Chapter 4: Lee Sung Young

Fairy Tale

You monster.

Why are beings like you here?

You shouldn't exist.


Previously:

"Don't start any trouble, Kris. That girl..."

"I know."

Kris' eyes once again glowed red as he turned to the direction where the girl disappeared off to.

I found you.


Sachi remained silent as she let herself get dragged by Kai again. She dared not say anything, feeling a tense aura around Kai and it doesn't seem like it will subdue any minute. She reached out her hand to touch Kai's, squeezing it slightly to let the man know that it was already okay.

Kai stopped abruptly after feeling Sachi's hand on his very own. He immediately turned to her and stared straight into her eyes.

"Don't get too close to him." Kai warned. There was a hint of fear and worry in his voice, Sachi couldn't help but nod.

"Who is he anyway?" She asked. She has been curious about the man since this is the first time she felt her body freeze just by the mere sight of the man and it had peaked her curiosity.

Kai bit his lip, debating to himself on whether or not he should tell the girl, but she has the right to know.

"You see. The students are somewhat divided. The one we saw, Kris, is the leader of Cannon. Members of Cannon are usually the ones who causes trouble in school, or they are the ones who have this dark aura around them. It couldn't be helped but to let them study here if the principal's son studies here." Kai paused for a while and gestured Sachi to walk with him.

"But not all Cannon members are that bad. Some of them became a member because they are close friends with Kris and can't bear the thought of being away from him, or if he picks you." And it seems like you caught his eye. Kai bit his lip to prevent the comment from escaping his lips.

"Of course the principal knows that there are some students here who aren't studying for the greater good, that's why she kinda established the Custodes. They are the counterpart of Cannon and they more or less watches over them if ever a Cannon member goes berserk. Every Custode member has a corresponding Cannon member that they need to watch over." Kai continued to walk into the corridor until they stopped in front of a room. "It's my room and my roommate isn't here yet. Let's continue talking inside."

Sachi nodded and waited for Kai to open the door before entering.

"Chen is a part of the Custodes, so am I." Kai continued as he closed the door, gesturing Sachi to sit on a bed which she assumed to be Kai's. The man sat beside her and continued.

"He manages Baekhyun, the one with the light power earlier, while I manage Chanyeol. He's my roommate. When a Custode's Cannon counterpart is of the same gender, they usually stay in a room together. Hopefully you won't become a Cannon member, though. We also have a neutral group that doesn't heed both Cannon and Custodes rules. They usually don't care what happens between the groups but when they do, it's probably something really bad that Cannon and Custodes can't handle. These Neutrals are the most powerful students in school and they're only five and all of them are males. You'll probably see one when Sehun returns. His brother is part of the Neutrals. Alright. Do you have any questions?"

Sachi shook her head. She was still processing the information she got about the school.

"Oh wait. How will I know if I'm part of the Custodes or Cannon?"

"Hm." Kai closed his eyes, trying to remember how he became a Custode.

"Usually, the leader, or any member would approach you and ask you if you want to join them. You do know the student council president, right?"

Sachi nodded. "It's Suho-ssi, right?"

"Yeah. He's the leader of the Custodes, obviously. He approached me while I was eating with Sehun and we were both asked to be part of the Custodes. I agreed almost immediately of course, but Sehun was wavering at first. Since his brother was a Neutral, he felt that he wouldn't want to be involved with the division thing too, but Suho miraculously convinced him to be part of us." Kai nodded as he started to reminisce the moment when he was asked to be a Custode. 

"Hm. Are the Neutrals stronger than Suho-ssi and Kris...ssi?" The girl hesitated on whether or not she should put an honorific with Kris' name.

Kai shook his head. "Not really. They are almost on par with each other, it's just that Suho-hyung is the council president so he was immediately appointed as the Custode's leader. He watches over Kris. Though, I'm pretty sure Kris is stronger than Suho-hyung ang some of the Neutrals, but the strongest one is Rome-hyung. He's the leader of the Neutrals. His dominant power is mind control, but he has a lot of abilities that aren't as dominant as his mind control, but they are still strong."

Sachi nodded and was satsfisfied at the knowledge she just earned. "Can you show me my room now?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah. Right. Sorry." Kai stood up and reached out his hand which Sachi held onto as she hoisted herself up. "My room isn't far from yours. In fact, your room is only three rooms after mine." The man said as he opened the door, letting the girl step out of the room first.

"Oh. Damn." Sachi sighed, shaking her head slowly. "That means I'll get to see your face often here too." She dramatically placed the back of her hand on her forehead, having a fake forlorn expression on her face. "Oh, how cruel must life be?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Sheesh. If I knew you were this crazy, I wouldn't have talked to you in the first place."

"Ya! That's mean, Kai-ah! You're my first friend here so don't say that." Sachi pouted as she grabbed Kai's arm and wrapped her hand on it.

Kai flicked her forehead. "Pabo."

"Ya!" Sachi rubbed the red spot that was forming on her forehead. "That hurts."

"Sorry." Kai laughed half-heartedly as he ruffled the girl's hair. "Alright, here's your room. You should pack first and I'll come get you later so we could eat lunch, alright?"

Sachi nodded and waved at Kai as he turned to his room. The girl unlocked the room. She expected to see her roommate there, but apparently, no one was inside. She flopped on the bed, which she assumed to be hers since it was the part of the room that seemed unoccupied. She sighed, suddenly feeling tired. Only half of the day has passed, but a lot of events had happened already. She rolled to her side, feeling her eyelids dropping.

She soon drifted off to sleep.


Blood curling screams echoed thoughout the household. Men from the army barged inside the house without proper authorization. They fired their guns to every being their eyes laid on. The young mistress, who was in deep slumber, stirred up and soon awakened from her deep sleep.

