Chapter 5

Hush~~~Dont tell....

"Hello, this is Seoul High's principal. How may I help you?" The principal, Kim Dongjeon, asked. "Hello, Mr.Kim. It's Dae Minna." I greeted. "Oh, Minna-ssi! What can I do for you?" Dongjeon asked. "I would like to enroll Dae Minhyuk into Seoul High. To replace me for the rest of the year." I replied, hoping he won't ask any questions about it. "Minhyuk? Sure, I can arrange that. May I ask why?" He asked. "Personal business, that's all." I said nonchalantly. "He'll be taking my classes, he won't need any tutoring. I already taught him all my classes so far." I added. "Responsible. Sure, that's fine. Would you like us to send the uniform over or, do you want him to go get it at school?" Dongjeon asked. "He'll get it at school. Is it possible for him to start from tomorrow?" I asked. "Of course! Tell Minhyuk to be at school on time." Dongjeon said. "Yes, sir. Goodbye." I said, then hung up. "So? How did it go?" Kimya asked. "He said that it's fine." I sighed in relief. "Thats great! So, I'll see you tomorrow?" Kimya asked. "Yep, you guys can leave. I need to do my homework." I stated. "We had homework?!" Kimya exclaimed. "Yep." I confirmed. "Oh shoot! I need to go! Come on, Eunha!" Kimya rushed. "Oh geez." I chuckled, locking the door and went upstairs to do my homework. 

Bzzzzt! 

From: (xxx) xxx-xxxx 

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl

Hello? Is this Minhyuk?

 From: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl

​To: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

​And if it is? Who are you, a stalker?

From: (xxx) xxx-xxx

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl

​That's not nice to say to your Hyung, Minhyuk.

​It's Tae to the Min.

​From: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

​To: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

What do you want? I'm going to ignore you.

From: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

Hey, don't ignore me.

Ignored. ​Bzzt! Ignored, again. Bzzt! I kept on ignoring the buzzing noise until I finished my homework and after I took a shower. Drying my hair, I finally checked my phone. 25 new messages

From: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

Hey

Hey

HEY

YAH!

DONT YOU IGNORE ME!

YAH!

DAE MINHYUK!!!

I'M 

GOING

TO

KILL

YOU

IF 

YOU

DONT

REPLY

ME!

YAH!

DAE

MIN

HYUK!

ANSWER

ME

​RIGHT 

​NOW!!

From: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

To: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

​Geez. What dafuq do u want?! I need to fill out my school documents, learn all the lessons from my sister and I need to teach my sister the lessons in English!

From: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

Whatever...It's nothing important. 

It's nothing? You spammed me and you say it's nothing important? What the heck? I don't understand this kid.

(Taemin's POV)

Why is it so hard to talk to him? Is it wrong that I want to have a decent chat with him?! Argh...Whatever. Why did I even bother? "Min? What's wrong?" Key asked popping into my room. "It's nothing." I shrugged. "I hear you sighing and groaning from down the hall." Key stated, not looking convinced. "It's nothing. Just a game." I lied. "No, it's not a game. Normally, you're shouting if it was a game." Key stated, still unconvinced. "It's nothing, hyung. Geez..."  I groaned, kicking my legs impatiently. "Tae, you're 21. Act like one, I don't want to deal with a baby. I already deal with Onew's obsession with chicken." Key sighed. "Then, just leave!" I whined. "Ok! Sorry for caring." Key muttered leaving my room. "Argh...Geez." I groaned. Bzzt!

From: Stupid Chicken Flower Boy with no Respect for His Hyung

​To: The best Dancer in SM

What the hell does that mean? You spam me and now you're all like "oh, it's not important!"  If it's not important than don't spam me!

​From: The best Dancer in SM

​To: Stupid Chicken Flower Boy with no Respect for His Hyung

​Like I said, it's not important. If you have important things to do then do it. Simple as that. Good night.

​There. Close enough to a decent conversation.

 

Bzzt!

From: Annoying Stuck up Hyung

To: Miss I-Hate-Attention Popular Girl 

Like I said, it's not important. If you have important things to do then do it. Simple as that. Good night.

Wow, he must be really tired if he's not going to continue arguing. Well, that's good. I need to figure what I'm going to do tomorrow like; how I'm going to explain my replacement for 'Minna' and all that sh!t. I took the bag of boy clothes Kimya got for me. It contained: A striped sweater (navy blue stripes from the sleeves across the abdomen to the bicep and good then, replaced with thin red stripes for a inch and then the rest is black.), black jeans and a snakish printed shirt.

Now that I'm done planning what I'm going to wear tomorrow, time to go to bed!

