The Fifth Path

The Path to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five: The Path to Reconcilation

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only come alive through understanding."

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Luhan murmured as his lips lingered near the top of my head. 

I smiled sheepishly. "It's okay, Luhan." 

Apparently somebody, although I have a very good idea who, told Luhan he was the reason I had passed out due to stress the past couple of days, and now he just wouldn't stop apologizing. 

I had a feeling it would happen, and I had already forgiven him anyways, so I was kind of annoyed that Kai told his brother. I knew Luhan wouldn't stop apologizing until well... I'm not sure how many 'sorry's it was going to take for him to stop feeling guilty. 

"Luhan, you know I have to leave again tomorrow back to the seas to continue the examination right?" I whispered against his chest. 

Luhan sighed. "Yes, but you're not going to stop me from leaving with you this time. the council. They can live without me for a couple days." 

I smiled as I snuggled into his warm embrace. His heartbeat felt just right against mine. I paused as I looked up at him. 

"You're thirsty, aren't you?"

See, I didn't need to drink anywhere near as much blood as Luhan or his brothers did because I was technically not full vampire, but since Luhan and I had blood bonded, he couldn't really drink anybody else's blood but mine and I had been gone for the past couple of days in my kingdom... 

I urged him with a quick peck on his lips as I cradled his head toward my neck. 

"Baby, it's okay. I'm feeling fine now. It's okay." I whispered reassuringly. 

I could feel the stray hairs on the top of Luhan's hair slightly tickling my jawline as he placed his mouth on my veins. I could feel his warm breath ghosting over my skin. 

Ouch. 

It always stung a little. His fangs were on my neck and I could feel it when he started drinking. 

He started to cough violently and immediately pulled away from my neck. 

I ran to him. 

"Luhan, baby, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. 

"Solbi, what happened? Your blood tastes like..." he paused as he his lips. 

"Poison." He finished as a dark look set over his features.

My hands flew to the puncture marks on my neck as a shiver ran through my spine. Poison...?

Luhan grabbed a bag and started packing all our clothes. "We need to have you see a doctor. Now." 

I stopped him by cupping his cheeks. "Luhan, are you okay?" I repeated. 

He had dark circles underneath his eyes from exhaustion and lack of blood. His eyes looked worn out and he had even lost that healthy glow to his skin that had been there for as long as I remembered. Is this what I was doing to him, or was this caused by something else? 

"I'm fine, sweetheart. I don't care what it takes, but I am not losing you, okay?" 

How many 'okay's came out of our mouths today? Was our relationship really okay? Was everything really going to be 'okay'? 

I ran my hands through his hair. "Look, Luhan, I think this will be fine for another night or two. I just don't want..." I stopped as I tried to hold back the tears that were undoubtedly forming in my eyes. "I just don't want this." I broke down as I started to sob. 

Luhan immediately wrapped one arm around my waist as he used his other hand to wipe my tears away. 

"I don't want us to leave looking for a solution again when I just spent the past eight days unconcious. I understand that you're worried about my health, and I swear, I will be just fine, but I want us to spend time together." I said as I tearfully looked into his eyes. 

"I'm already leaving tomorrow anyways to see more doctors... Can't this wait?" I sniffled. "I just want to be with you before I have to get all these examinations and see all these doctors, Luhan." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter