Jenny knows best

Let's Not Talk About It

Chapter 7:

Cynthia Song. 26. Personal assistant. Professional everything. Her resume reeked expertise in every department. If Cynthia was a test I was not planning to fail it. Fortunately, Cynthia was already familiar with the department of answering and transferring calls, filing paperwork, marketing procedures, and most importantly, she had already studied which companies were under contract with CSP. She shifted perfectly right into her new position.

Lunchtime arrived, Jenny and I arranged to meet at a near by sushi restaurant. She sat across from me transmitting an anxious aura with a mix of exhaustion. My only guess is SM has been overworking her again, especially with Exo’s upcoming comeback things must be hectic. I’ve seen that face on Jiho and Taewoon far too many times to be able to determine what type of exhaustion this classifies under.

“When was the last time you slept? And I mean more than 5 hours.”

“Should I have worn sunglasses?” She takes out a pocket mirror from her bag and examines the dark circles under her eyes. “Uh, I don’t know two weeks ago.” She sighs.

“Jen...”

“ I know. The boys are having it much worse than I am. I just want to be there for them. Plus Kris has been acting really weird lately. I don’t know what to do.” She picks up her utensils and plays with the rice bowl in front of her.

“Hasn’t Kris always been weird?” Kris has always been the bizarre one in Exo, to me. We get along harmoniously due to Amber not Jenny. That girl has a gift of befriending individuals. Jenny, on the other hand, doesn’t play peacemaker unless it affects her personally.

For anyone in our inner circle can verify the uncertainty in Jenny and Kris’ relationship. Kris had shockingly pursued Jenny late last year but they’ve never added a title to what they are. Quite frankly, both their jobs are in jeopardy if rumors were to break out about the two.

“Well yes. But he’s mood swings have altered more than usually. There are days when he is extremely clingy and pressures me to let him spend the night at the apartment. Then there’s days, like today, in which he avoids me. I mean he doesn’t do it openly but his answers are curt, and he doesn’t make eye contact. He can’t be cheating because I’m with him all the time. I just miss seeing that smile that forms in the corner of his lips.”

“Have you tried talking to him?”

“It’s Kris. Talking is...”

“Impossible?”

“Basically. Anyways, he’s under a lot of stress, I get it. I just wish he would realize he’s not the only one and that he is not in it alone. Things will work out, I guess.” Jenny shrugs her shoulders. “Anyways, tell me what Jiho wanted to privately talk to you about?” Her eyebrows go up in full gossip mode.

“Ugh, I’m only going to tell you this because I don’t have anyone else to talk to.” I surrender.

“Wait, did he confess? He did!” Jenny shrieks then controls her self. “But you like the other one don’t you.” Jenny seems to answer every question with me having to open my mouth. After she is completely calm I fill her in about the day Jiho told me how he felt and Taewoon’s sudden attention towards me.

“I’m curious, what do you like about Taewoon? You and Jiho have been close since day one. But I don’t see much interaction with the other Woo brother.”

Jiho is home. I’ve never felt so much comfort with another person than with him. But Taewoon is like a dream. “It’s the way he talks, with the corner of his mouth in a lopsided smirk. There’s always a sparkle in his eyes when he speaks, despite having only a couple of hours of sleep. Just catching a glimpse of him from the corner of my eyes or hearing his voice turns my stomach upside down. That’s not even half of it.”

“Wow. You have it pretty bad. The strongest feelings I’ve had towards Kris are wanting to smash his face against a wall.” Jenny scoffs.

“Funny. That’s how I feel about Jiho, the majority of time. Are you sure you’re in love with this boy?” I chuckle.

“I don’t know about love but if he were to disappear I don’t know what I’d do.” Funny that’s how I feel about Jiho as well.

“Anyways, what about Jiho. Have you felt anything towards him? I mean for him to stick around he must hold some sort of hope that you might return some of those feelings one day.” Jenny leans back into her seat and tilts her head to study me face. I wonder the answers magically appear on my forehead and that is how everyone manages to find out what I am thinking.

“I honestly haven’t put much thought in to it.” I lie.

“Uh huh, well think about this. Jiho is going to move on one day and he’s going to bring some pretty little model for you to meet and what will you do then?”

“Genuinely be happy for him?” I reply. I’m not sure what point Jenny is trying to make.

“Yea okay. Are you at least planning to tell Taewoon about your feeling towards him? Because you know how one Woo brother feels about you but we don’t have a clue about the other. Except he’s in to a lot of skin ship.” Jenny teases.

“Remind me never to share anything personal with you again?” I roll my eyes and cross my legs under the table.

“No. And you tell Jiho I’m taking back my position as best friend. Little blonde, pastel wearing, dancing, rapper, idol freak.” Jenny crosses her arm and huffs in discontent. Something catches her eye and she points at something behind my head. “Maggie, isn’t that your sister?” I glance discreetly over my shoulder, being seated a couple tables behind us is June.

“Who’s that with her? The wicked sister from the east is on a date. I never thought I’d see the day.” Jenny stretches her neck to peer at the male accompanying my sister. “He looks familiar. Is that…?”

“Bang Yongguk. That means she’s on a business lunch. CSP has a charity project and the President wants to use celebrity endorses. Mr. Bang has made the headlines lately for giving back to the community.” I fill her in.

“Nice. But from this angle it sees like a bit more than business is happening over on that table.” Jenny nods her head at June’s table and wiggles her eyebrows.

“Ew. Come on let’s go before she sees us.” I called the waitress for our check. “Wait, why is June is the wick witch of the east? She is barely present in the film.”

“East because globally we are located on the east. Obviously. If it makes you feel any better I nicknamed you princess of darkness.” She giggles childishly to her self.

“Funny. You’re a real hoot. Consider this the last time I invite you out for lunch.”

Jenny and I manage to leave the restaurant unnoticed. Before departing I quickly glance back at June’s table and Jenny is right, June’s interaction with the accompanying male did seem different. I haven’t seen much of June smiling since we were kids. Seeing June content makes me wonder what went wrong in our relationship. Jason included. 


 

A/N: Hey... Alright so many many many apologizes. Really. I don't have an excuse but I will try my best to stick around or at least to finish this story up. Taewoon is back on the radar so I thought I would make my appearance as well. Lol. Jk. Has anyone downloaded his mixtape yet? Haha. I'm surprised there are some new subscribers despite the fact that I haven't updated in almost a year. Well, please comment below <3 Also I edited the previous chapters if anyone wants to go back and re-read.