too fierce and beyond control.

Niel and his Dad now left with nothing. Every thing was gone with the flame. They got no choice but to spend the night over at the Kimchi Shop, the only property they have now.