Please notice

Identity

It's just 7 in the morning and Yeol decided to make his way to school, not bothering to touch his breakfast. 

"Hey. Eat your breakfast first." His mom called him when he already reach the doorsteps. 

"Tsk. Com'on mom. You know why I want to come to school as early as 7 right?"

His mom giggled. "Oh yeah right. Just to see Byunnie right?"

Yeol rolled his eyes. As much as his mother wants that kid from the door next to them is the opposite of why he wants to go early. 

"Mom you know why I'm trying my best to wake up this early is because--"

His mom cut him off and sighs. "I know. You are actually avoiding him. Can't you feel even a little bit sorry for that kid? He keeps on showing how he really likes you. At least be thankful to that."

Yeol let go a sigh, signaling her mother to stop. He doesn't even understand why his mother pushes him towards that abandoned pathetic child who just clings to whoever he wants to. 

"By the way I'm going now." 

Before he could even touch the doorknob his mother stop him. 

"What if 'he' came back? What would you do?"

'He'? He ask himself. Tss. As if he will let that happen. 

"Mom! It's been what? Five years since 'he' last showed up!" He raised his voice unknowingly. "Look. 'He's gone for good mom. Do not ever mention 'that' guy again. You know how much I hate him." He combed his hair using his hand. Remembering 'that' guy makes him more frustrated. 

"But still the possibility is--"

"Mom!!!!" He banged the door making his mother startled. "I'm going now."

Again with the mood swings Yeol. His mother thought. 

"By the way the kid next door is actually already on our doorsteps, obviously waking up earlier than you 'just' to see you or maybe 'him'." Mrs. Park said trying to make her child realize what he's losing. 

"Tsk.  Damn that kid. Why can't he stay away from me once in a while?" He muttered but still his mother caught what he was saying. 

"That's because he felt indebted to you."

"You knew that it wasn't me he was indebted to right?"

By that he opened the door and saw the guy he hates the most but 'he' loves the most.

"What are doing you here?!" He almost growled at him. 

"It's lonely going to school alone so---"

"--you're walking with me. Yeah yeah. I already heard that." He as he stride longer and faster than him. Not mentioning how his legs are a lot longer than the shortie behind him who's trying his best to catch up. 

"Stay behind me!" Yeol commanded Baek. Not wanting to make him mad anymore, Baek slows down and distances himself a few meters away from the guy. "Better yet stop following me."

"But we have the same university so my way is this way." He pouted trying to be cute, but who is he kidding? Yeol will not be able to notice him no matter how hard he tries to be cute. 

The short male just continues to watch the guy in front of him. The way he walks, the way he put his hands to his pocket, and the way how he blows a warm breath to his hands just to warm them up. 

Baek decided to remove the jacket he is wearing and put it on the tall guy's shoulder trying to warm him up. 

"What are you doing?" He stopped his tracked and looked at the guy beside him. 

"Err I'll let you borrow my hoodie since it's cold today." Then Baek smiled. An innocent smile that always made the other guy annoyed. 

Yeol clutched the hoodie from his shoulder and throw it on the snow they're walking. "I don't ask you too. Stop pestering me will you?!"

He saw a small nod coming for the shorter guy beside as he tries to reach for his favorite hoodie on the snow. Yeol made his way towards the bus stop. He saw him still standing at the same spot where he threw his jacket. He knows very that it is Baek's favorite jacket and yet he threw it in the snow just like a piece of paper. 

Yah!!! What's wrong with you Park Chanyeol!!? He cursed to himself as he slumped to the nearest seat he saw. 

Damn it!

 

-----

 

"Yoo~~~!" Kyungsoo greeted him with the big smile in his face. He bet something good happened between him and Jongin. As far he know the two had a quarrel about a random university girl and viola~~ they made just like nothing happened. "Yah! Why the sulking face Yeol?"

"Nothing."

"Ohhhh~" he stop as he saw someone from the corridor walking like a zombie,  he means like someone who's life was taken by a certain someone. "Tsk tsk. Bad Yeolliiee~! You made the Byun kid cry again." He can't help but feel sorry for the boy. 

"His fault. I told him for so many times to stop bothering me but he keeps on doing what he wants!" He tried to look outside where his friend is looking but decided not to, because he knows somewhat, he will feel a little guilt on what he did. 

"He just wants to...I don't know maybe he feels indebted to you or something."

He sighed.

Why do I need to hear that word twice this day? He whispered. 

"By the way Yeol just a question out of curiosity.." Kyungsoo started. "What if 'he' came back and take the most important person to your life now.. I mean he will take over your life what would you do?"

Kyungsoo earned a deadly stare from his friend but he can't help but ask him. Just a simple What If question could turn into a reality. 

