Chapter I

Breaking Her Heart for Breaking Mine

Baekhyun's POV

 

"Don't forget to do your homework!" the teacher hit the table with her stick and shouted over all the chattering. Class has ended and everyone was in commotion, overly excited to get away from the premises of hell. School isn't hell to me. Well, to them, at least.

"Kids~" I heard our teacher mutter under her breath as she pressed on her temple with closed eyes before she shook her head and took her things. When she went out, everyone else followed.

I quickly stuffed my things in my bag. After zipping it close, I grabbed it and swung it over my shoulder while glancing at my watch. It's already 5:15 PM. When I looked down, my shirt was unruly so I tucked it in. Then, I fixed my tie. I was about to step out of the room when Chen yelled. "Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Where are you going? Our homework's not done yet."

I stopped, pressed on my glasses and turned to face him. "Work." I answered shortly and left him scratching his head in disbelief.

"Aigoo~ Let him be, Jongdae." I heard Chanyeol's deep voice from outside. I smiled. At least, my best friend understands. We're supposed to do our homework before going home or anywhere else. But, today's Friday and Friday means I've got to get to the shop early.

 

Before going out of the building, I stopped by the comfort room. After that, I went out and headed to the side where I chained my bicycle, Bibi.

"Let's go, Bibi-yah~" I chirped before pedaling my way to the shop which was only a few blocks away. When I arrived I settled my bike at the side and chained it there.

"Bibi, don't go anywhere, okay?" I commanded it. Knowing that it won't answer, I chuckled to myself and decided to go in. The bells chimed when I pushed the door open.

"Oh! Baekhyun-ah~ Why are you here so early?" Xiumin, a friend of mine who works here as part-time as well, asked. He was having a cup of coffee with his best friend Luhan at a coffee table just behind the counter.

"It's Friday, Xiumin. Isn’t it obvious?" Luhan chuckled. I smiled at them before I headed to the employee room and walked straight to my locker where I put my bag. Then, I changed into my working clothes. After that, I glanced up at the clock above the door. 6:10pm. Just in time.

 

After a few minutes, I went out and waited by the counter, laughing at the jokes that Luhan and Xiumin makes. But as they were joking around, I kept on glancing at the door until I forgot about the two of them and focused on the entrance door alone.
The clock read 6:40. She's a bit late than usual. Could it be that she's not coming?

 

Customers come and go and I've made several transactions. I've sold two albums of Super Junior and one single of SNSD so far but she's still nowhere.

I started to space out that I didn't hear my customer. "Hey, mister. Do you still have the free poster?"

"Look. Baekhyun's in a daze." Xiumin pointed at me. Luhan saw and noticed that my glasses are almost falling off from the bridge of my nose. "I'll handle it." He said.

"Mister?" the customer asked, waving her hand. I snapped out of my daze, pushed my glasses and blinked at her.
"I'm sorry." I bowed. "What is it, Miss?"

Luhan came and patted my shoulder. "I have this." He smiled and entertained the customer in my place. I bowed at him, ashamed of myself. I was supposed to help out but I'm being like this again. Funny, but every Friday, I'm normally like this. Often spaced out and anxious.

 

Xiumin signaled me to sit first as another customer went in. He went to the couple who entered and greeted them graciously. I watched how lively Luhan answers his customer's questions and I couldn't help but smile at how awkward Xiumin was with the couple. He's good with handling girls and boys but with couples, he gets awkward around them. I couldn't blame him. We're the same.

 

The bells chimed again. Seeing that both of them were busy, I instinctively stood up and bowed to the customer's way.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Music Paradise." I greeted. When I tilted my head up, my eyes widened. It's her. She bowed back and headed to her usual spot.

My heart went beating madly inside. It feels like it wants to jump out of my chest. I stood frozen. My eyes glued on her every move. Gulping, I pushed my glasses to its place. I wanted to move and approach her but my feet kept on betraying me at times like this. And I don't have the confidence when I think of how I look. People always say that I look "weird". Even my friends tell me so. Except for Chen and Chanyeol, though. But what if she says I'm weird, too?

I heaved a sigh and decided to stay put and just stare.

 

Every Friday, she comes to this CD Shop. Every time she comes, she goes straight to the third shelf at the last row. She puts on the headphones, listens to her favorite song and bobs her head to the beat.
She has beautiful long black hair. It's straight. It would slide down her face and she would always hook it back to her ear. It may be weird but my heart flutters when she's around. I don't know her name and I know nothing about her. But one thing's for sure. I like her. But how do I say it? I've never been like this before.

 

"Go on, talk to her." Luhan whispered to me. I looked around and saw that the other customers already left. I gulped in hesitation.

"Don't be a coward, Baekhyun. Go on!" Xiumin added, pushing me. I almost stumbled down. Luckily she was drowned by the music and she has no idea about us whispering behind her back.

My breathing became unsteady. I couldn't run away or turn back because of Xiumin and Luhan. It's like I have no other choice but to approach her. I would take a step closer but I'd take two steps backward. I can feel them scratching their heads from behind. But hey, this isn't easy! It's only easier said than done.

"I can't do this." I mouthed, looking back to my friends and shaking my head. Luhan frowned and crossed his arms while Xiumin showed me his fist and mouthed, "I'll punch you if you don't talk to her." I sighed.

When I was finally a few steps away from her, she turned back. I froze. She jumped slightly. I must have surprised her. But then, she smiled. My heart flipped inside. She took the headphones off and put it back to its place before she took the latest album of Teen Top in her hand.

"I'm buying this." She said to me. Her voice was like a melody and I couldn't move. I only nodded blankly at her with a smile but I still didn't move. She blinked at me for a few times in confusion. My heart was fluttering and my cheeks are hot. I know I'm blushing by now but I couldn't take away my eyes off of her cute face.

Xiumin must have felt that I needed help so he went to us and took the CD from her before they both went to the counter where she paid for it. Before going out, she glanced at me. I was still frozen. Seriously, why am I like this?

She glanced back again. Her face was like, "What's wrong with him?" before she pushed the door and finally stepped out of the shop.

I heaved a sigh when she was gone and that's when I realized I actually held my breath for a long time.

"Are you alright?" Luhan patted my back. Xiumin scowled and crossed his arms. "You won't get a girl by staring at her, Baekhyun. You've got to make a move before someone else does."

I heaved another heavy and disappointed sigh. Xiumin is right. It'll be too late if I don't make a move soon. But right now, just like that, I lost another opportunity and I didn't even get to know her name. 

 

 

 

 

 

So, we have the first chapter ^^
I would like to say thanks to I-Love-EXO, Miss_Lady and icedteabear...
I love you guys so much. You support me a lot and I really appreciate it.
You make me cry in happiness.. LOL
But really, thank you so much.