Chapter 1

Don't Say Goodbye (English Version)

 

Lousiana, USA

 

The rain was falling heavily, it makes her happy. Besides, she likes the rain, she could say no to Luna to hang out together enjoying the Saturday night in a big city such as Louisiana. Nothing special for Soojung, Friday to Sunday is not a day that she was waiting like some boys and girls out there. For her, all days are the same. She wondered, why is everyone waiting for Friday, Saturday and Sunday eagerly?

Maybe, the biggest reason is because she didn’t have a boyfriend. Oh no, just have not been. She never felt the sense of mutual love. Once she likes someone, she felt its unrequited.

"knock .. knock .." the sound of the door have not been able to wake her up.

"Soojung-ah, it's eight o'clock. Let's breakfast? Your illness will recurrence then. Wake up dear!" Grandma’s voice was more firmly.

Because there is no answer, that voice more clearly and closer.

"Yah, did you want to go to the hospital once again? Wake up dear, hey, its time to wake up!"

Soojung covered her ears with a pillow after grandma managed to grab the blanket that was wrapped Soojung’s body. Curtain that covers the window opened, so the room was illuminated. Now, she is regretted because she never locked her door, so grandma could be entering her room easily.

If only she was not a coward, she hopes to be in the closed room without any gap. Just that she the type of person who has a remarkable fantasy, so if there is something that happened in her room, she could get away without having to unlock laboriously. Maybe, its because paranoid by some horror movies that she watched.

"Oh .. Grandma, this is Saturday, I want to sleep longer? There is no class on Saturday, Grandma. Please .. "Soojung sulking with her eyes still closed and pulled the blanket and back to sleep.

"There is no such thing as a late breakfast from now on Jung Soojung. If you don’t have a disease that makes you have hospitalized for two weeks, grandma will let you enjoy your sleeping beauty right now. Wake up dear. Come on. "

"…Grandpa has been waiting, if you don’t immediately get down, then Grandma didn’t hesitate to call your Appa in Korea!" Threatens grandma makes Soojung had to leave the bed she loved.

For her, the lover is the one who can make her comfortable, she thought that her bed is a place that could made her comfortable, that's why she loves her bed so much. But she promised himself to take a nap smugly instead of woke up too early. Too early?

Soojung is independent and jovial girl, she have a brother that loving her so much, Jung Yonghwa. Jung Soojung has a beautiful Asia like her brother who has become a manager at a manufacturing company in Korea. Handsome, tall, firm and polite personality, also a very loving his sister. Nowadays her brother has married, so rarely get together with him again when the holidays have come.

Grandpa has officially become citizens of the United States many years ago and also, he is a senior doctor there. Soojung lived with grandpa and grandma in US since 3 years ago she got a scholarships at the University of Louisiana near the grandparents house. Not difficult thing be able to study abroad, besides an intelligent brain, she is a girl from the rich family.

"Grandpa, are you going to the hospital, after this?" Asked Soojung while enjoying toast with fried eggs. Grandpa nodded to his beloved grandchildren jokingly "Eoh, we? You missed the hospital the most? Want to live there once again?"

"Oh no thanks! I just lost a bracelet from Luna, yesterday. I'm sure it was left in that room. Grandpa, I want to come to the hospital. I feel guilty because I’ve been lost it. I promise to go back home without troubling you. Huh?" Soojung blinking to her Grandpa who struggling with bread in front of him.

"Ok, I'll tell Alex to take you home if you finish." Alex is a loyal assistant and he is a part of the family.

“Ehmm.. okay, but actually, I can go home without him.” Soojung pouted.

 

---- 0 ----

 

When she found what she was looking for, she used it to prove that she is a good friend.

"Did you find it?" Grandpa’s voice startling her when looking at a beautiful silver bracelet on her wrist.

"Ah .. grandpa, you surprised me! Eoh, anyway .. I want to visit Kai. May I? Eoh? Grandpa, Please…"Language used Soojung mixed from Korean, English, Korean again, and then with aegyo that always able to melt the grandfather’s heart.

"Oh, it's up to you. Just take my car than you take a taxi. Alex will take me home later. But you have to be careful, arraseo!" Said Grandpa delightful grandchildren.

"Aaassshaaa, ... thank you grandpa!" While holding the grandpa’s arm. Then she ran to the room where Kai treated.

Not until she was Kai's room, she meet him in the garden near the small fish pond overlooking the room where is Kai treated. Soojung immediately ran to greet him. Kai's face instantly changed became cheerful. Kai is Soojung acquaintance while she was being treated in the hospital. The first time they met when Soojung go for a walk because it was bored being in the hospital room, without realizing they were sitting on the same bench in the same time. And then, that’s when they knew each other.

Kai is a warm, fun, understanding and kind person. Soojung is not believe that she could see a lot of Koreans in Louisiana besides Luna, certainly. Kai also tells his childhood that he spent in Korea with his hyung, his parents are working in Louisiana as an architect and the largest Korean fashion designer in the U.S..

And the surprise is when he claimed that he has studying at the same university with Soojung. But different departement, of course. Kai at the law school, and then Soojung in the faculty of business administration.

Till the rest of Soojung treatment at this hospital, they are often gets to chit chat about anything. And then finally, she recovered and returned home. Because of that, they are more and more close.

Kai had more severe disease than Soojung. He got three-stage of leukemia. Diseases that make people hopeless and always surrender to the circumstances. But, Soojung always could make him happy, that's why he believes that there must be hope for a happy life.

Who knows what makes Kai could changed his stance. Initially he didn’t want to continue living because it doesn’t want to see the people he loved seeing his with suffer. But now he wants to move on and return to continue studying and pursuing his dream like his brother and his parents who have been successful. It all makes him aware that there is no success without hard struggle as he felt now.

"Hey, how are you? I hear you were allowed to go home, huh? Wuah .. Congratulations .. You know? I always pray for the people who have a diseases may soon be a cure. Because I know it's too much suffer. And when you going to campus, we must meet. Okay?" Soojung blurted out to give him support.

"Hey, wuah, just because you’ve healed, you can talk too much like that? Uh-oh. Do not worry girl, tomorrow I’m going home. See? I'm cured!" Kai assure Soojung. He didn’t want to look weak in front of this girl. In fact, Kai was able to go home, although still to be outpatient.

"Really? Tomorrow? Wow .. You should celebrate by buying me a meal! Hehe .. "Soojung joked.

She knows the felt of this circumstances. She knows how Kai suffering with this diseases. All he could do now is wish to make Kai smiled happily to enjoy the beauty of the world.

And Kai, He smiled at Soojung having been assured him about hope, wonderful hope in front of him.

 

tbc


Okay, Im sure, too many grammatical errors here. Im sorry >.<

Ehmm.. the main character is yet to appear. Minhyuk will met Soojung on the next chap.

I need your criticisms, comment and oppinion.

Please don't be silent reader, okay?

Hope you like it..