Ready... Set... Love! (by numrock12)

Heart-Warming, Thought Provoking & Refreshing Fanfic Recommendations | aka hopelesswriter's Selection

Title: Ready... Set... Love!

Author: numrock12

Characters: You & Alexander

Length/status: Thirty-Five Chapters/Completed

 

I'll be honest here, I thought hard whether or not to include this but I decided to go with my first feelings for this fic. When I first read it, I fell in love with it. I mean, it's so perfectly cozy, even though I normally don't fancy 'you' fic, but the way this fic is written in diary entry form-and there's even a reason behind it, and especially the relationship between the main character(you aka Akira) and her father is just so heartwarming. And I like the setting, where everyone sound like they're Japanese(a break from common kpop fanfic setting), except for Xander of course. lol. And the fact that Xander is just a mysterious, quiet, cold guy for like half of the fic or more, while she had this annoying guy becoming her boyfriend. Ugh. But what made me almost change my mind is...dundundun...as an avid reader who squealed(k, that's exaggeration,or not?) at every update notification, one day i found that events/part of plot in the fic had changed, in a way that made the characters suddenly seem a little out of character, n made the story a little less unique than it was initially. So I asked the writer, but she said she didn't change it. well, maybe I'm the crazy/high on crack one. or a devil secretly changed it>< But, regardless of the mystery, I'll still recommend it for the warm feelings of family ties and also the writing format that i adore, it's still lovely. Try it, you might love it. I know I do.

If that wasn't enough to make you want to read, three more reasons:

  1. Xander! i mean, isn't that enough a reason? He's a really funny and interesting and charming guy. (stalking his twitter updates would be enough to brighten your day..ahem..lol) Hahah, sorry i fangirled after seeing him in We Are Dating. i'm still disappointed, Jihae ended up with Eli...ugh. way to ruin my ship :< (anyone wanna spazz this show with me? i only watched jihae's parts though... that they canceled the show after a few eps..it's way better than WGM methink)
  2. You love reading people's diary you bad kid...oops, sorry, i forgot the diary belongs to 'you'. lol.
  3. [spoiler] For the first 18 chapters(well there might be skips here n there but yeah), you get Xander picspam. yay.

 

Here, give it a try: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/94729/

 

and as usual...i don't care if the writers care or not, but don't be silent readers if you read a story till the end. Don't be rude, guys.