Chapter 3 - Guess Who

My → First → Love

yoong










 

 

          

   

 






  Who are you, stranger?          ©AN OPHELIAC CREATION

 

When your life changes, you never know if it is for better or worse until you hit that high…or low. Right now, Yoona couldn’t be sure what exactly what was going on in her world.

She was walking side by side the silent (and handsome) stranger, who had not said one more word to her since he offered to take her home. They were just stepping in pace together, with their lips tied and their palms sweaty. She had thought of numerous conversation starters to fill the piercing silence so he would not feel as awkward nor tense…but every time she went to raise her voice the image of that awful smelling man filled her mind. Without a second thought, she would shudder and remain quiet – like her lips had a zipper across them. She dared not to speak…for she felt like the moment her lips left each other, vomit would grace the floor. The image of that greasy man made her so sick to her stomach she could hardly walk straight.

“Are you okay…?” Was it really that obvious? Yoona gave a fleeting glance to the gentle faced man, who mustn’t have been older than her by a few years before forcing a dim smile upon her cheeks and nodding her head in confirmation. She did not mean to worry him…after all, she must have caused him great stress with her obnoxious screaming only moments ago….it felt like eternity had already passed when in reality, those 30 minutes that were creeping by before were finally up...

“Neh. I am just…anxious to get home.” Her response was honest as she pushed some of loose hair behind her ears. Who wouldn't be counting the seconds till they were back in the bed after a accident like this? All for some stupid drag race...She sighed in complete defeat. What a fool she felt like...what a weak, useless girl...

"Is there anyone you could call, anyone who you need to talk to?" She knew he did not mean to, but he put a dragger right through her heart. Her lips were shaped into a unusually thin line as she shook her head no while the rest of her body became unresponsive and numb. Family was a...touchy, to say the least, topic for her. One that she'd do good to avoid.

"No..no, I live by myself." She informed as casually as she could mange as she then took the moment to get the attention off of her and onto him - sitting in the hot seat, like he was doing to her, would do this man some justice. "And you?" She stared into his piercing brown eyes as they locked with hers for what felt like hours before he finally stuck his hands within his pockets and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. The vibe he was radiating said simply, 'I don't care about anything', but the look he exchanged with her was filled with complex and mixed emotions.

"Not really. I mean, I have a friend who I am really close with...and I still talk to my parents, but they live in a different city. Its just me on my own...you must know the feeling, right?" He was trying to start conversation, but for Yoona...this was a bit too personal of a topic than one she would have liked to build a relationship off of.

So, with a sinking heart and a dazed mind, she started off in her own unique way to a more lively discussion. Something that wouldn't make her stomach turn more than it already was...like for the fact this topic rose the point that if she did have someone she could lean on the chances of something this ever unfolding ever again where slim to none...

"I have a dog. I love dogs. So I am not completely alone." Her eyes danced back over to his well built body and almost angelic face as he rose a eyebrow in response to her babbling. Feeling like he was about to throw her over the edge once more as he opened his mouth to speak, Yoona rose to her tippy toes as she spewled the best explanation she could conjure in two seconds flat....which in return, interjected him in mid sentence. "If you get a dog, we could go for walks. They are great company. And...you well I wouldn't...well we both wouldn't be alone. We'd have dogs."

"And each other."

She must have forgotten that part. As her cheeks came alive, Yoona could only clear in the piercing silence and fan herself gradually, feeling like a pabo because there was no reason for her to be hot...it was to the point where you could see your own breath. She was still burning alive though as she felt his eyes rest on her figure without glancing away, even once. His stare was strong...something she wasn't adapted too. It was like he lit a match within her core. The fire was only spreading, too.

Time however, was on her side and there to douse wild fire, as she saw the distance outline of her home come into view. She'd know that little dump anywhere. Instinctively, her pace doubled as she felt herself be overtaken with glee. This peculiar night was finally coming to a end! "I live right up there." She informed the well clothed boy as he practically dragged himself down the street behind her. Clearly, he wasn't as interested...not that she picked up on that. "Right...there!" She pointed to the white little shack - a cookie cutter house for those who couldn't find a decent job and didn't have filthy rich parents to fund their schooling.

"I like it." ...What? She glanced over her shoulder, with a bewildered expression (something she couldn't even control anymore) as a small and soft smile manifested itself on his face. He certainly knew how to leave her speechless as his pace once again changed to match her rapid footsteps. She stammered the entire time as he came beside her..he was only a mere inch or two away...she could feel his body heat radiating off onto her. What do you even say to a dangerously handsome stranger, who for whatever reason, thinks your home isn't half bad...when there wasn't even any type of landscaping.

"This is your house, right?" He inquired as Yoona came to a halt just because he had in front of god knows what. What had he said? She couldn't think straight right now....her mind was a jumbled mess. "Right?" His velvet voice pierced the air once more before she just nodded her head in compliance. Sure, yes...this was...

"Oh, yes! Yes. You're right. This is my house." Reality was setting back in as she found herself aware of her surroundings again...and not just of him, standing in front of her with that cheeky smile of his. It just fit him so well...there she went again. She was behaving like a school girl. "I should...get going. Thank you, for walking me home...for helping me.." was dry and quite frankly, she wasn't mentally prepared for this. She had no game plan, she had no witty comeback...she was just...zoned in and out at the same time.

"It isn't a problem. You should...Get some sleep. I'm glad you are safe..." You'd think that would be the end of their conversation, that she would simply be on her way now...back indoors. Yet...she couldn't even bring herself to turn her back on the shaggy haired boy. Not yet, not now.

"What did you say your name was again?"

Like a movie star, he flashed her a pearly white smile before answering. "I didn't say...But its Junhyung. My name is Junhyung."

The inspiration for this story is personal to the author. Please be careful with your words. If you like the story, please sub! If you have nothing nice to say, please click to another page. Any grammar mistakes or spelling errors can be pointed out, I would appreciate it if you did so - nothing more than getting some helpful hints! Comments are loved!