​Ring ding dong ring ding dong ring-eh ding ding ding ~ Ri- Argh....I hate mornings. Getting out of bed, I brushed my teeth, wrapped my chest and put on my clothes then, wig. Making sure it's securely pinned on my head, I made breakfast and out the door I go with my red bag slumped over my shoulder. "Morning, Kimya!" I greeted. "Annyeong Minhyuk-oppa!" Kimya giggled. "Oppa?" I frowned. "Yeah! You're older than me, so oppa!" Kimya explained. "Whatever, come on. I need to get to school." I sighed, walking towards the bus stop. The girls at the stop stared at me and whispered to each other. "Even as a boy, you still have a lot of popularity." Kimya smirked. "Oh, shush it, Kimya. You're the one who chose these clothes." I groaned, adjusting my bag. When the bus came, we were squished against each other and the bus was very shaky. "Uwah!" A little girl's voice cried. At my feet, a little girl fell in front of me. "Are you ok?" I asked, helping the girl up. "My...Lollipop." She whimpered. "Here but, it's not as good as a lollipop." I said, searching in my bag for a little hard candy. "Thanks, oppa!" She smiled, wiping a tear. "Go to your mom, I need to go to school." I smiled patting her shirt to take off the dirt on her, slipping my bag over my shoulder, I got off the bus with Kimya and walked to school. "What a sweet boy! I wish I had a son like that!" A lady gushed as we got off. "Hello! Are you Dae Minhyuk?" The lady, our school's secretary, asked. "Yeah...And...You are?" I asked, just so I won't be suspicious. "The school's secretary." The lady replied. "Would you need a guide to find your class?" She asked. "Oh no, that's fine. I memorized the school layout thanks to Minna." I shook my head, the secretary nodded then left. "Omo who's that? He looks so cute!" A female student asked. "Maybe he's a new student." Another one whispered. "Let's get out of here, Kimya. I hate the staring." I groaned. "Didn't you always?" Kimya rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah." I said, walking into the school. After stuffing my stuff in my locker, I went to class. "Oh, Minhyuk. What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked. "Ah, Kungwoo. I'm attending until Minna comes back from America." I explained, halting in my tracks. "Ah, right." Kungwoo nodded, playing along with me. Meanwhile, the female students were snapping pictures of us and squealed like crazy when he leaned in to whisper in my ear. "How long are you going to play like this?" "Until I debut." I said, then left to class.

"Ok class, today we have a new student. Please introduce yourself." The teacher said. "Hello, I'm Dae Minhyuk. I hope we get along." I bowed and sat back down. "Hey, did Minna have a brother?" "I don't know, she doesn't talk about her family much." "He's so cute! He's like Luhan and Taemin! He's so pretty!" "I need to know his secret for looking so pretty!" "Ok, children. I know it's exciting to have a new handsome student in the class but, we need to get class started." The teacher cleared . "Neh." The class chorused. "So, can Minhyuk do this math question for us?" The teacher asked. I looked up from my textbook and observed the equation. "Would you like an easier question? I can do that for you." The teacher offered. "Oh no, it's fine." I shook my head and walked over to the board. "It's actually quite simple. First, you find all the prime factors with help of the factor tree, after that, you separate the factors into 2 equal groups, then you multiply the group. So you would write √(2x2x31)x(2x2x31) which equals √124x124 and another way to write it is, √124². Once you realize that the square/exponent 2 and the square root are opposite terms, they cancel each other out. And that leaves you with the answer 124." I explained, writing it all on the board. "Well done, Minhyuk. Does everyone understand this?" The teacher asked. "Yes!" Everyone answered but, you can hear a faint 'no' in the background. "If anyone does not understand, I could help during lunch." I offered and immediately half of the girls in my class started yelling that they need help. "Class! Attention! We know you want to know the knew student better but, we have a class." The teacher tutted. After classes, it was lunch and once again, I hate what I said. The moment bell rang, half of the girls ran over to my desk. "So, Minhyuk? How come Minna doesn't talk about you?" One of them, a Queeka named Hyemi, asked. "She doesn't? Ah, that hurts. So, Hyemi? What do you need help with?" I asked. "You know my name?!" Hyemi asked, her eyes sparkled. "Yeah, I memorized everyone's name and appearances thanks to my sister. And I also know that since my sister is the class pres, I know your tests results. And what I remember, you're good at math, Hyemi." I stated tapping my forehead. Hyemi's face dropped in disappointment and then, left my desk. "That goes the same with everyone else around my desk. Right now, I think the one who needs help is...Lee Minji and Choi Hyomi." I recalled. Simultaneously, the 2 girls whipped their heads up and looked towards me. "Yes, I heard the both of you say 'no' when Miss asked us if we understood." I stated. "Come on, we'll eat lunch with Kimya while I tutor you." I motioned them to follow and they did. "Hey, Kimya! Let's go eat!" I called, knocking on her desk. "Oh hey, Minhyuk!" Kimya smiled. "Tutoring? Again?" Kimya asked. "It's not again if I just transferred here, ya know." I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean." Kimya sighed, getting her books. "Haha, come on. I'm hungry." I laughed. "So, you guys understand the concept of doing this right?" I asked and the 2 girls nodded. "Perfect! That saves me time. First, what you want to do is find all the prime factors that create the certain number to find the square root. For example, taking 1024. First you create the factor tree." I explained, taking a bite out of my pizza and wrote on a piece of paper:

1024

/    \

2   512

    /    \

      2    256

            /       \

             2     128

                   /    \

                   2   64

                       /   \

                       2  32

                           /   \

                           2  16

                                /    \

                                2     8

                                       /   \

                                       2     4

                                              /     \

                                               2     2

"Once, you've done that. You write them all done: 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2. Then, you separate the factors into 2 equal groups and don't forget to write the square root symbol," I continued and wrote down: 

√1024= √(2x2x2x2x2)x(2x2x2x2x2)

"then, you calculate it."

