Prompt 1

Sebaek Fic Collection

I love you that it hurts so much | Suggested by Violet_Joker

 

If Sehun could name one thing he would never forget, it would be the time when he first met Byun Baekhyun.

It was not a good day for Sehun after having been kicked out of his dance class because of his attendance. It didn’t help that it was raining while he walked out of the school, it didn’t help that he had no car or cash to get into a cab. His house seemed so far away and there was no way he could run in the rain without falling sick the next day. But because he had no choice and he hated waiting since the rain won’t be stopping anytime soon, he made a run for his house. Halfway through, he began to shiver from the cold and his wet clothes clung to him uncomfortably. He didn’t have any other choice but to run for the nearest house for shelter.

He felt almost guilty for ruining the carpet on the porch, but who puts carpet on their porch anyway? It’s bound to get wet from the rain. He was only half aware of the water dripping down his skin and onto the wooden porch as he hugged himself for much needed warmth. He watched as the rain blurred his vision of the road and heard the sound of it pound onto the roof. It wasn’t going to stop anytime soon and Sehun knew it. So he opted to sit on the seat the owner had placed at the corner, not caring if he was going to wet the fabric cushion. He wasn’t going to stand.

The few minutes turned into a half an hour and Sehun almost drifted to sleep when the front door opened and a small-built boy came out onto the porch. The boy stretched his arms up above his head and breathed in the air, the heavy rain now only falling in drizzle. Sehun froze in his place, not wanting to scare the other boy and hoped he wouldn’t be found but then his eyes enlarged when the said boy turned and saw him. A short squeal left the boy’s lips as he jumped back before he pursed his lips and stormed towards Sehun, who had forgotten to stand up.

“Who are you and what are you doing on my porch?” The boy had his hands on his hips as he glared down at Sehun, attempting to go for a fierce look but his lower lip was jutting out.

Sehun pursed his own lips to keep from smiling at the adorableness coming from the stranger. “I’m sorry. I got caught in the rain.”

He looked up at the shorter boy, noticing that he couldn’t be much older than Sehun is, maybe a year or two older, but his height and face could easily deceive everyone else. Sehun got up from the chair and the stranger stepped back, his expression softening as he nodded in acknowledgement, seeming not to be bothered by his ruined cushion and carpet. Sehun stood there, lanky and awkward, not knowing what to do. He considered offering to pay for the cushion he’d ruined but thought better of it. Where was he going to get the money anyway?

He flashed the stranger the smallest and briefest of smiles before he moved towards the exit. He figured he could make it home safely now that the rain had slowed down. He was about to step off the porch when he felt a warm hand on his arm and the shorter boy spoke.

“Hey,” Sehun turned and saw the other boy smiling at him. “Would you like a cup of hot chocolate?”

Maybe if Sehun had shaken his head instead and refused the stranger’s offer, he would still be that boy who gets angry at things he did to himself. Maybe if he had thanked the stranger and walked off, he wouldn’t know what love is. But he had smiled and he said yes, earning himself a wide grin the stranger showered him with.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun.” The shorter male had said then, offering his hand out for Sehun to take.

Sehun didn’t hesitate; he shook Baekhyun’s small hand in his slightly bigger one. “Oh Sehun.”

And that was the beginning of a beautiful connection two boys shared.

 

A year soon became three. In those years, Sehun’s days were filled with whispered words of love and promises of forever. It was Baekhyun’s voice that greeted him in the morning, and it was the same voice who sang him to sleep. Baekhyun took him in when his parents kicked him out, Baekhyun held him when he felt alone and upset, Baekhyun accepted him for who he is and it was also Baekhyun who believed in him. He should’ve known from the moment the older male offered him a cup of hot chocolate that he would never be alone.

Baekhyun loves Sehun, that one no one could deny. He reminds Sehun of his love every day and night, when the younger just woke up or when he was putting on his shoes before he leave for classes. Sehun would laugh and kiss Baekhyun on his lips. “Stop being so cheesy,” He would say, but Baekhyun never stopped. Baekhyun wouldn’t stop until Sehun says it back. And Sehun even though he wasn’t one that liked all the grease, couldn’t help but say it back with all the sincerity of his heart because it was the truth. He did love the older, so much that sometimes it hurt.

Sehun almost had a breakdown when he received a call from the hospital saying that Baekhyun had met with an accident. His friend, Jongin, had driven him to that hospital while his vision continuously blurred from the tears that pooled in his eyes. He couldn’t lose Baekhyun. Baekhyun can’t leave me, he had thought to himself. Baekhyun won’t leave me. He couldn’t, at that moment, imagine how life would be if the worst was to happen. His thoughts were filled with all the negativity and nightmarish possibilities of losing the one he truly loves. His chest hurt and it was difficult to breathe. Who was going to sing him to sleep if Baekhyun leaves him? Who’s going to tell him ‘I love you’ and kiss his jaw if Baekhyun goes?

He should’ve stopped crying the moment the doctor said Baekhyun is safe and he would be fine. But instead Sehun cried even more as he held his lover’s hand in his. He thought back to the moment he first met Byun Baekhyun and how if he had walked away, he wouldn’t have known love such as this. He wouldn’t have known worry such as this. He wouldn’t have known how it would feel like losing something you didn’t know you had in the beginning. When Baekhyun’s eyes fluttered open, and his fingers moved against Sehun’s skin, the younger attacked Baekhyun with peppered kisses all over his face, as gently and softly as he could.

Baekhyun had smiled, despite his pale face and weak voice as he reached up to caress Sehun’s cheek. It was nothing, he’d said. I wasn’t looking where I was going. Of course, that earned him an angry Sehun who, for the next fifteen minutes, didn’t stop nagging at him about his safety, about how he was worried to death, and he asked if Baekhyun didn’t care about him enough to be more careful. But Sehun didn’t continue because he could see tears in Baekhyun’s eyes.

Instead, he held Baekhyun in his arms that night and told the older to be careful next time. He kissed Baekhyun’s forehead and lips and reminded his lover of how much he loved him.

I don’t want to lose you, hyung.” He’d whispered into Baekhyun’s ear as he kissed the older’s cheek. “You’re everything to me. I love you so much.

He could feel Baekhyun’s lips stretch into a smile with his eyes closed.

It was the first time Sehun said it first. 

 

A/N: 1.3K words of nonsense drabble. I'm sorry. I needed a Sebaek but it was all I could come out with this prompt. It was a good prompt and thanks for suggesting it to me. I'm sorry if you hate it. And do you notice how cliche are all my stories? I . I should stop writing.