Prologue

We are what we are

The day was calm, all was fine. The morning was peaceful and Jonghyun was sleeping blissfully in bed. His undisturbed sleep was about to go horribly wrong…
“Kim Freaking Jonghyun! You get up this instant or else!” Key’s shrill voice echoed throughout the apartment.
Groaning, Jonghyun wriggled into the thick blankets to try to hide from the sunlight that was glaring through the windows after Key cruelly drew the curtains.
“Dammit…Don’t sneak up on me! You voice is painful enough! Now you’re even scaring me by appearing out of nowhere?”
Key snickered at his antics,” it’s not like you would have seen me with you sleeping like a log!”
“I wouldn’t be able to see you because you wouldn’t want to be seen!” Jonghyun whined as his blankets were snatched from him. Well, it wasn’t his but he was perfectly comfortable using it to avoid the harsh rays of sunlinght that semed to mock him and his current situation with the respawned devil himself.
Key clicked his tongue at his failed attempts of getting Jonghyun out of bed. No one ignores Kim Kibum. No one.
Taemin stumbled into the room still groggy from sleep while scratching his messy bed hair. “Hyung… why are you so loud in the morning?”
Upon hearing his favourite Dongsaeng’s voice, Key instantly turned all motherly and started to coo at Taemin, apologizing to his baby for waking him up.
“Two-faced…” Jonghyun spat out, earning him a few pillows and a remote controller thrown at him (all of which hit him square in the face because he couldn't dodge).
Jonghyun threw the pillows back at Key. None of which hit the supposed target.
“Taemin…what I need is support here! Don’t meddle! I would have totally hit Key if you weren’t there!” Jonghyun whined.
Taemin giggled a bit,” Sorry hyung… Key hyung doesn’t make breakfast when in a bad mood and getting hit by you in the morning won’t exactly land him in the best of moods.”

Key smiled at how thoughtful his dongsaeng was. “Even with Taemin here, the odds are still against you right now.” Key reprimanded as Jonghyun grumbled.
“You better get ready for work…You have 20 Minutes.” Key reminded, ushering Taemin back to bed.
Jonghyun nodded before speaking a tad bit louder so Key, from another room, could hear him. “I’m just gonna zap back home to get ready and just go to work Kay?”
Just then, a lump beside Jonghyun lamented very loudly and threw a pillow straight at Jonghyun’s face. “Shut up…What time do you think it is?”
Jonghyun scoffed before pressing down onto the lump’s blanket covered face, effectively shutting the other up, as well as suffocating him. After a few moments of struggling, the lump finally emerged and a male with tousled hair and sleepy face emerged from under the blankets.
Sensing the dark aura, Jonghyun gulped as he tentatively stepped back, fearful of provoking the other. He could just feel the temperature in the room heating up. 
“Minho…calm down…Just go back to sleep…”
Hearing the declaration of surrender, Minho collapsed back into the pile of soft and fluffy blankets and pillows, falling back into slumber.
“I swear, he's like a bear that is grumpy after being awoken half-way through hibernation!” Jonghyun complained.
Key’s head poked into the room and snorted,” as if you have the guts to do that! You have exactly 15 minutes left by the way!”
“Yeah yeah. It’s not like I’m going to be late or anything. It wouldn’t even take a minute to get to work."
Key rolled his eyes and just left the soon-to-be-late Jonghyun.
“I’ll see you guys in a few. Bye!” With that, Jonghyun left.
Taemin rubbed his eyes, mumbling,” Key hyung… Jonghyun hyung forgot his keys…its here with me.”
“It’s not like he needs it anyway. Get back to bed. I’ll wake you up after I’m done with breakfast.” Key said ruffling the younger’s hair affectionately.
With a nod, Taemin walked towards Key’s room to sleep in.
With a sigh, Key turned to the only pile left on his guest room’s bed before shouting.” Choi Freaking Minho. You get up this instant or else!”
Taemin sighed. Just a typical Monday morning for the four of them after every ‘Sunday Gathering’ which was really, Jonghyun and Minho’s excuse of drinking at Key’s place for the free food they get.
Just a typical day. A typical noisy day. What are the chances of Taemin falling back into sleep?

Well, he snoozed off in no time at all.


AN: Can you tell what's up? ^^