1024= √(2x2x2x2x2)x(2x2x2x2x2)

= √32x32

 

"And another way to write 32x32 is 32² so it's √32². And since, the square/exponent 2 and square root are inverse terms, they cancel each other out." 

 

√32x32= √32²

= 32

 

"So, the answer is 32." I concluded. "Ah....I get it now." Minji nodded along with Hyomi. "Right? It's simple!" I smiled finishing my pizza. "I wish I had a brother like you, Minhyuk. My brother is always busy." Hyomi sighed. "Mine too." Minji pouted. "Anyways if you guys have any more problems, text me it. But, don't tell the other girls." I whispered passing them a small piece of paper. "That's weird... this looks like Minna's number." Hyomi frowned. "Yeah, I think it's the same." Minji nodded, checking her phone. I froze, I forgot I gave them my number before! "A-Ah! You see, Minhyukkie was in America so, he decided to use Minna's phone for a while before getting his own!" Kimya explained.  "Y-Yeah!" I nodded. "Oh, that makes sense." The two girls nodded and finished their lunch. "Minhyuk! Now that you're done tutoring! Come sit with us!" Hyemi smiled, pulling my arm. "Ah, but I-" I protested but, she already dragged me to her table. "Hyemi! Who's the cutie?" A Queenka, I think it was Julie? A half-American and half-Korean student, asked. "Dae Minhyuk, he's in my class." Hyemi smiled. "Get him away from me, he looks like Minna." Another Queenka, Eunji, gagged. Let's just say...Eunji and I weren't the bestest friends. She hates me for somehow stealing her boyfriend. Of course, I'm not dating him. I rejected him. But, she still hates me for it. "What did my sister do?" I asked. "That b!tch stole my boyfriend from me." Eunji growled. "Oh I heard that story before but, I remember that she rejected him." I frowned. "She did. But, he still didn't come back to me." She glared at me. "Uh...Well, since I'm not wanted. I'll leave." I stated. "Eh? Wait! Minhyuk, do you need a guide?" Hyemi asked. "Nope, I'll get Kimya to give me one, if I need it." I shrugged and walked away. "I'm not sure if I can stay like this, Kimmie." I groaned, face-planting myself against my locker. "Why's that?" Kimya asked. "The popularity is too much for me." I groaned. "Well, isn't that new? You were always popular, Min." Kimya laughed. "But, it's different! I'm a popular ​boy not girl!" I whined. "How so?" Kimya asked. "Like when I was a girl, the guys were distant and only talked to me. But, I'm a boy and the girls are all touchy touchy!" I groaned. "Well, it's only natural. The boys think, when you're a girl, you're a fragile flower or Angel. But, the girls think the opposite." Kimya shrugged. "Well, fine. Anyways, are you free Sunday?" I asked. "Yeah sure, why?" Kimya asked. "Minna wants to say bye before she leaves." I replied, once everyone stared at us. "Oh of course." Kimya smiled. "Oh hey, Kungwoo!" I called looking behind Kimya making Kimya stiffen. "Hey, Minhyuk. What's up?" Kungwoo asked. "Are you free on Sunday? I was thinking of giving Minna a surprise before she leaves for America." I grinned. "Text you two the details later! Bye!" I waved and ran off, leaving the 2 together. Well, I actually didn't leave, I cut a corner and spied on the two. The conversation rolled along nicely until a girl interrupted them, damn it! Kimya waved and ran, well more like skipped, away. Noticing she was running my way, I ran to class and acted as natural as possible. "Min! You would not believe what happened!" Kimya squealed. "Oh? What happened?" I asked, hoping she didn't notice my slightly uneven breathing. "Kungwoo asked if he could hang out sometimes! With me! Alone! That's like... A DATE!!!" She squealed. "That's great, Kimya!" I smiled. "Just great? It's amazing! My life achievement!" Kimya exaggerated. "Contain your enthusiasm, Mya." I sighed. "I need to go shopping!" She continued, ignoring what I had just said. "So do I." I stated. "Screw that issue, I need to get ready!" Kimya exclaimed. "I see you got your priorities straight." I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry." Kimya pouted. "No, it's ok. Go shopping, I'll go with SHINee or just Key." I whispered. "Wait! Minhyuk, I was joking!" Kimya protested. "No, no, it's ok. Go shopping." I waved my hands. "Ok, I'm sorry! Miiiiiiinnnnnnn!" Kimya whined. "Ok, ok. I get it, I forgive you." I chuckled. "Ok, class. Settle down, we have a lesson to start." The teacher banged on the chalk board. Well, we'll just have to wait now and hopefully school will end fast.