The other side of me

Identity

“Yah. Park Chanyeol. It seems that kid doesn’t bother you anymore.” Kyungsoo threw the lemonade in can to Chanyeol.

They’re in the university’s soccer field now, having their break. Kyungsoo saw Baek walking, as always like a dead, in the cafeteria a while ago. He used to see Baek always smiling to Chanyeol even though he restrains himself from jumping towards his friend.

“Tsk Lemonade. You can drink it.” He gave it back to Kyungsoo.

“Eh? What’s with the lemonade dude?”

“Nothing.” He flopped himself on the grass, staring at the clouds.

“Sensing a BaekYeol’s quarrel.” He teased his friend.

“Shot up. I want to sleep for a while.” He covers his face with the cap he always use.

Geez nosy Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo can’t help but feel sorry for Baek. He knows how that kid sees Chanyeol since that day, but still he can’t fully convince himself who Baek really sees. Yeol or ‘him’.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol!!!!” Kyungsoo shouted, making the taller guy sprint from lying.

“Aishh. What’s with the shout?!!!” Yeol threw his cap to Kyungsoo’s face.

“Someone’s picking a fight to Baek.” He nods towards the corner of the gymnasium pointing at three taller guys dragging the shorter one.

Yeol knows very well Baek’s form even from afar. He watched as the other unknown guys dragged Baekhyun to the back of the gymnasium.

What the hell?

“Oii! What are you staring at? Go! Who knows what they will do to him. Do something before it is too late Yeol. Save him before ‘he’ saves him. You might not fully understand your feelings for that guy because of ‘him’ but still, you is still you. What you feel right now is yours. Stop….” He paused for a while, trying to find the right word for his friend to understand. “Stop connecting your own feelings from ‘him’. You two might be just one..-------“

Yeol just continuously listen to Kyungsoo but before he realizes what he is doing, he’s actually running with all his might towards Baekhyun.

 

I’ll save you first Baek. This time, I’ll save you first before ‘him’.

 

“Dammit! Why can’t you take care of yourself more huh?!” He muttered while running.

Yeol reached the back of their gymnasium but he didn’t found anyone there. Anger and worries started to build inside him.

“Yah! Baekhyun!!! Where are you?” He shouted on the top of his lungs as he looks for every possible place that he might find him. From the sports equipment stock room, to comfort rooms, to the back of the nearest pool area and even the abandoned building which is for demolition next month.

His body started to wobble as he heard a familiar voice whimpering due to pain.

 

Baekhyun

 

He forcefully drags himself trying to steady his trembling legs towards the noise he is hearing.

Then he heard an unknown voice. He knows he’s already reaching the said area.

“Com’on short kid! Why can’t you just give what we want huh? Just a little okay?”

“N-no!” He heard that familiar voice again.

“Ahh~ Why can’t you just give what we want huh!? Give it and you will not be hurt? Do you want us to force you?”

“You’re already forcing---- acckk!” He heard a loud noise like something was breaking. Hearing Baek’s in pain, he knows that he’s breaking too…from inside.

 

Please let me not am late.

 

He prayed over and over again.

The conversation makes clearer and clearer to him. He reached the old faculty room. Windows were broken, chairs are everywhere and there he saw them.

Limping Baekyeol. He saw blood on his shuttered shirt and pants; like he was almost… on top. The short guy clutches his right arm as he tried to stand and balance himself.

It pains him to see Baekhyun like that. He never thought he could be hurt like that.

Without another second pass, he jumps through the nearest broken window to enter the room. All eyes are on him and he’s just looking at one person. Baek.

He made his way not bothering to look at the other three. As much as he wants to kill them, he wants to take Baekhyun as far as he can.

 

“Park Chanyeol!!!” he snapped when he heard him shout his name. “At your back.”

He looked back and saw one of them aiming to attack him with a wood. He easily dodges him and grabbed his arm as he kicks him hard through his stomach. The guy whimpered in pain as the other two tries their shot against him. Like what happened to the first guy, he easily fights back at them still not tearing his eyes from Baekhyun. The three guys started to run and cursed, swearing they would come back for revenge.

Without any signs of bruise, he runs towards him and caught Baek before he slump on the floor full of broken glasses.

“Yeol~” Baek looked at the guy in front of him tenderly.

 

He’s here. He saved me again. He thought.

 

“Hey.” He slowly carries him and put him on top of the small table for him to sit. “Are you okay?” He slowly caresses the short guy’s face, trying to ease the pain from the bruises he got, but he failed to do so. He heard him whimper and he can’t help but be mad at himself because he was too late.

“I-I’m sorry Byunnie, I was late.” He looked down, not wanting the other guy to see him breaking. He clenched his fist and punched the table making Baek startled.

Baekhyun slowly lifts his arm and reaches for the taller guys chin….. but he stopped for a while. He knows Yeol doesn’t want to be touch, especially by him.

He noticed how Baek’s hand tries to reach him. He immediately looks up at him and Baek drops his hand on his side, avoiding making any contact.

“Why did you stop?” he asked.

“I-I don’t want you to get mad at me. You’ll get mad if I touch you.” He explained, avoiding his eyes.

“It’s ‘him’ not me, Baek. You can touch me anytime you want.” He reached for Baek’s left hand and put it on his face, feeling his cold palm. He removed his top shirt and dressed it to Baekhyun. “Again I’m sorry. A was too late. You get…hurt.”

“No!” He blurted. “You. You just came in time Yeol. Thank you. I didn’t expect that you will be here.”

“Yes. That guy is not here Baek. It’s me who’s here.”

This made Baekhyun confuse. “What do you mean? Who’s guy?”

“Yeol. He is not here. He didn’t save you. I am the one who save you….again.” he explained.

“Wait Yeol, what are you saying?”

“Shhh.” He put his pointing finger in the middle of Baek’s lips to hush him. He knows how confuse he is now but he needs to know it.

“Please Baek.” He removed his finger and caresses his face once again. “Please call me Channie. And I’m different from Yeol.. It’s been a long time Byunnie. Oh God. I miss you so much.” He hugged him for more than only God knows how long.

 

He was left speechless, trying to digest what Park Chanyeol is talking about… and before he could ask him and clear what he is saying.. everything went black for a while.



 

A/N: Howkei before i decided to just make two shots but i guess this will be three shots.. hehe. not a series though. Please feel free to comment. i want to hear your thoughts. :)

Oh btw, i dunno if someone already guess at the first part the mystery of my pronoun 'he'. hehe

anyway, i guess i already gave an intro about Yeol's and Channie's character in this part. Ja~ til next part.