[♥] Persona (by DeeHudgens94)

Heart-Warming, Thought Provoking & Refreshing Fanfic Recommendations | aka hopelesswriter's Selection

 

Title: Persona

Author: DeeHudgens94

Characters: Kim Hyungjun, Park Jungmin || Kim Hyunjoong, Kim Kyujong, Heo Youngsaeng (SS501), people around them, OCs

Length/status: Thirty-Seven Chapters // On-going

Caution: Maybe not for weak-hearted ones. idk bout you, but i can never see Jungmin n Hyungjun the same way again...lol. psh exaggerated much rite? oh, and this is NOT , if you're expecting...heh...

 

video belongs to: BabyKyuRaTS501@youtube (not mine obviously)

 

"What if your best friend leaves without a goodbye?"

Yes, what if?

Anyway, am I the only one who got goosebumps from that one little tagline? Say it isn't so because that itsy bitsy preview is enough to signal a potentially awesome story, and awesome would be an understatement here. Beautiful is an understatement too. Never mind if you're not SS501 fan, never mind if you don't even know them...just know that it's your own ing lost if you don't give this story a try. In fact, even if you don't know them, you could learn their personalities just from reading this, though having some background knowledge would make it just a little more fun but not a requirement definitely. Might as well admit, I've finally found another fic to call my ultimate favourite(though it's too early to decide since it's still ongoing but hey...37 chapters have yet to disappoint me).

This is a story of... yes, friendship and brotherhood...in the purest form and deepest depth and meaning of love...I can't even...and it deals with subject/plot/conflicts you don't see everyday, delivered from first person POV in a very poignant and heartwarming delivery. Seriously. I don't want to give away too much(though you know i'm capable of it) because you need to find it out on your own to feel it(and please try not to stalk my comments *side-eyeing you stalkers*)...but let's just say it's a story that will make you think about life and people around you, that you always overlook. How's that?

Can a story be so compelling, and filled to the brim with love without any romance in a way even the cheesiest romance/ stories can't offer?

What do you ing think is my answer?

 

If that wasn't enough to make you want to read, threefourfive more reasons:

  1. You're set for an amazing ride of emotional roller coaster you'll never be able to handle yet draws you in enough to believe you're really riding it. (don't even try making sense of this statement cuz it doesn't even make sense to me. lol)
  2. You love MinJun but think is overrated. (yeah...at least i think so, seriously... is so overrated now that people automatically consider a fic is good when it's n it's lame when it's not like fking seriously? even though i do love boyXboy pairings/stories n i ship MinJun...why else am i lurking in their fic? duh...)....i can guarantee this is so ing much better than any overrated ...well, unless you're not really looking for great quality read that is.
  3. You want to learn to be great detectives, handle mental disorder patients(no offense intendedT^T), how to find the strength you never know you have, or simply, the meaning of best friends.
  4. You want to go crazy...or cry like crazy without hating the goddamn tears. Or crazy of crying n laughing, gasping in panic and sighing in relief alternatelylike crazy person from the most heartwarming friendship of the most amazing buddies ever. n the swearing overload. haha. Just make sure you have enough tears to spare.
  5. I forgot this...but...this is a great place to learn lots of Korean words/phrases...but on your own of course...lol. take some initiative to google...it ain't that hard. xD

Here, give it a try: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/399942/

 

ps: the swearings are all in the spirit of giving sneak peak of the character or impact may caused by the fic. please understand. Thank you.

pps: the song above had nothing to do with the fic. it's just something i think goes along exceptionally well with the fic. though if you want more emotional, all their performances are really emotional...especially THIS.

 

-

 

like any of my recommendation so far? let me know which ones so i know what kind of fics to continue looking for while reading n recommending my fav fics...are you guys bored of so many friendship fics? do you need more romance? or family? dark? angst? fluff? or idk...name it...as long as not exo(or other trending groups)...lol...like seriously there's a hundred more recommendation shop giving you exo so don't expect from here unless they're just minor characters...
Just don't waste my effort by being silent readers to fics i recommend...