Chapter 1 - Boogie Man

My → First → Love

yoona










 

 

          

   

 






And so begins her     adventure to find love          ©AN OPHELIAC CREATION

 

There is a certain routine to an average person’s life. They wake up at 7am, go to work, go home and eat a nice sit down dinner with the family, and then go to bed before repeating it all over again at the break of dawn. Well, that is the average adult’s behavior. When it comes to being average, Yoona fails miserably. She won't awaken until the sun is high in the sky and she won't go to work until the moon is over the horizon line, covering the city in a dim lighting. Why would a girl who looks like Yoona, a fragile helpless deer, dare to break away from the mold?? You see, it is what Yoona does for a living. She isn’t some waitress at a café, or an art student. She is a drift racer. That is right, she races cars, illegal, as her job. She has been for at least a year now. Her love for speed is greater than all other elements of life combined. The thrill she gets from making those sharp turns and kicking up dust is the only thing that can satisfy her in this journey she calls ‘finding herself’. Her job calls for unusual work hours and a bold personality. Which is everything that Yoona ever wanted and has ever had since she was a small child, playing with plastic cars on the carpet while the rest of the house slept soundly.

That is why, today, during the beautifully daunting hour of 8pm she was bounding out of her one bedroom apartment alone with her head held high and her smile wider. She wasn’t enthused about the black blanket that cloaked the street however, that certainly wasn’t the source of her happiness. She was headed to a local drift event, well not locally known but in the local area, where she was going to be racing some of the most exotic, to say the least, sports cars in the world. She couldn’t keep her mind off those sleek lines, that bright red paint that glimmered like a ruby in the moonlight and the leather wheel her fingers so easily gripped. It was all just waiting for her downtown, in a secluded corner. She swore she could hear it beckoning her. Yoona bit the bottom of her lip as she bounded down the dark streets, eager to arrive at her destination and begin the sport with a few of her friends who more than likely, are just as fervent as her. It was a rather long walk however, and the streets only seem to keep coming. Every turn she took another mile waited for her to cross.

“Aigoo~” Yoona whined as she pulled her phone out of the pocket that she had so cleverly slipped it into before leaving her ‘shack.’ This trip was taking much longer than she would have wanted it to, not to mention, you hear much more strange noises at night than you do during the day. Especially in this part of town. Why not just drain it all out with some music and have something to focus on rather than taunting yourself with the fact you still had another 30 minutes to go? She skipped a few songs, songs she didn’t even know why she had on her phone, before pressing play as she saw the name “Sistar” flash across her screen. It was Sistar 19, their newest single. She couldn’t quite put the name of the track to the song, but she did remember some of the words and was able to mumble those to herself.

It kept her mind preoccupied, but only for a moment. For her music did not provide the comfort she had yearned for so eagerly. It instead made her mind focus on other things and study her surroundings even more, which leads to one thing; paranoia. That was the logical conclusion, at least. However it wasn’t exactly the most soothing. It was so dark that with every step it made her believe she saw shadows bouncing as if they were walking side by side her. Giant shadows of men who lived at the gym, walking at a turtles pace behind her. So what else does any young adult do? Look behind them? Tell them to piss off? Of course not. They speed up. Her dwindling, bored walk transformed within seconds flat to a swift and hurried jog that cut her trip time in half. Who knows how long she kept it up either, she just continued to race down the abandoned streets until she felt as if the shadows had lifted. She was wheezing as the cold air rushed into her lungs and was roughly pushed out as her heart tried to stabilize itself while after a jolting stop. “I shouldn’t have freaked out.” She muttered underneath her breath as her arms folded over her chest. She scowled at her stupidity – her bad eyes gave her almost zero ability to see which only put more stress on her.

“Aish, what were you thinking, really?” She muttered to herself as she lightly tapped herself upside the head. What a fool, honestly. Who was going to get her anyway? The big bad boogie man?

“Hey there y, why are you running away?”

Some words just make your blood run cold.

 

The inspiration for this story is personal to the author. Please be careful with your words. If you like the story, please sub! If you have nothing nice to say, please click to another page. Any grammar mistakes or spelling errors can be pointed out, I would apperciate it if you did so - nothing more than getting some helpful hints!