She was startled as she heard more screams and gun shots. Her eyes widened as she stares at the wall. She could see the blood splutter on the walls everytime a gunshot was heard. Though, from a normal being's point of view, it was as if the girl was just staring at the wall, frozen.

As soon as these visions ended, she placed her hand over her ears, closing her eyes tightly as she felt fear, anxiety, and hopelessness built up on her chest, letting out a scream until all these feelings left her.

An old woman immediately entered the room, enveloping the young girl into a tight embrace and whispered assuring words that everything would be okay.

"Shh. Calm down, sweetie. It's just a dream." The old woman caressed the girl's head, feeling her kimono dampen on the chest area as the girl's sweat and tears mixed and landed on the fabric.

"I- I don't want to see these visions anymore, obaa-san. I'm scared." The girl said, her hands gripping onto the fabric as if the fear that she felt would come back as soon as she was out of the older woman's embrace. "It's not a dream, obaa-san. I was awake when I saw them."

The girl soon began to feel anxious again as she heard no response from the older. She soon felt thick, yet slightly hot liquid flow from her head, passing through her earlobe, down to her shoulder.

She tensed up. A metallic scent soon filled the room. She knows this scent too well.

She glanced up, oh how she wish she didn't.

The old woman was still embracing her, but a long, sharp metal was piercing her back which passed through her shoulder.

A cold chill ran down the girl's spine as the emotions before soon rushed back to her with more intensity.

A scream was stuck on as she saw a figure from behind her grandmother's cold, dead body, slowly walking towards her.

She couldn't move an inch, yet she was shaking. 

She pulled her knees with the remaining strenght she had and laid down in fetal position.

"G-Go away!" She shouted over and over again, as if it was a mantra. But she could hear the footsteps coming closer.

And closer.

And closer.

"...chi! SACHI!"

The girl's eyes immediately shot open, her body jerked up into a sitting position as she placed her hand on her chest, feeling her rapid heartbeat.

She looked to the side, finding Kai holding her other hand, but they weren't alone.

Chen, and a girl she doesn't know was also present in the room.

"What happened?" Sachi said, her voice quite hoarse.

"Well," Kai started, but he glanced at the dorm head. "You were having a nightmare and you kept screaming. Sung Young," he pointed at the girl behind him. "Your roommate found you screaming and sweating profusely and she didn't know what to do so she called Chen. Then suddenly, you used your powers again and kinda asorbed the light in your room and the other neighboring rooms, which also covered mine so I teleported here. Good thing your roommate here has the same ability as Baekhyun so we were able to bring back the light you absorbed."

"O-Oh." Sachi glanced at Kai for a second, before turning her head to stare at her bedsheets. She sloly lifted her hand from her chest and placed it on her forehead. "C-Can I get some water, please?"

Kai immediately nodded and stood up to get her a drink. She finished the glass in one take. Her heartbeat began to calm down, and so did she.

"I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused, Chen-ssi and..." Sachi's eyes landed on the girl, who has worry plastered all over her face.

"Sung Young. Lee Sung Young." The girl said with the smile. "It was good that I found you and called Chen-oppa before you absorbed the light."

"I'm sorry and thank you." She stood up, though she slightly lost her balance immediately. Kai, who was beside her aided her for a while.

"Don't stand yet. You're not yet stable." Kai said as he helped the girl sit instead. The girl nodded, feeling her energy drain from the nightmare she just had. She bowed slightly at Chen and Sung Young, mumbling her thanks and apologies.

"It was a good decision to make you room with Sung Young. If this ever happens again, Sung Young will be there to help you bring back light." Chen mumbled. Even though he has a stoic face that he has been holding for a while, they could hear the worry that was noticable in his voice. "If you need help, don't hesitate to seek help from me, or from your roommate and friends." Chen nodded as he brushed his hand through his head.

"Well, I better get going now. Sachi, you should rest. I'll inform your afternoon classes that you won't be able to attend." He glanced over Kai and Sung Young. "Which one of you would want to stay here and watch over her?"

"I'll do it." Sung Young said first, beating Kai into it. "Since I'm her roommate, I'll use this chance to get to know her better."

"Alright. I'll inform your teachers too." Chen nodded in agreement and looked at Kai. "Looks like you'll attend your classes, Kai."

The said man groaned as he stood up and ruffled Sachi's hair.

"Get some rest. I'll buy you some soup later, and maybe I'll bring my friends over so you could meet them. See you later!" Kai bid goodbye as he closed the door, leaving quite an awkard air between the roommates.

"So..." Sung Young started as she sat on her bed. "I'm Sung Young. You're Sachi, right? From Japan?"

The girl nodded, still not finding the energy to speak, which Sung Young understood.

"My ability is to produce light, and I sing for the school's band. I'm pretty sure Kai-oppa has told you about the Cannons and Custodes, I presume?" Sung Young asked, earning a nod from the other.

"Well, I'm a Custode member."

Sachi tensed up and looked at the girl with worried eyes. She doesn't want to be a Cannon member.

Sung Young giggled softly and smiled at the other girl. 

"Don't worry. I already have a Cannon counterpart, and it's a guy."

The lively girl giggles once more as she saw Sachi relax.

"You should go rest. I'll just read here and watch over you so rest assured that the thing that happened earlier won't happen again!" Sung Young flashed a smile at the girl.

Sachi smiled back weakly as she laid on the bed again, immediately falling into a peaceful slumber as soon as she closed her eyes.

TBC


Author's Notes: Not proofread yet. Sorry for the late update. I'm gonna update faster now, hopefully, since summer vacation is here! Yehet! Thanks for reading and see you on the next chapter!

Comments, Subscriptions, and Upvotes are loved! <3