I like you. I just don't like like you.

Let's Not Talk About It

 

 

Chapter 2:

February 17 is Speed’s Showcase in UNIQOL AX Hall. Jiho and I had made sure to clear out of schedule especially for Taewoon. I have been excited all week waiting for this day to arrive, I had not seen Taewoon in almost a month and our messaging exchange had been minimal. With us was Jiho’s friend and band member Park Kyung. I am closer to Kyung than rest of Jiho’s band members. I often see him in the studio annoying the hell out of Jiho.

Speed’s Showcase was incredible. Jiho and Kyung cheered much louder than any of the fan girls. I’ve grown accustomed to their embarrassing antics and chuckled along to their foolishness.

After the concert, Jiho guides us backstage. The three of us spot Taewoon and shout his name. He jogs to greet us, wearing a plain-white cotton tee, a towel around his shoulders, with either water or sweat dripping off his golden locks. Taewoon high-fives Jiho and Kyung, scoops me with one arm, and spins me around the hall. “Ew, Taewoon you’re sweaty.” I wipe my hands that had touched Taewoon’s moist hair, on Jiho’s clothes once he set me down.

“Yah!” Jiho pushes me away from him. “Use Taewoon’s towel for that.” He scolds. Taewoon pulls Jiho into his own sweaty hug. The Woo brothers wrestle animatedly and Kyung picks a side to cheer for.

“Come on, everyone else wants to meet you.” Taewoon latches himself off Jiho and takes my hand. “Did you enjoy the showcase?” He asks.

“I really liked it. You are looking at Speed’s new fan girl. I especially like your blonde hair. It is really cool.” I compliment him.

“Really. Do I make a better blonde than Jiho?” He asks.

“Definitely.” I give him the thumbs up.

“I am standing right here, you know.” Jiho crosses his arms and pretends to be annoyed.

We enter a waiting room filled with the rest of the Speed boys and their families. Mrs. Woo is in amidst the crowd and I let go of Taewoon’s hand to greet her.

“Mrs. Woo, how are you?”

“Maggie-ah” She takes my face into her hands and gently squeezes my cheeks. “Always so pretty. I have not see you around, I hope you aren’t working too hard.”

“Just the fair amount.” I assure her.

“Good good.” She smiles and pulls me to the side. “Did my eyes deceive me or did I not see you walk in holding hands with my Taewoon? I’ve been waiting too long for the two of you to date.”

“So, have I.”  I confess.

“Then, tell him not me, dear.” She shakes her head. “Jiho isn’t a bad choice either.”

“Mrs. Woo!” I gasp.

“What are you two gossiping about?” Taewoon walks between us and places his arm around his mother’s shoulder.

“Oh nothing, we are just catching up. Someone doesn’t bring her to the house enough and keeps Maggie all to himself.” Mrs. Woo eyes Jiho.

“Mom, I barely get to see Maggie myself.” Jiho explains.

“That’s right, when I do see him it’s in that stuffy studio of his.” I complain.

“My poor dear. Taewoon, you should bring Maggie to the house since Jiho doesn’t do it. Take her out too it must be so dull for her to be working in that office all day.” She coaxes her son. 

“It will be my pleasure, Mother. Now if you excuse me I want to introduce Maggie to my friends.” Taewoon lets go of his mother and grabs my hand.

 “Taewoon, is this your girlfriend?” A boy with thick eyebrows and handsome face joins us. He bows to Mrs. Woo and shakes hands with Jiho and Kyung.

“This is Park Sejoon.” Taewoon introduces the stranger. “Sejoon, this is Maggie.”

“Ah. Ms. Maggie, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. We’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Good things, I hope.” I joke.

“Always good things.” He winks. I look at Taewoon but he doesn’t meet my eyes.

“Ah, you already know Sungmin.” He points at the youngest member of the group. The tall red head pulls me away from Taewoon to tightly hug me.

“Maggie, when are you coming to the dorm to visit? Kyung says you visit Block B’s often. It’s not fair.” Sungmin pouts.

“What? Don’t listen to Kyung his mouth has no filter. How have you been? You’ve gotten taller.” I pat the younger boys shoulder and briefly catch up.

 “Hey Kim Yuhwan, come over here.” Taewoon calls from behind us. A dark haired boy looks our way, waves and walks towards us. Two other follow. Oh Taeha and Shin Jongkook.

“Maggie!” Kim Jungwoo appears into the circle of the boy band members. I had briefly met him and Sungmin in their Co-Ed days. “You’ve gotten prettier, please don’t tell me you are dating this fool.” He nudges Taewoon.

“So are you really Taewoon girlfriend?” Sejoon pursues.

“Why? Is that what he’s been saying?” I look up at Taewoon and wink. The rest of boys start hollering at my reply.

“Taewoon only wished he was dating a CEO’s daughter. Maggie if you’re still single we can go on that date we talked about a while back.” More shouts and hollers follow.

“Can you not hit on my little brother’s best friend?” Taewoon moves between Jungwoo and I.  “Maggie, it’s men like him you need to be careful with.” He lectures.

“I’m pretty sure I can take care of myself.” I interject, up roaring another round of shrieks. Boys.

“Sorry to interrupt but Cinderella here needs to get home.” Jiho interferes. I check the time. Five minutes have passed from the set time Jiho and I had agreed to go home.

“I’m sorry, I have an important meeting tomorrow.” I apologize to the protesting boys. Kyung stays behind to go celebrate with the boys on the successful showcase and Jiho promises to meet the boys on another day for barbeque and drinks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 Due to Jiho’s insistence he walks me up to my apartment door. He’s been oddly silent for the night or in general. When we reach my floor Jiho clears his throat and softly says my name. “I know how you feel about Taewoon. I’m not sure if you’ve completely noticed it yet but you act extremely different around him. But this isn’t about my brother.”

“Jiho?” I bite my lip and wonder where he is going with this.

“Maggie, I like you. I have liked you for a long time.” He kisses my temple and leaves.

 

1 Message: Taewoon

Thanks for coming today Princess. It was really great seeing your beautiful face again. <3