Unsent Letters from the Heart

The Girl From 400 Years ago/CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE/

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

KYAHH I'M SORRY. I lied about updating. I'm not going to make up any excuse... but let's just say I got kidnapped by an evil pack of monkeys. Okay? I will TRY to update more often. I'm also thinking of introducing you guys to a new co-author. She has all the rights to make changes to my stories and continue where I left off. Please respect her or I will threaten you with my annoyingness. Fear me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

September 29

To: Umma & Appa

Hi Umma, Appa, it's me again. Eun Mi your cute little daughter. Scratch that, I'm not cute or little anymore. It's your fault for not being here to remind me to look decent. School was ok today. I had more work than usual but everything else went great. Well, not GREAT like that, but you know what I mean. That reminds me, remember that conceited guy I told you I bumped into a week ago? What's his name? Baykun.. Backon... Bacon... Baekhyun! Turns out he's in my homeroom. Umma, he's handsome just like Appa! But everything else is different. Appa don't get jealous you'll always be the only man I love. I miss you both a lot... how's it like there in heaven? Does it have a big chocolate fountain you always loved Appa? You guys should stop being selfish and come down to visit me sometimes meanies. It's been 4 decades. Please. I miss you.

                                                                                                                    Sincerely, Eun Mi

Drip

Drip

I looked up from the letter I was writing. I did it again. Tears were staining my cheeks and burning my eyes. Occasionally on days like this, I like to sit on the school rooftop during lunchtime and pour my emotions that I don't show in public into letters. These letters were to my parents. My dead parents.

Of course now you're thinking to yourself, "why is this weird girl sending letters to her parents when they're not going to even read it?" 

I don't know, I just need another person beside from myself to hear me out.

Now here's the question, "what EXACTLY happened to my parents?"

FLASHBACK

Eun Mi P.O.V

I sat in my room admiring the new pins that was gifted to me by my fiancé. I always dream of this day to come, the day when I would finally grow up to be a true woman and start a family of my own. The wedding was planned to be in 2 days and I was gradually getting more and more anxious for it to come.

"Eun Mi ahh! Come and try on your dress sweetie. We have to make sure everything is perfect for your big day." Umma called out to me from outside the living room of our cozy home.

"Aigoo yeobo look how much our precious daughter have grown. I don't want marry you off," Umma cried while she admired me from afar.

"Umma you don't have to give me away! I will always stay by your side and you will feed me with your ever so delicious food. Please do."

Appa on the other hand was trying his best not to burst out in tears. 

"Eun Mi has a point dear, do we really have to marry our precious daughter off? I will come after him if anything happens to her. Off with his head!"

Appa argued only to receive a smack on the head and a scowl from umma.

I shook my head slightly laughing at the old couple standing in front of me. Oh how much I will miss them. Nothing could replace my parents or take them away from me. They were just too dear to me. I remember how they would tell me stories of how they met as in their early age. Umma would always say, "You're Appa would not keep away from me. He would be clinging on to me every chance he gets." And then Appa would reply, "Oh so funny. You were the one always stalking me from the sideline." and then it goes on and on about who was stalking who. 

A tale of a human and a mythical creature having a child. Wow that was me. 

Let me tell you, umma was not a kind woman. I'm fact, she was pretty close to a lunatic monster before she met Appa.Killing almost an entire town to the point where she injured herself and Appa rescued her even though she was a monster. Appa told me she even tried to kill him in the first place but failed due to her weakened body. Yes my umma was A GREAT PERSON. -sarcastic laugh-

But somehow, like all the cheesy romantic dramas out there, this one was true. Umma fell for Appa and the two had me! Umma learned self control and stopped her old habits while Appa made a great father and supplied us with everything we needed. (Appa was super rich since he came from a Nobel family)

And what happened to the great mythical creature who killed almost an entire town? Appa somehow manage to mask our tracks and kept our identity in secrets using his reputation. Till now, they raised me in peace and we're one big happy family.

Day of the wedding

"WHERE'S THE MAID? SOMEONE SET UP THE TABLE"

"HAVE YOU SWEPT THE FLOORS"

"THE GUEST ARE GOING TO BE ARRIVING ANYTIME SOON."

"CHEFS, ARE THE FOOD READY?"

It was chaotic. There was maid flying everywhere trying to make everything perfect for me big day. The head maid was crying while watching me change into my wedding gear saying things like "Oh I remember when you were just a child, how I would get in big trouble while you sneaked out to the village."

Moments later, I was being lead down the isle by my fiance while both family sat on the side happily nodding at our presence. We thanked the god for being with each other and promised how we would never hurt one another.

That damn lie...

A few hour later it was time for my first night with my now husband. He entered the room and called out to me softly while hugging me. I giggled.

"You're now my wife. My one and only."

"And you're also now mine"

"Promise?"

"Promise what?"

"That'll you'll never keep secrets from me"

I stiffened. I remembered what umma told me the night before the wedding. "Never reveal your powers to anyone. Even if you trust them with all your heart dear. Humans are full of lies and you know that.. It's too dangerous for them to find out. I don't want you to get hurt so please, please whatever you do, don't show him your abilities.."

"Eun Mi? Are you ok? Is there something you like to tell me...?"

I frozed and took one dangerous glance at him. I loved him too much. Way too much to keep this big of a lie from him. It's dangerous, I know. But even so, he's my husband now. What if our kid turns out like me? He'll find out sooner or later! So I must tell him! I'm sorry umma..

"I have to show you something. Promise you won't tell anyone els or I'll be in great danger."

He hesitated for a bit, then slowly nodded.

Here goes... I concentrated hard on the candle the was keeping our room lit and in a matter of seconds, the flame went out.

At that moment I felt something sharp slice through my arm. Blood trickled down and I look up to my husband hurt and terrified face. In his hand, was a sharp blade.

"Why... why did you do that" I said wincing in pain with tears in my eyes.

"YOU'RE A MONSTER. SOMEONE HELP ME. GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK."

"why..."

"DO YOU HEAR ME. SOMEONE HELP. KILL HER. SHE'S A DEMON."

"you promised..."

"KILL HER BEFORE SHE KILLS YOU. SHE'S NOT HUMAN. HELP"

Maids and many many guards came crashing through our door along side with my parents horrified face looking at me. They stood there not knowing what just happened. Umma took that chance to swooped in and take me away while Appa frantically rushed us back to our cottage and pack our stuff.

"Umma Appa what are you doing?! Why are we packing. What's wrong?"

"We have to get out out of here. They'll be coming after you soon in hopes of ending you life!"

Tears continued to run down my face as I stood there broken in a million pieces. From a far distance, I could hear horses and troops of men in armors rushing towards us shouting "find the girl and kill her!"

I don't remember anything after that.

Actually, I don't want to remember.

The sight of Appa being stabbed.

The sight of Umma crying and taking me far deep into the woods.

The sight of Umma being shot with millions of arrows trying to shield me.

The sight of my family dying.

Betrayal. Pain. Agony. Lost. I swore from that day, I would never allow another human into my life. No mercy.

Present day

At last, I looked up from my letter and into the blue sky.

Dear Umma, Appa,

I'm sorry.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

tumblr_mpt35padk01rt2aqmo1_500.png  fa3e605c62ea11e39caa12338b9954dc_8.jpg

You're still Bacon to us. It's not working.