That question again! Twice this day! He shouts on his mind.

"He won't! I'm the one who is in full control of my life now! No one else!" He stood up and got his bag under his desk. "I'm going to cut class! Tell teacher Joong I have a stomach ache!" He shouted as he walks towards the door. 

 

---

 

He stood up watching the clouds slowly moving towards the other direction. 

"Tsk. If I cut my class you'll cut yours too?" He said obviously annoyed that Baek followed him at the rooftop. "If I jump off from this building will you jump too?" He smirked. 

"Yes." Baek simply said, confidence and seriousness covers that simple word. 

"Idiot." He muttered.  

"Oh!!! Let’s eat Channie!"

There. He said the name he doesn't want to be called. With a flick of a moment Yeol is already infront of Baek grabbing his  uniform from his chest. 

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Name!" The taller guy break into words trying to calm himself. It's been a long time since he heard that name again. The name that he will never accept. 

"I-I'm sorry Yeol. I-I didn't mean." Baek said between his sobs. 

"You never meant?! How many shall i tell you to never ever call me that disgusting name! Huh?!" He pulled the guy closer to him and he felt how Baek tries to control his body from trembling. 

"Dammit!" He pushed him enough to stumbled on his own feet bruising his elbow. 

It shock Yeol how he reacted towards the guy. For once, even before, he never pushed him that hard. Even how annoyed he is, hurting Baekhyun (well atleast physically) is the last thing he doesn't want. 

Damn it!!!

Damn it Park Chanyeaol! What the hell are you doing?! 

 

He cursed himself over and over again. 

 

He walks closer to the boy who's getting up from the pushed he just got from the person he least expected. 

Chanyeol tries to reach him but Baek distance himself.

With just one step Baek made, Yeol felt that the guy actually steps miles away from him and somehow he felt a piercing pain from his stomach to his chest. 

 

"S-sorry. I-I'm going now." Baek gave him a small smile. A smile that is just a thin line not reaching the shorter guy's eyes. Not the smile he used to see everytime he shows up in front of their doorsteps. 

 

-----

 

"What happened?" His mother asked him as he reach the kitchen to get a glass of water. 

"Nothing in particular. I'm just tired." 

"Here.” His mom gave him a glass of lemonade juice. “Try this. It’s really good. Maybe it will lift your spirit from whatever happened in the university this day.

Hearing the world ‘university’ makes him want to puke. So many things happened today and he doesn’t know how he is supposed to face the short kid next door.

Geezz why do I have to face him in the first place? He thought.

Yeol scratch his head out of frustration before getting the juice from his mom.

“Oh. This is actually good mom. Where did you get this?” He reaches for the pitcher and pours another one to his glass. He actually felt something refreshing from drinking that juice. Or maybe he was just really thirsty to begin with since he didn’t bother to drink for the whole day because of too much thinking what happened that afternoon.

“See? Your spirits are up! I should have known. You’re so unfair.” She crossed her arms on her chest. “A mere lemonade juice can make you happy and yet the short guy’s effort is not enough to please you.”

“Eh? What are you talking about?” He asked taking another glass of juice.

“Byun Baekhyun. Why can’t you see him for what he really is for just a second?”

It makes him confuse. “I don’t get it. What’s with the juice and him?”

“It came from him. He made that and left it in the doorstep just a few minutes ago before you arrive.”

“Tss. He left right? How did you know this is from him?” he asked not bothering to take another sip from it.

“Here. A note.” His mother took out a piece of paper from the pocket of her apron.

Chanyeol lazily grabbed it from her mother’s hand.

 

Sorry.

 

One simple word. One word that consists of five letters and yet, he felt that same pain that he felt on the rooftop.

He crumpled the paper on threw it in the bin near the drawer.

“What happened this time Park Chanyeol?” Her mother cut him as he tries to dodge the subject again. “What did you do to him huh?”

“Nothing umma. Just let me rest okay?”

 

As always, Mrs. Park can’t do anything about her son’s attitude towards Baek. He can’t help but feel sorry for that kid. He just leaves two blocks away from them and she knows very well how the kid lives his life. Abandoned since four year old. No one cares. No relative tries to support him. Supporting himself by his own, working part time jobs from convenient stores to gas stations to milk delivery boy during morning, still… and still he’s capable of smiling to everyone like he’s the luckiest person on earth.

 

That smile that he never fails to show to her son and yet Chanyeol still not aware of his own feelings because of him.

 

“Sometimes, I wish he appears for Byunnie’s sake. You’ll regret it in the future Yeol.” Mrs Park told to herself, pouring another glass of lemonade juice.

 

 

 

-----
A/N: just the first part. still gathering inspiration to type the second part.
you can help me though. XD
ja~