Eleven

sudden death

A/N; for all of you who've been keeping up with seventeen, you should all know that MingMing is no longer with Seventeen and will not be debuting with the rest of the boys. Nonetheless, i will try my best to finish this story bec i'm already here and i'll always consider Mingming as part of our Seventeen family :) Let's all support him in his future careers along with Doyoon that will also not be joining the boys in debut. (I know i havent updated in centuries tree finally pushed me to do it)

-

Contact name: Chan<3

Status: Offline since yesterday, 7am K.S.T

-

"Hey, are you still awake?" Mingming texted me a little after midnight. 

"Yeah," I replied and moments later, i got a call.

"So I went to give your mom food, she was kind of disappointed to not see you there," Mingming said, he sounded tired.

"Oh. Yeah, she's my mom, i guess. Thanks for giving food to her," I played with the silver ring that i still had not returned Mingming. I had reminded myself constantly to give it back to him, but somehow, I coudn't let go of it before finding out what was going on with Mingming and Chan.

"..."

"..."

"Well, it's late, we should probably both go to sleep," Mingming finally said.

"Okay. And um Ming? Have you heard anything from.. Chan?" I asked, hesitating because Chan might be a sensitive topic to him at this point of time.

"No, haven't talked to him in ages either. You should sleep. Night."

"Night."

-

"It's 5 days till the first round of competitions, I heard the competitors aren't easy this year," I made small talk with Soonyoung the next morning because HyoJoon had dragged Mingming away to ''practice'' as soon as we reached school.

"Yeah. I'm kind of giving up already, theres's no way i can do this with such tight competition," Soonyoung sighed with slouched shoulders.

"Hey, don't say that. You're an amazing dancer. If you think you can,, you will," I tried to cheer him up. He had to be really upset, the loud and cheerful Soonyoung rarely showed his sad back to others. He smiled a little, being weak to compliments since young.

"You should see Hansol''s and Mingming's routines, there's no chance for me at this competition," Soonyoung shrugged the shrug again. He was really giving up now. "Hansol is amazing, as usual. Mingming, he's a little different. I don't think i've ever seen him this way before. The way he looks when he's practicing his moves really makes you feel like theres a winner standing in front of your eyes."

Maybe it was the way he described Mingming, or maybe it was the way I had imagined how Mingming would look like when he was dead serious about something, but moret han ever, i wanted to find out the truth about Mingming and his sketches and polaroids.

-

"Hey," i greeted Mingming when i saw him in the hallway, but he only walked past me, as if i was not there at all. I looked back at him as he rumaged through his locker. I figured he forgot his books or something, but he was throwing all his books to the ground and practically cleaning out his entire locker. Then, he knelt down on the ground and searched through all his books again. People started to stare at him as they walked past. Who wouldn't, he was creating such a scene.

"Get up, people are staring at you," I said to Mingming but he didn't seem to hear me at all.

"Where did i put it.... I don't remember bringing it anywhere," he muttered as he flipped through all the pages of his textbooks. People were starting to whisper already, and Mingming was freaking me out.

"Hey," I fianlly touched his arm. "Listen to me, get off the floor, everyone is staring," I snapped and Mingming finally turned to look at me. For the first time since i had met Mingming, there was fear written all over his face. It made me terrified too, to see the usually cool and collected Mingming in such a panic state.

"What are you looking for??" I helped him to gather his books and put it back in the locker, but the look of anxiety would not escape his face. He messed up his hair in a frustrated manner and slammed his fists against the lockers. There was an audible gasp in the hallway and everyone turned silent.

"I can't lose it," Mingming said in a small voice.

"Lose what? Ming, talk to me. What do you want to find? I'll help you, we'll find it together," I tried to whsiper as I didn't want anyone else to keep staring at Mingming like he was some kind of animal.

"Even if i told you, you wouldn't know. What's the use?" he finally faced me and raised his voice. At that point, i was trembling so much, i could varely think straight. What was going on with him? 

"Hey, whoa. Cool down. There's no need to shout at her," a familiar voice came to my rescue as Doyoon emerged from the crowd of people to stand by my side,

"Move along people, there's nothing to see here!" Soonyoung said and the crowd slowly strated to disperse as Mingming's breathing only became heavier.

"Tell me what's wrong, i'll do my best to help you. You know you can trust me, Ming," I tried to inch closer to Mingming, but who knew, he might blow up anytime. He kept quiet for a long time as he tried to regulate his breathing. By then, all the students had gone and there was only me, Mingming, Doyoon and Soonyoung left in the hallway.

"I..lost something precious, very precious to me," Mingming frowned. "You wouldn't know what i'm talking about anyway. But i lost a silver ring. That ring means everything in this world to me, and i misplaced it. Damn, I should have kept it better, in a safer place."

Mingming cursed under his breath as he bagan to search through his locker again. Obviously, the ring wasn't in any of the places he had searched. It was right in front of him, in my jeans pocket.

-

 

 

 

 

 

;A; i hate ending it like this but it's late >_> bYe

and also

#RIPEunb <3