Chapter 2 : Suspicion

We are what we are

“Jonghyun hyung! What’s up!” Taemin asked seeing him deep in thought.
Sighing, he shook his head. “Nothing much. Just thinking.”
“The world must be coming to an end!” A very tall male with huge eyes exclaimed.
“Kim Jonghyun. Thinking. I’m sure Minho is right. Those are two things you will never find in the same sentence without a ‘NOT’ inbetween them.” A male with Blond hair but pink bangs said loudly.
“Shut up you two! You idiotic frog! I AM NOT A THING KEY!” Jonghyun retorted.
Laughing at the squabble, Taemin just patted Jonhyun’s back to calm him down.
“So what are you thinking of?” Taemin questioned.
“I bet it’s something sick.” Minho chipped in.
Glaring at Minho, Jonghyun hissed,” I’m not you you frog!”
“What’s this about?” Key asked with a raised eyebrow.
Jonghyun sighed and looked down before speaking,” it’s about hyung…”
“Hyung? The Onew hyung you always talk about but never show us?” Taemin asked.
Nodding his head, he continued. “I noticed something…he is a bit…”
“What?” Minho urged on.
“He’s been muttering… saying weird things…”
With three pairs of eyes staring at him, he said,” he mutters things to himself thinking that I cannot hear them…strange things.”
“Like?” Key sounded annoyed at how Jonghyun wasn’t giving details after getting his interest piqued.
“’Yes it was’ , ‘Sure you are’ when I never said anything.“ Jonghyun replied.
“But even when you don’t say anything, your face just totally shows it hyung!” Taemin pointed out.
“For a decent actor, you’re a lousy liar…” Jonghyun carried on.
“I don’t know if you’re just saying this to tell us that he complimented your acting or what but…” Minho joked.
“This is serious Minho! I’m afraid he found out…”
“Wait what! That can’t be!  You’re usually careful…right?” Minho asked, panicked-stricken, all signs of joking lost.
Jonghyun sighed again,” I’m not sure man… I mean I was careful… he couldn’t have found out right?”
"How could he?" Minho asked full or worry and a frown eminent on his face.
“What happened before he said that?” Key asked, eyebrows furrowed
 
Jonghyun went on to explain. He also added the information on Joon’s pens incident as well as in the café.
“So? Do you think he found out?”
“Kin Jonghyun! If our existence is revealed, it most definitely would be your fault! But no. I don’t think he found out just from that.” Key whispered harshly.
“Whew! Thank god right?” Jonghyun exclaimed.
A pillow to his face was the response he got.

"What's with you guys and things in my face? Seriously!"

 
Despite assuring Jonghyun, Key couldn’t help but be hung up over what Jonghyun has told him.
Sure, Jonghyun was a careless fool, but he is most certainly very careful and meticulous when it comes to…

Onew…what does he know?
 
[ TV Programme]
Interviewer: so are you currently in a relationship?
Actress: er…I…er..no…
Interviewer: For an actress, you’re a pretty bad liar
 

This caught the interest of the four as their heads all turned to the TV that was fitted onto the pillar.
 
[TV Programme]
Actress: What do you mean?
Interviewer: I know you can act really well, personifying a totally different character, but you really cannot lie..
Actress: …what?
Interviewer: It’s obvious enough from your reaction that you were obviously hiding something.
Actress: Hiding something?
Interviewer: Yes. Your stutters and hesitation aren’t that difficult to figure out you know.
Actress:  So….
Interviewer: Tell me what you’re hiding. Are you in a relationship?
 

The four simultaneously looked at each other and Jonghyun gulped.
“Did that Onew person ask you anything when you came out of the restroom?” Key asked.
Jonhyun hesitantly nodded,” he asked if I washed my hands…”
With a click of a tongue, Key put his fist on the table and muttered,” Damn!”