Chapter 2 - Acquaintances

My → First → Love

junhyung










 

 

          

   

 






 So beautiful my girl        ©AN OPHELIAC CREATION

 

It was around 9pm. The club that he bartended at was still ranging on and on, with its techno music, pounding against his fragile eardrums. The body heat of others cloaked him in a suffocating blanket as he man handled every drunk idiot around him to make a b-line to the door. His shift was over and although he lived for the flashing lights, tonight he just wasn’t feeling the vibe of drunks and stoners.

He emerged outside to be greeted by a bitter cold atmosphere. Whining softly to himself at the rapid change of temperature, Junhyung rubbed his hands together in a futile attempt to warm himself up before pressing onwards into the barren environment. This was a walk he had taken many times before, regardless of rain or shine. He’d make two lefts, go straight for three stop signs, and then one right and his house was on that street, sixth one down. He could get home with his eyes closed – a theory he has already tested. Tonight however, he did not push fate and just hung his head low as he strolled empty mindlessly towards his abode.

He zoned out as he made his way along, keeping himself busy by replaying some of the conversations he had tonight in his mind. He murmured comebacks underneath his breath, things that were much wittier and wise than what he actually replied with during the conversations. Don’t you hate that? If you are forced to respond on the spot, you can only come up with something a juvenile as, “No, you are being mean.” But if you give yourself ten minutes, you suddenly become the throwback king. He could have said –

“Get away from me!”

Those weren’t the words he would have used exactly, but they certainly did the trick and caught him off guard. A girl, with a smooth and velvet voice was screaming on the top of her lungs, obviously petrified of whatever was taking place. Her voice was bouncing off the gratified apartment walls. Frazzled, Junhyung changed gears from lazy and uninterested to an alert hound dog as he peered down the alleyway to see a girl, crumbling to the concrete a man tugged at her wrist. It was a young adult with a crooked and to say the least, smile as he sat down on top of the girl and pushed her hands above her head. Without a seconds delay, like any other adult male, he began to rock back and forth against her.

It was almost like he had no control over what happened next. He became the kid flash. He ran so fast over to the scene of what was the start of a case, almost as if he teleported behind the two of them. He watched one for a moment longer as the drunken man slipped one of his hands over her thin lips before Junhyung tugged the boy down with one simple yank of his shoulder.

“Yah!” The man yelped as he tumbled into the unforgiving floor. He looked disoriented as he lied there, staring up in a haze of confusion towards him but it made Junhyung feel no sympathy for him at all. All he could see in the human in front of him was an unmannered pig.

“Leave the girl alone and be on your way, before this gets really ugly.” Junhyung wasn’t the one to get furious, but there was no denying the annoyance in his voice. How dare someone of his statue try to yell at him after rubbing all up on a defenseless girl…which reminded him…Junhyung knelt down beside her, as he heard the young adolescence switch roles with him, and stubble upwards with much effort. He hissed some venomous words as silently as he could manage, before throwing his fit elsewhere.

Junhyung rolled his eyes as he watched the lanky boy be engulfed in the shadows before he let his eyes rest on what had to been the horrified girl. Seeing the young lady up close, he could slightly relate to as why it became her on the floor, being unlawfully touched…not that she deserved that. She was just so absolutely breath-taking. She was blessed with naturally bountiful brown curls and pale, smooth skin. Her eyes, wide and alert like a deer in front of a car. He could only imagine that was how she exactly felt. Like an animal about to be run over by a semi-truck.

“…Are you okay?” He began as hesitation and fearfulness hinder his voice. What a stupid, rather obvious question he had asked. What did he expect? For her to get up instantly and be radiating sunshine? Gosh, he was such a –

“I’m okay.” Her voice was like a wall in front of a train. He came crumbling out of his self-discipline as he looked towards the girl, who was slowly sitting up right. She was okay?

“I’m okay…” She repeated to herself, almost as if those were the only words she knew…like a child. And true to his assumption, the skinny long legged girl rose from the ground as if nothing had taken place. Just as if a kid fell from their bike and skinned their knee but felt no pain.

“Are you sure?” He couldn’t get himself to believe wholeheartedly that she was speaking the truth. Her face was empty of all emotion and her voice, one of a robots. Surely she wasn’t speaking what was truly on her mind…

“I am. Thank you…you, you saved my life.” It was like the chi was coming back into her while it left him. He could only stare at her in a daze while she, she began to let a small smile find her face before wrapping her arms around him and embracing him like he was truly her superhero. He felt his cheeks set on fire as her entire body pressed against his. She was so tiny and fragile…he was scared to squeeze her too tight in fear he’d break her in half. Such a bountiful amount of life…in such a petite girl. He had no words to respond with as he pulled her in closer and nuzzled his face into her vanilla scented hair. He just held onto her tightly…with the oddest fear that he’d eventually have to let go.

 

The inspiration for this story is personal to the author. Please be careful with your words. If you like the story, please sub! If you have nothing nice to say, please click to another page. Any grammar mistakes or spelling errors can be pointed out, I would appreciate it if you did so - nothing more than getting some helpful hints! Comments are loved!