Chapter 6 - Talk to me

My → First → Love












 

 

          

   

 






        ©AN OPHELIAC CREATION

‘Don’t make anything else of it.’

“Tch. What a jerk.” Yoona scowled as she robotically flipped the magazine over and scanned the contents on the back for anything somewhat eye catching. When nothing struck her attention, she set the flimsy paper back on the shelf and continued her zig zag through the aisles of the local convenience store as her mind replayed the conversation once again in her head.

‘I only walked with you because I wanted to make sure you were okay after yesterday. I won’t be walking with you anymore…’ “Don’t make anything else of it.” She mumbled in unison with the little voice inside of her head.  As the words left her dry mouth she could only grit her teeth as the rage surged through her veins like blood itself. Who said she was making anything else of it anyway?! BWOH?! Who?!

“Rrr---ahh!” She abruptly started stomping in place – looking less dignified than a small child who hadn’t gotten their way. It was the only civilized way she was able to vent though…at least she wasn’t smashing vases.

She couldn’t control the burning desire in the pit of her soul any longer, in all seriousness. On occasion, she was forced to act out in an attempt to wear her energy down.  It worked…temporarily. The time between the fits was more than enough for her mind to dwell on the topic and rebuild devils flame within her heart from being set asided and dismissed so easily. It had been three days since he had last made contact with her, only three, but nevertheless. She did not like being chastised because of little to no reasons at all.

“Tch, really, what a jerk. I’m glad he is gone.” Her words were spoken out loud – more or less, to convince herself…Someone doesn’t simply go from the title of savior to rotten man without some strength and repetition. The more she replayed what occurred in her head, like a broken record, the more she began to be believe that he was just like the rest of the foolish boys she ever meet.

Locked onto that belief like her life depended on it, Yoona spent the rest of the day doing casual and rather dull things in an attempt to sooth herself. Girly things…things that she could usually find herself beaming with gratification. Shopping, getting food, texting people she had little to no interest in, and of course, walking down the little trail back to her abode…her everyday routine. It usually satisfied her soul. Today, she had only a few bags daggling off her arms which was a much better spending habit than what happened more than not. She usually couldn’t even attempt to refrain from buying useless junk. Today however, she didn’t even feel the slightest bit urgent about a single item her eyes fell upon. Her mind was elsewhere. And despite her best efforts, it would not leave that dark place she called the thinking corner.

She was still cursing Junhyung out in her most hateful whisper she could manage as her feet crossed the path she was so accustomed to. She didn’t even have to be aware of who or what was around her, not when she could close her eyes and still find her way back to the cozy den she lived in. However…that was on days that nothing was the slightest bit out of the way. When nothing or no one was in her way. Today however, was not her day.

You see, as soon as she tuned down her hidden sidewalk that goes right down to her street, she came colliding into what felt like a wall of steel. As Yoona tumbled backwards while her mind and legs tried to find a middle ground she made out the outline of someone familiar standing right in front of her. Someone very familiar. He waited there as if he was frozen in place - as if her ramming right into him hadn't fazed him in the slightest.

However, despite her best efforts to maintain the same poker face he wore, she couldn't deny the urge to wince in pain. She hadn't been expecting him here at all - he did say he wouldn't be talking to her anymore..so why was he acting like a statue only a few ways of where she lived? Whatever the reason, she wouldn't make anything of it. Just like he asked her to. Not a word left her thin lips as she continued to press onwards, to return from where she came; dizzy or not.

Her march lasted not three second until he called her name...his voice had the same tone as a child whining. But she wasn't going to make anything of it. Nope, not anymore. She held her head high as she charged home. She was determined to give him a piece of his own medicine. And by the desperate pleads that echoed behind her, she guessed he was getting the same bitter taste she received only days ago.

He didn't just let her leave, he didn't have the same common respect she had for him. For every step she took, she heard him take one as well. What was this? She thought he didn't want to see her anymore  - and by her walking away from him, she was doing him a favor, was she not? Apparently, she was the only one who thought so. Since as soon she reached her front door, she was swiftly prevented from going inside. Instead, within a second her hands were above her head and she was pressed against the wooden front door.

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?!" She snarled in protest as he bent down to her level...with his eyes staring directly into hers. It was rather nerve wracking in all honesty. She didn't know him that well....what if he was a psycho? Just that thought made her breath pick up and her hands clammy. "Let me go!"

"Ssh. Calm down would you? Its not like I'm a serial killer. I just want to explain."

"Explain what? Why you pinned me? I'd like to know that!" She hollered into his face. The devils flame was reinitiating within her and she had little to no desire to put it out - until he muttered his next words.

"I pinned you so you wouldn't slam the door in my face. I wanted to talk about me and you...and my wife."

Oh no, she had no will power to put out that fire - she wanted to add oil.

 

The inspiration for this story is personal to the author. Please be careful with your words. If you like the story, please sub! If you have nothing nice to say, please click to another page. Any grammar mistakes or spelling errors can be pointed out, I would appreciate it if you did so - nothing more than getting some helpful hints! Comments are loved!