Prologue: Machine

Cute!

tumblr_m3ecv7CeWn1rtkapno1_500.gif

My name is Byun Baekhyun and they call me a machine.

I'm not a robot. I'm a machine. There's a difference. At least robots can be programmed to smile or laugh in that metallic way of theirs. But nothing makes me laugh anymore. Kyungsoo tries, but I know he's going to give up on me like everyone else. All those so called 'friends' gave up years ago, saying there was no hope for me. I don't know what I've done for Kyung to make him hold on to me for so long. My heart...it's almost as if it forgot how to love and be happy. 

People think I can't hear them when they say that I'm cruel, heartless. No, I have a heart. It just doesn't work anymore.

I didn't used to be this way. I used to be just that average kid who lived across the block, the one who would run to school late because he spent too much time on perfecting his eyeliner. I used to be that kid around the corner who played sports and got hurt. But then picked himself up again. I used to be that kid who thought he was in love, and got his heart broken by that same guy. I don't think I ever got over that last one though. 

Kim Jongdae. I won't forget him. 

All those memories we shared. I thought it was love. It wasn't. I had to learn that the hard way. 

It's because of my incredible stupidity that I had to build these walls around my heart. So it wouldn't get hurt again. So it wouldn't shatter into a million pieces the next time someone came close to it. It's almost like I used school glue to put it together again. It's flimsy, and if someone manages to touch it, it'll break back into a million seperate pieces. 

I thought the rest of my life would be like this. I'd die alone. I even stopped wearing eyeliner. Back then, that idea would have horrified me. I bet the old Baekhyun would've laughed, taking it lightly saying How can a hottie like me end up alone? Who wouldn't want this? But it's turning out to be my reality. 

I gave up on myself years ago. I'll be like a machine, I decided, so I won't get hurt. So I built these impenetrable barriers around my heart. People have tried to wander through the maze that is me, trying to find the key to unlock the entrance to my guarded walls. They all failed. I wouldn't let them through. That's okay though. They really only liked me for the way I looked on the outside. Like Jongdae. I was stupid for believing it was all real. 

That's it. My boundaries are so strong, I'm absolutely sure I won't ever fall in love again. 

That all changed when Park Chanyeol decided to come pounding into my life. Literally. 

 

 

 

 

 


Prologue is up! Hope you enjoy. The rest of the story will be more lighthearted, don't worry! Please PLEASE leave comments too...and this will be like an actual story. Baekyeol meets next chaper ;)