-9-

Standing On The Side Line

HAPPY TWO YEARS ANNIVERSARY BOYS!! MUACH MUACH! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! LOVE YOU ALWAYS. THIS UPDATE IS FOR CONGRATULATING YOU GUYS!

COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBES AND UPVOTES!

_____________________

 

I thought that he was joking when he wrote that sticky note, but two hours later, when I have done with my cleaning and preparing to go home, I find him standing in front of his locker whilst leaning against the metal door. I blink at him, wondering why he hasn’t gone home, until a certain image of sticky note comes into my mind.

My mouth falls agape as I look at him, not believing myself to utter a word at him.

He raises one of his perfect sculptured eyebrows at me and asks with his raspy voice, “Are you done?”

I meekly nod my head, unable to say anything yet.

He chuckles and my heart beats faster that I hope he won’t be able to hear it. “Let’s go.”

I follow him out from the school ground and to his car, a blue Subaru Brz. It awes me since I have never imagined myself to sit inside such an expensive car, and the thought of sitting inside, making my inside thrills in expectation.

He opens the passenger door like a gentleman I dream him to be, and I not-so gracefully slink inside the seat. I hit my head, yes, that happen mostly every time.

We are already on the road for quite a long time when I notice that we aren’t going to the direction of my house.

I peer at him and ask quietly, “Where are we going?”

He looks at me briefly and curls his lips into a small, enigmatic smile. “Somewhere.”

I want to probe for more, but the thought of going somewhere secretive with him makes my inside curls and twists in the most impossible ways. I hope this feeling just stop doing what it’s doing.

The ride is over too soon for my likeness, but I enjoy the fact that he’s bringing me somewhere. I gasp when I see the building standing in front of me. A unique, ancient-Greece-like building stands tall in front of me. It is vast and humongous. My eyes blink excessively at the unimaginable like building.

“Where are we?” I ask in a whisper.

“My house.”

I gasp and look at him with disbelieving look. No way.

“It’s my house.” He says seriously.

“Why are you bringing me here?” I ask with a dry mouth.

“I want to bring someone special here,” He replies.

I blink at him. “Why me?” I am not pretending that I don’t understand, but I really don’t get what he meant.

He turns me so I can look at him better. “I have never felt like this before; I know we have never talk, we don’t know anything about each other, but… but I felt like I’ve known you for a long time and… and I…” He leans in and I close my eyes, waiting…

 

 

“Wake up.” A voice says, slowly bringing me back to life.

I groan slightly, feeling a little bit annoyed at that someone. I have a nice dream which finally surfaces back after being forgotten this morning. I open my eyes and see that a tall figure standing before me. Groaning slightly, I look up and see a pair of dark eyes.

I blink. And blink again.

Kai stands in front of me, not amused to see me fallen asleep. “Why do you sleep?” He asks.

“Er… I… I happened to fall asleep.” I stand up front the bench inside the locker room. “I’m sorry! It won’t happen again!”

“It shouldn’t.” He says rather angrily. But his tone is flat and he shows no emotion.

I gulp and nod, quickly gathering my stuffs so I can go home.

Just when I’m about to walk through the door, though, he speaks. “Where are you going? Didn’t you read my note earlier?”

I look back in surprise. The note is real? I thought I was dreaming about it! I look at him and gape. Flustered, I said, “Wait, so it is real? The note is real?”

He looks at me funnily and laughs before he can stop himself. “Were you dreaming about it?”

I blush furiously and close my eyes. How embarrassing! “I weren’t!” I shot. “I didn’t dream of anything.” I lie.

After calming himself down, he throws me a quick grin. “Whatever you say.” He states and slings his bag over his shoulder. “Let’s go, shall we?”

As we walk out from the school ground, I imagine a Subaru Brz welcomes me, but instead, a rebellious-looking black color Harley Davidson welcomes me. My mouth falls open, but no words come out from it. He looks at me with squinted eyes before then understanding my shock.

“You’ve never been on a motorcycle before?” He asks jokingly.

I shake my head seriously.

His eyes widen and I hear a cuss word comes out from his lips, but I don’t mind it. He purses his lips and furrows his brows as he thinks deeply. “Are you scared?” He questions, tilting his head to me.

I look at him. “At the motorcycle? No.”

A small smirk curls on his lips. “Are you afraid on trying?”

I shake my head.

He walks toward his motorcycle and sits down, balancing the vehicle and starting the engine. I blink in surprise, before he grins at me. “What are you doing? Hop on!” He says, throwing me a helmet lightly.

Slightly confused and startled, I take the helmet and walk toward him slowly. I hop onto the vehicle with his help and uncomfortably look down at my skirt, which has moved upward and exposed more skin to the world. He notices it and takes off his school jacket. He turns toward me and leans forward, in which I flinch and stop breathing.

He wraps the cloths around my waist and makes sure the wider part to cover the exposed skin. When he leans away, I find myself catching breath. However, I find my inner Inna smiles in satisfaction and excitedly jumps up and down.

The engine roars loudly and road, here we come.

 

 

 

After a serving of ddukbokki and fishcake, Kai and I decide to go home. He drives me home on his motorcycle and I need to admit, I like being on the motorcycle. It is cooling and making me feel free. He stops a few blocks away from my home as I have asked him.

“Thanks for the food.” I smile gratefully at him. I really feel happy and thankful. Although it is nothing like a five star restaurant food, but enjoying it with him make everything much better.

“No problem.” He says, taking back the helmet from me. “Thanks to accept my offer.”

The sun has slowly fallen and now the sky is in shade of pink and blue, with a hint of fading yellow. I look up at the sky and a soft sigh escapes my lips. “It is a delicious treat.”

“Of course.” He cockily says and I chuckle.

“Well, you should get going now.” I suggest and wave.

“Aren’t you walking back home?” He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I look at him in confusion. “Well, aren’t you going first?”

He laughs again. “There’s no way I’d leave you her on the street! Although it is a few blocks away, you need to leave first. I’m a guy after all.”

Shaking my head at his philosophy, I say in defeat, “Alright then. I’d be leaving.”

But after I walk a few steps away, I stop and turn around.

He looks at me in surprise, as he doesn’t expect it.

my dry lips in hesitation, I ask, “Do you want to come and eat dinner?”