Chapter 3 : More Suspicions

We are what we are


As Jonghyun was walking slowly to the office, he bumped into Onew who was waiting for the lift.
“Not in a rush today?” Onew smiled.
Jonghyun shook his head. He kept quiet, being hung up about the conversation he had with Key just yesterday.
“You okay? You are awfully quiet today…” Onew asked worriedly.
“Fine…” Jonghyun replied. “I’m just going to take the stairs…see you hyung.”
“Wait! Jonghyun! ” Onew cried out just as Jonghyun bolted off.
Onew tilted his head to the side. “ The elevator is here…”
Pressing the button for the 14th floor, he can’t help but sigh out,” our office is on the 14th floor… did you forget that…”
 
Onew waited at the stairs for 15minutes before Jonghyun finally appeared.
“I thought you collapsed on the way…that took you way too long!” Onew exclaimed.
Jonghyun gasped for his breath before wheezing out,” It’s the normal time for anyone to climb 14 floors hyung! I wasn’t slow at all…”
“It wouldn’t have been a problem for you now would it?” Onew mumbled.
Hearing it clearly, Jonghyun pretended not to notice and just walked past Onew into the air-conditioned office, before collapsing onto his chair right beside Onew’s.
“Why did you take the stairs anyway?” Onew pondered as he settled into his own desk.
“Just needed to clear my head about stuff” Jonghyun shrugged it off.
Onew laughed mockingly,” sure…do that when I’m not around.”
“What?”
‘What does that even mean?’
“Nothing. Nothing at all.”
‘Damn… I just can’t read him at all…’
“Of course you can’t” Onew laughed at Jonghyun’s bewildered expression before focusing on the assignments at hand.
 
Telling Key about what happened in the morning after how he was so unsettled about last night’s conversation was definitely the wrong move. He should have approached Minho or Taemin. Wait…Minho would probably mock him for not being athletically-inclined and Taemin would have told Key either ways, which would result in him being in the same predicament, except with a much worse outcome… Thus, Jonghyun concluded that this hot soup he was in was the best compared to the others.
“He said what?” Key asked agitatedly.
Jonghyun groaned,” do I have to repeat everything?”
“It’s as though…” Key trailed off…
“Yeah… it’s as though he knows…”  Jonghyun continued.


AN: Here's a sort-of cliffie for you guys :D