Ten

sudden death

"Hi, can't talk for long, I got to practice my dance," Soonyoung said. "Not going to be late for practice because my partner's really pretty." Soonyoung had partnered up with a girl called Sunghwa from his class. She was smart and responsible so I figured she had no trouble controlling a boy like Soonyoung.

"Someone's getting all lovey-dovey," Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "Well, it's time for me to go and practice too. See you all." Seungcheol grabbed his backpack and walked off with his partner, a tall and skinny girl following behind him. Hansol and Jia were nowhere to be seen, It seemed they were spending more time with each other now.

"My Ming, where did you disappear to last night? I thought we had a date at my house," Hyojoon slung her arm in between Mingming's and tousled his hair. Right, I had forgotten about her. 

"Whatever, I have time now, so we should go and think about our dance," Mingming edged away from Hyojoon but she managed to keep herself stuck to Mingming the entire time. Soonyoung and Jihoon silently made their way to the practice room with their partners. No one actually wanted to be near Hyojoon, she was a real pain.

"Alright, let's go now. We have lots to do," Hyojoon giggled and pulled Mingming away before he could even say goodbye.

"Lonely, isn't it? When everyone leaves you because they dont have the same dreams as you do," I heard a voice say and a tall figure stand beside me.

"It's okay. I'm used to being lonely. Besides, I have you, you still owe me that cup of coffee right?"

Doyoon took out his wallet and counted his money. "Let's go now, then."

-

"Two lattes and a piece of cheesecake, please," Doyoon said to the cashier at the school's student cafe. I reached for my wallet in my jeans pocket when I felt something small in there as well. Mingming's ring, I had totally forgot about it. I meant to put it back after a few days after examining it but it toally slipped my mind. I took it out. It was still in a good condition, shiny and clean.

"You love dancing, is it because..."

"No, it's not. I'm over it, maybe you should get over it too.

Something bothered me about Mingming's and Doyoon's conversation a few days ago. Did Doyoon know something about Mingming that would help me find out who the girl in his drawings was and why he drew her every night?

"So, I wanted to talk to you about something. It's about Mingming." I said.

"Ask away, I don't know him as well as Chan did but i'll try my best to answer you." Doyoon answered.

I pondered for a long time. What should I ask him? Asking him directly about the girl would come across as too insensitive, asking him about the drawings would already show that I was sneaking around in other's business.

"How was Mingming like when you met him? Was he the same person as he is now?" 

"Mingming definitely changed," Doyoon sighed. He looked almost... sad? "Back then, he used to talk a lot more, and he was open to trying lots of new things when Chan and us brought him around Seoul. I was a little annoyed by how fascinated he was at this place, and how he acted so close to Chan."

"When I brought Mingming to meet you a few days ago, you guys weren't happy to see him, because of the past?"

"No, no, no, of course not. We aren't that picky. When Mingming stayed in Korea for awhile, some stuff happened and he kind of... shut all of us out. Totally. He stopped talking suddenly, refused to come out of his dorm. When he did, all he did was stay in the practice room and dance. After a huge fight with all of us, he finally went back to China," Doyoon tried to recall more about it but he decided to say no more.

"So, what happened?" I decided to take a risk and ask.

"There was a girl. The rest of what happened, I think you should ask Mingming personally," Doyoon seemed uncomfortable talking about this topic.

"Okay. One last question, can you at least tell me her name? That's all I'm going to ask, really," I pleaded.

"Her name was Kim Hyo Sung."

Kim Hyo Sung. That name definitely triggered something deep in my memory.

K.H.S

-

(Hansol POV)

"No, your hand goes on my waist, not my shoulder," Jia frowned.

"Oh, haha, yeah," I tried to laugh it off. That was no mistake, I knew I had to hold her waist, but would she feel uncomfortable? That was a concern, I didn't want Jia and I to feel awkward because of a dance move, that would throw our entire routine off track.

"And you're okay with that?" I asked. Jia gave me a weird look.

"We came up with this routine together, of course I'm okay with that," she said and went to start the music again. "Are you allergic to girls or something? Just put your hands where it actually belongs, or I'll make sure to kick you hard."

Jia was back to her normal self again.

"Phew," I said. "It's getting really hot in here, don't you think?"

"Keep your opinions to your self, greaseball. Concentrate on the dance instead."

-

Mingming finally reappeared when I was planning to walk home.

"Were you about to go home without me?" Mingming eyed me suspiciously.

"Of course not, how did practice with the devil go?" 

"I almost died. We barely got anything done because she was all over me. I'm never going to win this thing," Mingming groaned. Maybe it was a really bad idea for me to convince Mingming to sign up for this competition.

"Let's just go home. I'll cook you dinner. I'll pack some for your mum and be back before 11," Mingming said, completely exhausted.

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: reALLY short chapter because I revealed quite a lot (ok not really)